What's new

$19 million might produce the first ever image of a black hole

In the last minutes of this video, you will see a space ship circling around a big black thing. That black thing is black hole. The name of this documentary is A Walk in Time.

You know I am still not satisfied with this theory.
@OrionHunter where are you???High time you came to this thread and solved my queries.
Hi Levina, Ok I'm back in my hotel room after gallivanting in Bangalore. Actually busy trying to furnish my two new apartments I have bought!! And I'm so bushed, I just wanna have a beer and sleep!! But since you asked, I can't let you down, can I? :no:

Talking of Black Holes, remember it's just a theory! I had asked the famed Prof Michio Kaku the renowned theoretical physicist in America in a Q & A session whether BHs really exist. He insisted they do. I told him I don't believe in this theory but in the theory of the Electric Universe instead.

He did get a little pissed off, but then I stood my ground and told him that scientists usually make up the equations to suit their pet theories! To which he got more pissed!! Jeeez!

After reading through numerous papers, it does seem that black holes and even the Big Bang are myths perpetuated by a disingenuous coterie. It has been recently proved that the black hole and the expanding Universe are not predicted by General Relativity at all!

As per Nikias Stavroulakis:

* The given distribution of matter cannot be reduced to a point.

* Black holes never appear in solutions of the Einstein equations.

Here’s some more gen, this time from New Scientist.....

A controversial alternative to black hole theory has been bolstered by observations of an object in the distant universe, researchers say. If their interpretation is correct, it might mean black holes do not exist and are in fact bizarre and compact balls of plasma called MECOs (Magnetospheric Eternally Collapsing Object).

According to the MECO theory, objects in our universe can never actually collapse to form black holes. When an object gets very dense and hot, subatomic particles start popping in and out of existence inside it in huge numbers, producing copious amounts of radiation. Outward pressure from this radiation halts the collapse so the object remains a hot ball of plasma rather than becoming a black hole.

"I believe this is the first evidence that the whole black hole paradigm is incorrect," says Darryl Leiter of the Marwood Astrophysics Research Center in Charottesville, Virginia, US, who co-authored the study. He says that where astronomers think they see black holes, they are actually looking at MECOs.

Stephen Hawking has now put forward a new theory that changes the way scientists view black holes, saying he was wrong about them in the past!
Dr David Whitehouse
BBC News Online science editor.

And here's what the fuss is all about. Take a look-see at this video. That would probably ease all the confusion.......

Cheers! I'm hitting the sack now! :lazy:

Hi Levina, Ok I'm back in my hotel room after gallivanting in Bangalore. Actually busy trying to furnish my two new apartments I have bought!! And I'm so bushed, I just wanna have a beer and sleep!! But since you asked, I can't let you down, can I? :no:
Thank you!! And congratulations....2 new apartments is a big deal:tup:.....

OrionHunter said:
Talking of Black Holes, remember it's just a theory! I had asked the famed Prof Michio Kaku the renowned theoretical physicist in America in a Q & A session whether BHs really exist. He insisted they do. I told him I don't believe in this theory but in the theory of the Electric Universe instead.
omg!!!
You've met that Japanese scientist????
Wow!!

OrionHunter said:
He did get a little pissed off, but then I stood my ground and told him that scientists usually make up the equations to suit their pet theories! To which he got more pissed!! Jeeez!
And you managed to irk him too???:p:
@Dash he's the same guy who in your video proved GR theory wrong...collapsing the laws of physics itself.

OrionHunter said:
A controversial alternative to black hole theory has been bolstered by observations of an object in the distant universe, researchers say. If their interpretation is correct, it might mean black holes do not exist and are in fact bizarre and compact balls of plasma called MECOs (Magnetospheric Eternally Collapsing Object).
According to the MECO theory, objects in our universe can never actually collapse to form black holes. When an object gets very dense and hot, subatomic particles start popping in and out of existence inside it in huge numbers, producing copious amounts of radiation. Outward pressure from this radiation halts the collapse so the object remains a hot ball of plasma rather than becoming a black hole.
Stephen Hawking has now put forward a new theory that changes the way scientists view black holes, saying he was wrong about them in the past!
Dr David Whitehouse
BBC News Online science editor.

And here's what the fuss is all about. Take a look-see at this video. That would probably ease all the confusion.......
Cheers! I'm hitting the sack now! :lazy:
You always give contradicting theories which sound more practical:-).
And I seriously liked the "plasma cosmology":tup::tup:
Thanks for the video and explanation.

And you managed to irk him too???
@Dash he's the same guy who in your video proved GR theory wrong...collapsing the laws of physics itself.

hehe, I know that, he did that and he did that twice again applying QP. But later on added the theory back with singularity.

No matter what I hve a strong feeling towards singularity, I believe in that part of science. Something that will prove the existance of so small yet so heavy out of which controls everything, get the drift?:)

No matter what I hve a strong feeling towards singularity, I believe in that part of science. Something that will prove the existance of so small yet so heavy out of which controls everything, get the drift?:)
So you believe in the 'singularity'? That the universe came into being from a point so dense that it exploded with a mighty bang and produced all the stuff contained in the universe? Really? Ok, so let's deal with some numbers.

Now this is gonna boggle your mind! You've been warned!

So, how big is the universe? BIG! REALLY BIG!

The Universe is so huge in fact that we’ll have to play around with scales so one can get a better idea.

According to the standard inflationary model of cosmology, the visible portion of our universe, the one mapped by our telescopes is an infinitesimally small speck in a much larger universe of at least 10 to the power 35 light-years across!
Admittedly this number is really, really big, and almost impossible to imagine. So lets shrink everything down, WAY down, just so we can get a better grasp of it. Let's imagine that the entire universe that we have seen in all the worlds telescopes, all the galaxies, all trillion of them, extending out 13 billion light years in every direction is shrunk down to the size of a golf ball.

If we do a volume calculation, the actual universe contains 10 to the power 60 of those golf balls! Wow, I guess we didn't shrink things down far enough, but this will have to do. So how big a volume would 10 to the power 60 golf balls fill up? Try a sphere 850 light years across! So imagine a mass of golf balls that big, and each one of those golf balls contains all the stars and galaxies that we can see through our telescopes!!

Now let’s try it with speed. Ready? Imagine traveling so fast that you can go from on end of the galaxy to the other in just one second. At this speed the entire galaxy would be in reach before you can say the word "go", and wham, you're there. At this speed, you could travel to the nearest galaxy Andromeda in 22 seconds flat. And you could cross from end of the visible universe to the other in 72 hours.

So, lets speed up our warp vehicles again, so that we can travel a quintillion light years every second. At such a speed we could cross the known universe 100 million times in one second.

So then, how long would it take to cross from one side of the actual universe to the other at this speed?

3.7 billion years!!!
And they contend that all this came out of a 'singularity' - a point in space that exploded with a really Big Bang!

Huh? Seriously?

Probably we may never understand what the universe is and how it was created until we break free from our present three dimensional thought processes. A Type 0.2 civilization such as ours may take thousands of years more till we graduate to higher planes of existence - to a Type III civilization and beyond to understand WTF is really going on - Because one needs to include scores of other dimensions, parallel universes and multiverses into the equations too!! And we're not ready for it at the present juncture as it's way way beyond our comprehension.

....Now where the fook did I leave my beer???? :undecided:

Kind of...:)

OrionHunter said:
Probably we may never understand what the universe is and how it was created until we break free from our present three dimensional thought processes. A Type 0.2 civilization such as ours may take thousands of years more till we graduate to higher planes of existence - to a Type III civilization and beyond to understand WTF is really going on - Because one needs to include scores of other dimensions, parallel universes and multiverses into the equations too!! And we're not ready for it at the present juncture as it's way way beyond our comprehension.
yes.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif

I knew it....i knew you would hit back before dozing off....:lazy2:
you really hate the big bang theory dont you???

....Now where the fook did I leave my beer????

very well put. but help me with this...if I start with nuclear fusion, by splitting one atom into sub atoms, do you think singularity exists there? just by explaining how the single atom came into picture? just by curiosity?

@OrionHunter @Dash do not throw bouncers ..sala sab kuch sir ke uppar se ja raha hai:sarcastic:

Look at brighter side.. Indian mythology had defined it very well that the universe is so big... when it was created Bramha tried to find the end/ start but even after travelling thousands of yrs he could not map it completely.

Lot of Indian sages had declared that there are more dimensions than currently defined by physics.If people know how to use other dimensions travelling from one point to other will be fast and and almost instantaneous.

Heck..what am i writing.... it is hard to comprehend!! enjoy the thought of watching picture of hole ...errr black hole.

@OrionHunter @Dash do not throw bouncers ..sala sab kuch sir ke uppar se ja raha hai:sarcastic:

Look at brighter side.. Indian mythology had defined it very well that the universe is so big... when it was created Bramha tried to find the end/ start but even after travelling thousands of yrs he could not map it completely.

Lot of Indian sages had declared that there are more dimensions than currently defined by physics.If people know how to use other dimensions travelling from one point to other will be fast and and almost instantaneous.

Heck..what am i writing.... it is hard to comprehend!! enjoy the thought of watching picture of hole ...errr black hole.

bro. There are 2 worlds in picture today, one physical and one beyond relational..ever wondered? why your life is physically limited and your heart and mind are not? they can go to infinity!!!!!!!

what is that? singularity? my question is simple, there is limit and there is limitless!!, nature created both!, so whats the fuss!!? its just one end and another beginning..!

bro. There are 2 worlds in picture today, one physical and one beyond relational..ever wondered? why your life is physically limited and your heart and mind are not? they can go to infinity!!!!!!!!

Good one...
Correct me if i am wrong but Singularity is brought forth by your horizon of perceptions. It’s like when you look at the horizon and you walk towards it, the horizon moves because the horizon is not a place... it’s a relationship between your perceptual structural system and your location. And so there is always a Singularity in the physical world.

Good one...
Correct me if i am wrong but Singularity is brought forth by your horizon of perceptions. It’s like when you look at the horizon and you walk towards it, the horizon moves because the horizon is not a place... it’s a relationship between your perceptual structural system and your location. And so there is always a Singularity in the physical world.

Simply because its restricted by your vision of the horizon.

and as for the red part, I completely agree, for a drop the ocean is infinity, for a thought, its application is infinity and for a soul, something science cant define, realization is infinity.

I am not a scientist sis, but I am trying to find an answer based on tangible evidences to find something intangible..

may sound idiotic but there is a reason why, questions were planted in human heart, called as curiosity if we always had to find things based at numbers. Our brother Orionhunter is not wrong at all. but there are things you cant prove factually but they do exist.

Back
Top Bottom