What's new

17 Indian Army soldiers killed in Uri attack

So any idea as to what type of dossier we should expect this time around?

Way better than that spiral binded book which was waved infront of media......Got it.... By the way no point in taking it further, as i am bit week in trolling... Let us stop it here and talk any thing productive (if any)

Can you spell 3 actions which you could suggest.... Let us discuss it further (i do not if i missed few posts of you inbetween)

I can only speak in generalized terms as a civilian @Joe Shearer or @hellfire perhaps can provide better targets of opportunity.

1. I am sure we have real time surveillance over at least some of the terror infrastructure in P0K, if not then RAW should be taken to task. If these camps are nearby and fixed then an army/para commando raid on these camps presents the first target.

2. If they have shifted back to not so easily reached locations after conducting these attacks then a missile strike (provided we have hard actionable intelligence and are assured of minimum civilian casualties) should be conducted.

These would ofcourse be symbolic as these camps are likely to sprout back again but symbolism plays a large part in perception management. It also creates disincentives and doubts within the enemy factions, lowers their morals and increases ours.

3. Not in this case but in case of repeat of Mumbai like terror strike leading to substantial civilian casualties - combined ops with air strikes, special forces deployments and naval action should take place. WAR in a such a scenario cannot be avoided.

Do you think the people in Army dont want to? We are a civilian led nation. Not a military led one.

No. Army does not want to. It is primarily a political issue. Have the politicians worked to settle Kashmir till date? let us not get into what army wants or not.

War might not be a solution, whilst Army might to do changing operations requirement during change of commands. But the terrorists have come with perfect intel. I dont care. Either I want open bombing of occupied Kashmir training apparatus or tit for tat inside Pakistan. I know like most of the soldiers in IA, the soldiers in PA are humans too. Soldiers as well.

But we cannot allowed to be bled, innocents killed for the military leadership of Pakistan. Pay back in same coin.

We have been bleeding ....

What revenge? Covert ops in Pakistan? Overt operation, with all spectrums of the Indian military involved. Sanctions? The closure of transport routes, withdrawal of diplomatic missions?
wait Ghani wants indian trade access via Afghan transit route
how that will work

as for teaching us the lesson. what was that Monkey Yadev doing it Balochsitan? teaching prehistoric vegetarian dishes to BLA ? we can expect firing at LoC and working boundary for sure and we will retaliate too

There is a difference between us (including those politicians and parties out of power) and a government...... They do not work to satisfy our egos..... They work to keep us safe, or make the damage as low as possible...... Modi govt is not different..... only thing that He has been portrayed by his 56 inch "chathi" by his supporters..... Otherwise he is a PM lust like any other guy in office.....

The way Pakistani members celebrate makes me boil. I know the ground realities will be much different than our egos and expectations. That's why I told before There is a reason they are leaders, and its their responsibility to look well into a future while taking decision which i wholeheartedly accept irrespective whether they are UPA or NDA.

nsider - Kashmiri porter/defence civilian employee, truck driver, owner, relative ... that is what I mean by civil.

I was not hinting at defence guys.... What i meant with that was the communication.....If there was an inside help, there would have been enough communication between this guy and the handlers..... That should have triggered the guys if they had any clue.....

I can only speak in generalized terms as a civilian @Joe Shearer or @hellfire perhaps can provide better targets of opportunity.

1. I am sure we have real time surveillance over at least some of the terror infrastructure in P0K, if not then RAW should be taken to task. If these camps are nearby and fixed then an army/para commando raid on these camps presents the first target.

I dont think there are any camps inside Pakistani Kashmir. and by the way Muridkay is not in Kashmir but in Punjab that is ruled by an India friendly sherif family

goo figure

Whole Kashmir is Atoot Aang of India, we will have pakistan occupied kashmir sooner than later. India has no interest in merging independent countries like Baluchistan, Sindh, pakhtoon etc. in India. We will have good relations with them like we have with former east pakistan aka Bangladesh :tup:

Aroof aang lol.

They've been showing you middle finger since decades.

I think limited strike in P0K is warranted - Yes we will loose political capital and may be some investors will put out too.

In the long run though it establishes red lines and precedents. I am no fan of aggressive military posturing but then if we don't establish costs then it our lack of action acts like a positive incentive for other sides to keep pushing. However if they meet a brick wall - may be they will stop? Either way we don't know until we try it.

I agree with @Abingdonboy here - any response has to be documented in public domain - unsanctioned ops are unlikely to have the same effect and in absence of Indian ownership can be spun away by the other side to keep up the moral.

Please think for a moment what you are asking for.

You are asking the Indian Army to say in public that it has violated an international boundary and committed acts of violence, perhaps including murder, when there has been no such action by the Pakistan Army itself - by agents and proxies, perhaps, but not by the Army direct. Even in cases of ambushes of IA soldiers on our own side of the LOC, there is seldom, if ever, overt evidence that it was action by the other side's Army.

And all this to raise morale? Whose morale? The morale of those who made the terrible mistake of imagining that the posturing and bragging of some desperate for power politicians for the real thing? Or is it Arnab Goswami's morale? Perhaps that of G. D. Bakshi? As far as the IA is concerned, the morale of IA soldiers will recover in remarkably quick time.

The way Pakistani members celebrate makes me boil. I know the ground realities will be much different than our egos and expectations. That's why I told before There is a reason they are leaders, and its their responsibility to look well into a future while taking decision which i wholeheartedly accept irrespective whether they are UPA or NDA.

Well it doesnt matter.... there are 2 aspects to it..... 1) They assume that IA as occupaitonal forces and they think that it is fine to be killed 2) there are others who supports terrorism against India and feel happy about any attack.... Should not worry you....... There are indians who also does the same (you may not find them in this forum )

Well what makes you think that the leaders are not taking action?? Read the posts of @Joe Shearer @hellfire how these thing are treated....... You know @Spectre has mentioned how the local commanders are upset because of micro management from Delhi.... These issues are handled at local level and will be dealt strongly.... .We may not come to know about it.... But those who are responsible will surely get the message loud and clear....

yar lala G.. Modi considers Nawaz Sherif as his asset
and Nawa Sherif is sheltering the guys in Muredkay and south Punjab as his political muscle .. he wont allow rnagers operation against them in Punjab.. I dont know how this will work

Nawaz is not the asset for Modi. Nawaz is asset for Nawaz and he is right now trying to save his hide from being skinned and pinned in GHQ's officer's mess ante room.

It is even a US move and even Indian move to separate the PA from GoP in all dealings. Until and unless the democracy in Pakistan is strengthened, there is very less likelihood of peace between the two nations. I have no doubts about that.

The military has had far too prominent role in politics in Pakistan ... their raison d'etre goes if they allow civil domination of the political scenario to reach a peace with India, it is a brutal fact.

What stops PA from strengthening the democratic institutions and separating itself from the role of governance if it was genuinely keen on separating itself?

it was a sad incident, human lives were lost. However if this post attack efficiency of Indian intelligence that have uncovered Pakistan's hand behinde in 24 hours or less have been present before the attack, this could have been prevented. Or perhaps it is easier to balme it in someone else rather than admitting to the actual reasons and understanding the situation.

Back
Top Bottom