What's new

17 Unique Barbecue Dishes That You Have To Try At Least Once!

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
17 Unique Barbecue Dishes That You Have To Try At Least Once!

When you think about food and food in Pakistan, you automatically think Barbecue! There is nothing like cooking chicken, beef, mutton or lamb on a flaming hot grill, all the while flagging it furiously to ensure that the flaming coal keeps on flamin’. Spices galore, these dishes will make your taste buds tingle and maybe even turn you into a fire breather! Just talking about it has got juices flowing in my mouth, I think I’ll take a trip down to Do Darya now!

1. MALAI BOTI

malai-boti-320x212.jpg

2. LAMB CHOPS (CHAANP)

The marination on these things is art! Eating it is also an art! You gotta try it, but be ready for a battle your teeth won’t soon forget!

3. SEEKH KEBAB

A favorite amongst us Pakistanis, the Seekh Kebab (Beef) is best enjoyed at almost any given time of the day! No Wedding Feast is complete without a steaming pile of Seekh Kebabs!

4. GRILLED POMFRET

For fish lovers, this BBQ delight is a experience! Not many have tried this delicious fish and not felt like they needed more!

5. BARBECUED CORN WITH LEMON

Forget meat for a while. BBQ corn is something that every Pakistani has eaten at one time or the other. Smear it with red chili powder, lemon and some salt… you’ll be left licking your lips afterwards.

6. BEHARI KEBAB

Another favorite that just whets the appetite and leaves you wanting more, the mince meat Behari Kebabs are as mouthwatering as they come.

7. RESHMI KEBAB

For the chicken lovers out there, for the people out there that can’t handle them spices, we got the Reshmi Kebabs in the house! There is a reason they are called Reshmi, tender as silk and tastes like clouds in your mouth.

8. LAHORI CHARGHA

The Chargha is a chicken grilled whole and well, there is nothing quite like it. Seasoned with some of the finest spices in the Land, the Chargha is served best with some lemon and chaat masala on the side.

9. CHICKEN LIVER

This one is not for everybody. But if you have it in you, you got to try some barbecued Chicken Liver. The spongy, juicy little things, marinated to perfection, are what makes Pakistani BBQ what it is!

10. GOLA KEBAB

The Gola Kebab is not like any other Kebab on the list. What’s more, Gola kebabs tend to have different appearances depending on where you get them from. In any case, the Golas are not to be missed.

11. MUTTON RIBS

The Ribs are a favorite, especially in the Bakra Eid season. Seasoned to perfection, these ribs are the juiciest, tenderest and most fun thing to eat on this list. Be ready to get your hands dirty!

12. AFGHANI KEBAB

The Afghani Kebab is a version of Kebab made famous due to the Afghan / Pathan influence. This chewy delight could very well leave you chewing away for hours just trying to get one boti down. Doesn’t mean its a bad experience at all. Actually its quite fun, like meat chewing gum!

13. FISH TIKKA

Bored of chicken, mutton and beef? Might as well try the Fish Tikka. This little spitfire of tender fish meat is surely an experience you won’t soon forget.

14. CHICKEN TIKKA

The Chiken Tikka is as common as the Biryani when it comes to Pakistani food! The fact that it is common doesn’t mean it is ordinary. It epitomizes what Pakistani BBQ is all about. If you can’t handle a Tikka (cuz it’s too spicy), I doubt you can handle any other dish on this list (other than maybe the Reshmi Kebab).

15. BRAIN MASALA

Hey…. wait a second, don’t need to lose your cool! This may not be BBQ but it HAD to be on the list. Why? Because there is no way a BBQ meal is complete unless you’re having the brains of a goat, in heavenly gravy and some naan. Mmmm…mmm yum!

16. KATA KAT

The Kata Kat is also not exactly BBQ. But it is a dish that compliments BBQ like no other. So what is it? It is the amalgamation all sorts of things found inside or outside a goat. Things like the liver, kidneys, tongue, heart and even testicles.

17. CHAPPAL KEBAB

This deep fired variation of the Beef Kebab is a favorite in the Northern Areas of Pakistan. Extremely rich and extremely big, although not BBQ, it is another favorite of the BBQ loving crowd of Pakistan!

NAN – GARLIC, ROGHNI OR CHEESE

Whatever you eat, what you need is some sort of Naan to complete the meal. What’s so impressive, is that we have extraordinary varieties of Naan to suit your taste. Take your pick, be it Roghni, Plain, Cheese, Garlic, Mint, Qeema or anything else. Nothing goes with BBQ like a hot crispy Naan…. and some Raita!

No wonder why i am gaining so much weight, other then the brain masala and kta kat i have eaten them all, but then again, they are not bbq anyway! :)
Can cook quite a few on this list actually :P

@Nilgiri @nair well i know all Pakistani friends will be here by themselves so i thought it is you guys i must tag here. :)

Thanks for the tag... just ordered my puttu and chicken kondattom.....lolz...now planning to do a surgical attack ... care to join? But beware, these surgical attacks could impact ur weight....

No wonder why i am gaining so much weight, other then the brain masala and kta kat i have eaten them all, but then again, they are not bbq anyway! :)
Can cook quite a few on this list actually :P

@Nilgiri @nair well i know all Pakistani friends will be here by themselves so i thought it is you guys i must tag here. :)

Thanks for the tag... just ordered my puttu and chicken kondattom.....lolz...now planning to do a surgical attack ... care to join? But beware, these surgical attacks could impact ur weight....
screw the dieting/weight concers!!
Surgical strikes are what is IN these days so let us get on with that :P

Enjoy the meal. :tup:
I just had some palak gosht :P

oh, and i must tag @RAMPAGE as well. :)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom