What's new

$15 billion Saudi bailout likely

I don't know if Pakistan should accept the money, what are the conditions? Some members mentioned forgoing the pipeline...

So then $15 billion is the price set for Pakistan's soul.. or perhaps destruction?
A more Anti-Iran rhetoric.. More wahabbism.. more sectarianism.. more rich-poor divisions.

When the solution lies in getting more tax out.. why beg to the Saudis unless you realize you too are part of that bad debt and decide you'd rather not pay up and just let the problem be.

How long Pakistan will live on bail out from other counties. Should put some serious thought on economy.............

I dont know if they could stop the IP pipeline... when its already under construction on the Pakistani side... wouldnt Iran be able to sue us?

Unfortunately, the construction has still not yet started on the Pakistani side. That's nearly two-and-half months after the pipeline was inaugurated on March 11, 2013.

Tadbir Energy is supposed to start construction but our side has yet to release the funds, while both sides have still more than around 10% of the contract left to complete/sign. Next meeting in regards to this will be held around mid-June 2013 Insha'Allah. Allahu Alam.

If you can find any news on the "construction has started" bit of the news, please share it with us as many here are waiting for this news.

I think KSA should always look after the Pakistani people more than the Government themselves.

There are many Saudis who support Pakistan unconditionally ^ ^

Pakistan reserve the right to accept or reject whatever offer comes to their doorsteps.

Unfortunately, I think KSA has helped Pakistan too much. Pakistan is becoming too reliant on foreign nations. I think KSA should take the British position. If Pakistan doesn't reform it's tax laws and lets the rich not pay any taxes, KSA should stop it's support.

I do thank the KSA gov for bailing out Pakistan, but there should be strict conditions that help Pakistan in the long run, for this bail out.

@Yzd Khalifa

We both know who's interests Nawaz Sharif has been brought to serve. IPP is a lifeline for Pakistani industries,which are facing 20 hours loadshedding in 48 degree tempratures...all year long with no end in sights.

Last edited by a moderator:
So then $15 billion is the price set for Pakistan's soul.. or perhaps destruction?
A more Anti-Iran rhetoric.. More wahabbism.. more sectarianism.. more rich-poor divisions.

When the solution lies in getting more tax out.. why beg to the Saudis unless you realize you too are part of that bad debt and decide you'd rather not pay up and just let the problem be.

You're being to overly dramatic and over thinking things.

Pakistan needs help with it's economy, it has little choice but to accept whatever help it can get. Don't add a third angle to this, when the third angle here doesn't exist. Saudi Arabia needs a reliable partner to help with it's internal security and keep regional players in check, and Pakistan needs economic help. Remember, it's not just Iran that Saudi Arabia was concerned about, but the UAE as well, which is an Arab federation. It only makes sense for the two sides to offer what they have, in exchange for the other's services. It's good old bartering system, can't go wrong with that.

@Yzd Khalifa

We both know who's interests Nawaz Sharif has been brought to serve. IPP is a lifeline for Pakistani industries,which are facing 20 hours loadshedding in 48 degree tempratures...all year long with no end in sights.

If you bothered to read the article, then you'd know that this won't affect the pipeline much. Both Pakistan and Iran have put too much into it to back out now. Nawaz Sharif can't go back on the pipeline, unless he wants to commit political-suicide.

The most this can do is help Pakistan renegotiate gas prices with Iran.

Pakistan is the only country who lets outer elements to interfere/access her foreign policy.I was astonished to see that first of all United States Of America had serious issues with Pakistan's contract with Iran for Gas pipeline project.
Now coming to current allegations and assumptions by our fellow dear members is really something to worry about.
Gas pipeline Project is very important for Pakistan and if this project is delayed by Mr.Shareef then it will not only effect on Pakistan's image but on Pakistan-Iran's relationship as well..
I am not expecting that Mr. Sharif will repeat same mistakes as of Mr.Zardari's regime in past years.
I am expecting army's interference in case of disturbance created by Mr.Sharif.:blink:

@Yzd Khalifa

Why are we discussing pipeline? Asif Ali Zardari and Yousaf Reza Gillani were in-charge of Pakistan.. they had all the time and resources to build it, but they did nothing other than collecting surcharge on utility bills, in the name of pipeline.

I urge Pakistanis to demand audit of surcharge they paid on their gas bills and still no pipeline is in the sight!

We Pakistanis do not even know the details of the contract... and as i have stated if iran was serious it can ship gas on vessels as it smuggle petrol to Pakistan.

Why are we discussing pipeline? Asif Ali Zardari and Yousaf Reza Gillani were in-charge of Pakistan.. they had all the time and resources to build it, but they did nothing other than collecting surcharge on utility bills, in the name of pipeline.

I urge Pakistanis to demand audit of surcharge they paid on their gas bills and still no pipeline is in the sight!

We Pakistanis do not even know the details of the contract... and as i have stated if iran was serious it can ship gas on vessels as it smuggle petrol to Pakistan.

Well said.. even though I remember Mr. Nejad's complain against Pakistani authorities for careless attitude and nil progress.:hitwall:

You're being to overly dramatic and over thinking things.

Pakistan needs help with it's economy, it has little choice but to accept whatever help it can get. Don't add a third angle to this, when the third angle here doesn't exist. Saudi Arabia needs a reliable partner to help with it's internal security and keep regional players in check, and Pakistan needs economic help. Remember, it's not just Iran that Saudi Arabia was concerned about, but the UAE as well, which is an Arab federation. It only makes sense for the two sides to offer what they have, in exchange for the other's services. It's good old bartering system, can't go wrong with that.

If you bothered to read the article, then you'd know that this won't affect the pipeline much. Both Pakistan and Iran have put too much into it to back out now. Nawaz Sharif can't go back on the pipeline, unless he wants to commit political-suicide.

The most this can do is help Pakistan renegotiate gas prices with Iran.

I agree..it is a contract,not a lollipop that can be snatched by any country.

Back
Top Bottom