What's new

18 top bureacrats married to foreigners!!

RAPTOR

Reaction score
PAK Homeland security risk or mail order sex slaves?? RAW agents?

18 top bureaucrats are married to foreigners

By Rauf Klasra

ISLAMABAD: As many as 18 top bureaucrats, including a woman, were married to foreigners, disclosed Federal Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Dr Sher Afgan Khan Niazi in the National Assembly here on Thursday.

Thirteen of them were of Indian origin, while the remaining were Bangladeshis, the minister said. Earlier, MNAs debated the issue of marriage of foreign men with Pakistani women. They claimed the Citizenship Act of Pakistan discriminates against Pakistani women married to foreign men. The MPs claimed under the Constitution, every citizen, irrespective of sex, is equal in the eyes of law. According to them, the Citizenship Act permits nationality to only foreign women marrying Pakistani men. “It does not allow nationality to foreign men marrying Pakistani women,” the MPs regretted.

Aitzaz Ahsan told the House the Benazir Bhutto government had approved a policy to give equal rights to women by invoking the Clause 2 of Article 25 after cases of similar nature were brought before him when he was interior minister.

Upon this, Dr Sher Afgan Khan Niazi told the House that a constitutional amendment is needed to give Pakistani women right to enable their foreign husbands get the nationality of Pakistan. Mehnaz Rafi said the lawmakers, who were supporting equal rights for women, had actually played an important role in the National Assembly Committee on Interior in getting rejected a private members bill seeking equal treatment to women marrying foreign men. MNA Kanwar Khalid Younis had introduced the bill. Minister of State for Interior Zafar Warraich said the private members bill was rejected by the committee with consensus.

Online adds: Following is the list of bureaucrats in BS-17 and above, who were married to foreign nationals: Umer Khan of the Export Promotion Bureau; Local Government and Rural Development Secretary Muhammad Humayun Farshori,; Muhammad Idrees, Research Officer at the Ministry of Kashmir Affairs; Jawed Manzoor, Assistant Divisional Engineer in T&T; Asif Marghoob Siddique of the Customs and Excise; Ruhail Mohammad Baloch, Additional Secretary at the Finance Department of Government of Balochistan, Saleem Ullah Khan, DIG Mirpurkhas (Sindh); Dr Ehsan Akhtar, Senior Scientific Officer at the Pakistan Agriculture and Research Council; Mahmood Alam Mahsud of the Auditor-General of Pakistan (Lahore); Javed Akhtar, Press Secretary to the Prime Minister; Ghulam Mahmood Dogar, SP Quetta; Simon Mumtaz, Manager in the Pakistan Postal Service Cooperation; Azhar Saeed Malik, Section Officer in the United Nations Development Projects; Captain (retd) Muhammad Shoaib, District Office, FC; Sania Riffat, PIFRA Director in Lahore; Abdul Majeed, Associate Surgeon at the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre; Fazal Dad Kakar, Assistant Director at the Department of Archaeology, Islamabad; and Ikramullah Khan, Associate Surgeon at the Federal Government Services Hospital, Islamabad.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/top_story_detail.asp?Id=2683

So many Pakistanis have relatives in India and Bangladesh, they marry off all the time...

It's no cause for concern...

IIRC the second largest ethnic group in Pakistan, the Muhajirs are Indian origin. That does not mean they are agents of India, they are infact those individuals that have rejected their Indianness and declared a desire to become Pakistanis.

Of course, the naturalization process should make an attempt to dig up facts and ensure that the potential Pakistanis are who they say they are and are eligible for nationality.

But if nothing's found wrong, it'd be wrong to declare someone guilty until proven innocent.

So many Pakistanis have relatives in India and Bangladesh, they marry off all the time...

It's no cause for concern...

IIRC the second largest ethnic group in Pakistan, the Muhajirs are Indian origin. That does not mean they are agents of India, they are infact those individuals that have rejected their Indianness and declared a desire to become Pakistanis.

Of course, the naturalization process should make an attempt to dig up facts and ensure that the potential Pakistanis are who they say they are and are eligible for nationality.

But if nothing's found wrong, it'd be wrong to declare someone guilty until proven innocent.

I agree with that, there are a lot of good law abiding indians who travel to Pakistan and get married and what not. There is nothing wrong with that...just like a lot of Pakistani actors and actresses who are in high demand in india for being better looking and fair skinned compared to the locals.

BUT...when 13 of the top Bureacrats are all married to indian nationals....there is something fishy about it and should be checked into in a civilized and respectful manner. They could very well be innocent but theres always that 1% chance......

I am pakistani and most of my parents family is in india. i think these marriages are not very common know because i dont even know any family in india my mother does but i dont i think this phenomenon will slowly go away.

While we are on the topic of foreigners infiltrating Pakistan lets discuss the moderately enlightened ex-general with an Indian wife, can we? Yeah why do her parents still live in India? Oh wait there is no point doing that now because he left and everyone was really quiet about that for eight years while he drove Pakistan close to destruction. :hitwall:

BUT...when 13 of the top Bureacrats are all married to indian nationals

One imagines that there more than 13 or 20 top bureaucrats in Pakistan - the instrusion of the state in choices free mature persons make as to whom they wish to share their life with is no business of the state, Pakistani or any other. We are a free peoples, not some police state.:pakistan:

Dont think one should put boundries on love and marriage. I have been happily married for 36 years and IMO a good home life is important for one to concentrate on whatever job one is supposed to do outside home.

Does the post imply that the beaurcrats married to foreigners ( actually Indians and Bangla Deshis) are in some way compromizing Pakistan's security?

What about BB's mother. ZAB's second wife Nusrat Bhutto is of Iranian origin.

Let us not get carried away with xenophobia.

Back
Top Bottom