What's new

19 martyred as Pakistan Army Plane crashes into residential area near Rawalpindi

Bad performance by pilot.He should have avoided residential area as far as possible.R.I.P.Is it c130 trainer as most of times c130 fly in Islamabad and rawalpindi skies

Why would you make such irresponsible statement? Bad performance ? It’s a crash and obviously the pilot must have tried his best. Can you think before you type ?

RIP. Military airbases should be well away from built up areas. Chaklala Airbase was set up by RAF during British era and it was well away from the contonment but since then urban sprawl has spread out. Today it makes absolutely no sense in having airbase there. That land is valuable estate worth billions. It is ideal for housing. It should be redeveloped as low/medium end housing estate under the Naya Pakistan project. The military should then relocate further into the countryside of the Potohar. Same should apply to Nur Khan airbase.

Only in Pakistan do we see this absurd use of land in urban areas for military. In UK despite being a smaller country the military is based well away from expensive urban areas. Mostly it has bases on the land that is not even suitable for farming etc.

Sir Chaklala Airbase and Nur Khan Airbase is same. NurKhan Airbase is new name of Chaklala

I hope its not reconnaissance aircraft. RIP for the fallens
It is

Innalillah....
Hopefully it was not KingAir ISR aircraft.
Some reports said it is

Rip. Most of the casualties happened on ground. Atleast 7 houses destroyed killing in 12 civilians so far.

Sir Chaklala Airbase and Nur Khan Airbase is same. NurKhan Airbase is new name of Chaklala
Many thanks for the correction. I mixed up Nur Khan [Chaklala] with Dhamial Army Airbase also in Rawalpindi. I suspect that plane was from Dhamial. Both air bases are now fully surrounded by urban housing.

Nur Khan [Chaklala]
As I have used this airport on every visit to Pakistan in my mind it is Islamabad Airport. Of course now that airport is closed and shifted to the new location.

Although last time I was there I clearly saw PAF C-130 transports parked on the hard stand.

It is

Some reports said it is

That is a serious loss. This is a very sophisticated intelligence gathering asset.
Along with 2 x Lt Cols and 3 jawans. And innocent civilians on the ground.

May Allah have mercy on all. Innalillah

Any location in terms of area?
The only training plane with seating for five and a dual engine turboprop is a cessna 421. It could also be a single seater and then its the caravan.

Check flight radar history

plane_4907496_835x547-m.jpg

Any location in terms of area?
The only training plane with seating for five and a dual engine turboprop is a cessna 421. It could also be a single seater and then its the caravan.

Check flight radar history

Sir G, area said to be near Bahria Town Phase-7. Aircraft KingAir tail number 766. Some members in thread mentioned that it was a very sophisticated intelligence gathering asset but not confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom