What's new

17 Indian Army soldiers killed in Uri attack

I am afraid that is rather untidy speculation.

Perhaps you misunderstood my point? I was saying that all I have is after drinks bickering from retired servicemen complaining about shackles put on them by the clueless bureaucrats and politicians.

Just a little word to our Indian posters, I see posts referring to soft action, cowardice and so on. But what actions would satisfy you? Do you want a military response?

I don't know who said 'soft action' and 'cowardice' and so on, but I wish they hadn't. Our military isn't Rambo; it isn't an isolated entity free to do whatever excess of testosterone in the blood dictates. What the IA has done consistently, without talking about it, is to retaliate in a very specific, very sharply focussed manner.

That is all that ought to be done; more can be done, but that might lead to an unstabilised situation beyond anybody's control. Nobody wants that.

Perhaps you misunderstood my point? I was saying that all I have is after drinks bickering from retired servicemen complaining about shackles put on them by the clueless bureaucrats and politicians.

I do not know of such shackles. Talking costs these retired fire-eaters nothing, especially when you no longer have to account for your talk.

I do not know of such shackles. Talking costs these retired fire-eaters nothing, especially when you no longer have to account for your talk.

I agree. As i said - i don't have any first hand experience of inner workings of our defense and security set up. So I tend to take what I hear at face value.

Just a little word to our Indian posters, I see posts referring to soft action, cowardice and so on. But what actions would satisfy you? Do you want a military response?

That shall be foolish, nay dangerous.

Possible but dangerous.

What revenge? Covert ops in Pakistan? Overt operation, with all spectrums of the Indian military involved. Sanctions? The closure of transport routes, withdrawal of diplomatic missions?

Why bother with indian chest thumping? Realistically can they direct anything soft or hard ? Doubt that; cost is so prohibitive that its not worth it. Indians can not handle the TRUTH - it s india that occupying Kashmir and indian occupation has its cost.

http://www.firstpost.com/india/uri-...-strike-keep-media-jingoists-out-3009714.html

As provocations go, this is as big as it can get. The attack on the infantry battalion at Uri in Baramulla district, which claimed lives of 17 soldiers, stands out for its brazenness and in-your-face quality. “Yes, we have done it. We will do it again, and again. What can you do?” This, clearly, is the question and statement as well, from the perpetrators to the Indian authorities. Now, it’s for the government to respond. If the response is not adequate and proportionate to the damage caused, then it could end up with egg on its face.

@scorpionx @hellfire @Joe Shearer @Levina @Abingdonboy

We will never know.
India is at the verge of being inducted to some elite groups, it won't take the risk of any direct confrontation.
If at all there's a covert op we won't come to know about it for next few years.
I just wish carpet bombing the training camps was a possibility.
Now that JeM has activated its sleeper cells,our soldiers have to be more alert.

What revenge? Covert ops in Pakistan? Overt operation, with all spectrums of the Indian military involved. Sanctions? The closure of transport routes, withdrawal of diplomatic missions?

Bombings of terrorists camps in Occupied Kashmir. In India its very tough even to get a pistol. Automatic rifles are out of equation. The way Pakistan churned out Kargil and lied about its own soldiers have given India and Indians enough reasons not to trust the security apparatus propaganda in your nation.

Its a simple case of cross border terrorism. The people involved might be Pak nationals or Kashmiris themselves. But weapon and training? If Pakistani forces are incapable of stopping terror training camps on their side of control, then India should try to do it. If Bombing of camps is war, then war will we support.

What Sanctions? Who will sanction us? US might do it for 1 year at best. That's it.

Back
Top Bottom