144 Die of Starvation in Syrian Refugee Camp

Hakan

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
At least 144 die of starvation in Syrian refugee camp

yarmouk2.jpg

Rami Al-Sayed, a local activist, told the Anadolu Agency that it has been two weeks since the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East has been able to distribute food and assistance inside the camp.

ISTANBUL

At least 144 people have starved to death at the Yarmouk refugee camp in the Syrian capital of Damascus, activists have said.

Rami Al-Sayed, a local activist, told the Anadolu Agency that it has been two weeks since the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East has been able to distribute food and assistance inside the camp.

"Conditions in the Yarmouk camp are starting to get worse again," he said, adding that the number of deaths from starvation has risen by 16 from the 128 deaths reported last month as the recent escalation in fighting in Syria's civil war has prevented delivery of food and medical supplies.

The three-year conflict in Syria has internally displaced more than 6.5 million people, according to the UN, and more than two million Syrians are now registered as refugees in neighboring countries, including Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq.

At least 144 die of starvation in Syrian refugee camp | Middle East | Worldbulletin News
At least 144 die of starvation in Syrian refugee camp Anadolu Agency

The only short way to end this is to attack Bashar Al-Assad as soon as possible. It should be countries that doing it.......We don't have to rely on USA to win the war, Muslim countries can do it in a short time if they are united ( we don't need Iran and Hisbullah though)...

This is sad, if Bashar really cared about Syrians he would have stepped down long before it got this out of hand. Nearly 10 million total refugees, this will end with Bashar hanging from a pole in Damascus.

This is sad, if Bashar really cared about Syrians he would have stepped down long before it got this out of hand. Nearly 10 million total refugees, this will end with Bashar hanging from a pole in Damascus.

The condition that will create peace negotiation between Assad regime and FSA can only be made by a good sniper, this man should be awarded a Nobel prize for peace criteria once he succeeded doing it.

The condition that will create peace negotiation between Assad regime and FSA can only be made by a good sniper, this man should be awarded a Nobel prize for peace criteria once he succeeded doing it.

He won't hang in there forever.

Now his FM is dying at the hospital, and soon Assad will.

Sad and sad .

People in government controlled cities don't have any of these problems and live their lives like anywhere else .

You're too angry my friend .

See the other side of the coin that none of the Syrians that stood in their homes and didn't use weapon to destroy their country have such problem .

As an example , Take a look at Suwayda province .

p.s. I don't support whatever was/is done by the government .

Sad and sad .
People in government controlled cities don't have any of these problems and live their lives like anywhere else .
True, the opposition has failed to provide a meaningful alternative to the Syrian government. However, only the Kurds have been successful and the ISIS to a lesser extent, but that may change in the future.

You're too angry my friend .

See the other side of the coin that none of the Syrians that stood in their homes and didn't use weapon to destroy their country have such problem .

As an example , Take a look at Suwayda province .

p.s. I don't support whatever was/is done by the government .

The best remedy of solving it is to bring democracy in the first place,but sadly Assad and his inner circle didn't give it, and then angry people in Syria start to revolt. I feel what happened during Soeharto era (1998), the different between my country and Syria is that the inner circle of Soeharto acknowledged the people pressure and then started to leave him, thats why university students can camp in our parliament building since the parliament allowed it. Many ministers was resigning, and this condition pressured Soeharto to resign. But, what happened in Syria ? The inner circle just strengthen Bashar position. I feel that those people who can prevent it to happen as like a non-human at all, so egoistic people. Thats where my hate comes from.

Talking about our history during our people power, actually it was a more like intellectual and middle class revolt than mass revolt during 1997-1998, more profound demonstration were seen in Egypt and Syria than in Indonesia during 1997-1998 since in Indonesia was more like campus demonstration only.

The best remedy of solving it is to bring democracy in the first place,but sadly Assad and his inner circle didn't give it, and then angry people in Syria start to revolt. I feel what happened during Soeharto era (1998), the different between my country and Syria is that the inner circle of Soeharto acknowledged the people pressure and then started to leave him, thats why university students can camp in our parliament building since the parliament allowed it. Many ministers was resigning, and this condition pressured Soeharto to resign. But, what happened in Syria ? The inner circle just strengthen Bashar position. I feel that those people who can prevent it to happen as like a non-human at all, so egoistic people. Thats where my hate comes from.

Talking about our history during our people power, actually it was a more like intellectual and middle class revolt than mass revolt during 1997-1998, more profound demonstration were seen in Egypt and Syria than in Indonesia during 1997-1998 since in Indonesia was more like campus demonstration only.

Is Assad against the election ?

What happened in Syria was a revolution in first days but became a regional war after a couple of weeks and didn't let anyone to find the solution .

The same thing happened in all the Arabian states in region such as Saudi Arabia , Bahrain , Jordan , Yemen ,Tunisia and so on but in none of them we saw such violence and the reason is clear . Because those pro democracy protests in mentioned states were against the west and it's allies interests and was shown negatively in media but in Syria the story was different as you know .

An election would be in favor of Bashar and west will not let it happen cos Baa'th and the other major party in Syria are not religious but nationalists and have Sunnis support as well while all we see in the opposition are divided armed groups that usually kill each other over food , weapon and territory and a FSA that is just a name with no power .

At least 144 die of starvation in Syrian refugee camp

yarmouk2.jpg

ISTANBUL

At least 144 people have starved to death at the Yarmouk refugee camp in the Syrian capital of Damascus, activists have said.

"Conditions in the Yarmouk camp are starting to get worse again," he said, adding that the number of deaths from starvation has risen by 16 from the 128 deaths reported last month as the recent escalation in fighting in Syria's civil war has prevented delivery of food and medical supplies.

The three-year conflict in Syria has internally displaced more than 6.5 million people, according to the UN, and more than two million Syrians are now registered as refugees in neighboring countries, including Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq.

At least 144 die of starvation in Syrian refugee camp | Middle East | Worldbulletin News
At least 144 die of starvation in Syrian refugee camp Anadolu Agency

Muslim countries should be providing Syrian and Palestine people Food, Medical, Clothing and Shelter supplies and ask the Whole NATO to supply their old 60s,70s and 80s weapons to them to survive a battle.

To those terrorists supporters, here is a Palestinian minister saying that the terrorists F$A are the ones blocking and killing Palestinians in the camp... now you all need to wake and know the truth, you can blame Bashar Alasad for 100 years, the truth is the F$A terrorists are the ones killing and destroying the country...

Back
Top Bottom