What's new

14 FC Troops Killed in Terrorist Attack

If Pakistan was 'using the machinery of the US', there would have been significantly more drone strikes on the TTP and BLA/BLF (oh wait, their leader was living smack dab in the middle of Kabul, so that would have meant bombing Kabul).

SAM's are not like assault rifles - their presence in the BLA/BLF armory certainly suggests support from a foreign entity, and even India would not be stupid enough to escalate to that level. The only nations willing to do this and able to get away with doing this are the US/US allies in Afghanistan.

Well,It's an opinion that US forces hold and not my personal one.

I still fail to grasp what the bigger question is in your perception.What exactly is your grand unification theory?Why would US forces or allies deliberately seek the deterioration of Pakistan's security environment? Much obliged if you could lay it down minus the bells and whistles...

We need to confront the foreign governments that are meddling in Pakistan's western regions
An open statement naming them is the first step and that will cause them to back off or be more cautious in their meddling
Like we know that Barhandagh Bugti is sitting in Switzerland , before that he was in Afghanistan and ISAF/US facilitated him in moving out to Switzerland .. Karazi admitted to hosting him in Afghanistan on record

Barhandagh Bugti is happliy living in Switzerland , here is is interview on Swiss Television!
( He seems to have shaved off his beard )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqYWclElhzM

If the Europeans too are involved, then there are many ways to re-pay them in the same coin
The Basque region in Spain and France have ETA, the Northern regions of Italy have tendency to see themselves separate from southern regions , the un-resolved issue of Northern Ireland , the Catholic-Protestant-EasternChurch issues and perhaps others also
I mean if these Euros are involved ( Switzerland is it seems ) then we may have to turn the screws on them in same way.
Similarly we should help form Mexican militias in the US border region between US and Mexico just like they are doing , its in the open that Mullah Fazlullah is being sheltered in Kunar with full knowledge of NATO/US authorities
All these ****** khiraji fasadi terrorists , at a time when Pakistan has taken up some stance against the US are busy doing more damage to Pakistan then what doubt can there be that these dogs , ye kuttay kay bacay harmazaday mulk kau dushman hain!!!
Last but not least the ones we call our ‘brothers’ , those sitting in the Gulf region supporting chaos in other Muslims lands ( Iran and UAE have in the past been involved scuttling Gawadar ) need to be given a taste of their own medicine that is very much needed.
We keep the Indians in check but Indians are not only ones creating trouble in Pakistan’s western regions.

The only way to bring peace in our western provinces is by having Afghan Taliban back in power in Afghanistan, and make sure indians get out of Afghanistan. That should be number one priority of ISI, to get rid of indians from Afghanistan.

Indians are supporting BLA.

14 soldiers killed in Pakistan ambush | Herald Sun
The soldiers were going to their post after buying groceries from a nearby market, a local administration official said.

Travelling in two vehicles the soldiers were surrounded by around 20 insurgents who opened fire, killing all of them, he said.

Another official said the attack was so sudden that the soldiers did not have time to defend themselves.

The attack was claimed by a spokesman for the Baluch Liberation Front, a militant group, in calls to television stations and newspapers.

`Many American soldiers were killed under similar circumstances in Iraq when they started being "Publicly Predictable" as they went to same Public places in Groups Routinely,while not on their Guard and Unready for combat. IEDs were placed on their well known return route and snipers were positioned at Vantage points as the assailants were well aware of the exact route the soldiers were expected to follow...

It looks like something similar happened to the FC men.

Its a war out there,and you shouldn't be predictable in Public eyes and Hire a local man to fetch your Groceries instead of Placing yourself between Hostiles..
The situation does look complicated enough that FC men may have been reluctant in returning fire as it may not have happened far from a Public market place with many civilians about..While you cant expect any regard for human life Innocent or otherwise , from BLA psychos..Same cannot be said about FC men and they may not have returned fire immediately in fear of Civilian causalities.

American drone strikes were overwhelming targeting North Waziristan - against suspected Gul Bahadur, haqqanis and AQ members. There was very rarely a strike that reports suggested took out any TTP member. There were no strikes carried out against Baluch terrorists, in fact the Baluch terrorists were apparently 'welcome guests of the Afghans and US in Kabul' according to the transcripts of conversations in the released US diplomatic cables.

According to some recent news articles, all these terrorist groups are linked.. So severe attacks on one would also curtail the others' ability to launch attacks with impunity..

So I fail to see how one can argue that there is a correlation between the spike in TTP and Baluch terrorist attacks and a cessation in the drone strikes

There certainly is a correlation since the attacks have gone up significantly in the time US drone program is suspended.. Now whether there is causation or not is something we need to debate..

A 'target list' comprising their own troops? If that is not what you meant, you need to elaborate further since I can't really understand what you are trying to convey with the 'target list' comment.

I guess he meant that while the drone program was on, PA / ISI must have been including some of their own targets in the list provided to USA for drone attacks.. With those attacks no longer happening, terrorists are able to operate more freely..

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Yes - for reasons I have already covered in my earlier posts on this thread.

So mods are allowed to change titles without proof ?

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

The only way to bring peace in our western provinces is by having Afghan Taliban back in power in Afghanistan, and make sure indians get out of Afghanistan. That should be number one priority of ISI, to get rid of indians from Afghanistan.

Indians are supporting BLA.

And maybe TTP in power in Pakistan?? Why just wish the Taliban rule only in Afghanistan.. Let them rule Pakistan as well.. After all, Mullah Omar is considered Emir by TTP too..

Anyway it wont matter much to you living in America ;)

14 FC men killed, several injured in Turbat
QUETTA: Fourteen personnel of the paramilitary force were killed and several others injured when a convoy of the Frontier Corps (FC) was attacked in the Turbat district on Wednesday night.

The defunct BLF claimed responsibility for the attack. Confirming the attack and death toll, officials of the district administration, Turbat, said that the FC convoy was heading to Nawano Klag from Buleda when it was attacked. The armed men who had taken positions there opened indiscriminate fire with modern weapons when the convoy approached them.

According to preliminary investigations, the attackers had taken positions on the Buleda Road leading to Nawano. As the FC convoy approached them, it was attacked.

On being informed, officials of the FC and district administration reached the spot and started a probe into the matter. Further investigations are in progress. However, no arrest was made till our going to the press.

The spokesman of the Baloch Liberation Front (BLF) informed the media offices and claimed responsibility for the attack. The deceased were identified as Naib Subedar Muhammad Javed, Naib Subedar Qutabuddin, Sepoys Muhammad Saeed, Havildar Muhammad Adil, Muhammad Usman, Zaman Khan, Waheed Khan, Abdul Karim, Dilvaz, Muhammad Imtiaz, Muhammad Usman, Shakil Ahmed and Saifullah.

R.I.P to the dead..

Is predictability the keyword here??
And from where BLA got hold of MODERN WEAPONS which were presumably better than what FC had...
Can we still deny Foreign hands?

But the wheels hav ebeen set in motion for an investigation against the perpetrators and soon we will hear BLA crying rap.e and wailing .. Accusing security forces of "Extra Judicial killings"

According to some recent news articles, all these terrorist groups are linked.. So severe attacks on one would also curtail the others' ability to launch attacks with impunity..

Well that doesn't seem to happen on ground both in Pakistan and Afghanistan. We had TTP acting with all impunity with drone attacks happening on daily basis. Neither it deterred Afghan Taliban much inside Afghanistan. So your post is against what is happening on ground and is much in relation to what is happening inside your mind?

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

now watch as the BLA leaders are hunted down and the resulting outcry over FC's "brutality"

Now that is something that should happen. Or in fact must happen on any cost.

Well,It's an opinion that US forces hold and not my personal one.

I still fail to grasp what the bigger question is in your perception.What exactly is your grand unification theory?Why would US forces or allies deliberately seek the deterioration of Pakistan's security environment? Much obliged if you could lay it down minus the bells and whistles...

Check out the foreign policy pledges of the Republican nomination front runners. They are bluntly advocating the support of terrorism in Iran by supporting the biggest terrorist group which is the Jundullah the Iranian Baloch.
And to remove any doubt notice the Republican hopeful’s comments about Pakistan and elements in the current US administration to make it “see sense” same wording is used for Iranian regime by conducting assassinations and supporting terrorists so that it “sees sense”

Watch this policy already in motion with the on going assassinations of Iranian scientists and the blasts in Iran that have claimed many lives and Jundullah claiming the responsibility. so it doesn’t mater what party is at the helm in USA, the policy wont change and its already in place.

Notice the surge in the attacks by the terrorists in Balochistan and their media campaign by “neutral international media”. The BLA terrorists are shown with advanced tactical COMS gear and SAMs that not even the “good” or the “Bad” Taliban have ever managed to get its hand on but only the “ugly” terrorist that has found some space in the hearts of the west despite doing everything that falls under the western definition of terrorism.

The irony is that the Xenophobe and racist Bramdagh Bhugti finds it very comfortable and justifiable to sprout hatred towards Punjabis living in Balochistan while living as an outsider from Asia in Europe. And the funny part is that the Indians go on the overdrive by repeating his anti Punjabi rhetoric forgetting that they themselves have a sizable part of Punjab themselves. (I will explain later).

If someone is still having difficulty in understanding then read the NeoCons theory about Greater Balochistan. So the answer to your question about why Pakistan might be in this greater Balochistan idea.

To create an other base with sea against the Chinese and Russian advancement towards Arabian Sea and effectively seal Iran from all sides to make it “see sense” and in the process if Pakistan suffers then tough because it appeases the current strategic partner who might be policing this area when American war machinery looks for another country to invade.

i dont think pakistan will be able to control baluchistan.U.s will always have their presence in afganistan and they will continue to do this. and western border is too big especially when your 60% military is on indian border

@ Irfan Baloch;

I wasn't in any way preaching on the morality of the United States.You don't stay on top without getting your hands dirty regardless of where the action goes down like the covert ops in the regions that you detailed.I was rather questioning the strategic sense for America to destabilize Pakistan on purpose.

Pakistan still is and will continue to be an important player for the US in the region be it to ensure a face saving exit from Afghanistan or ironically to guarantee some semblance of security to the outnumbered troops stationed in Afghanistan.By all accounts,the well being of Pakistani security forces is intrinsically tied to the fortunes of American troops and indeed it's civilian government.

To address the issue of possession of advanced weaponry in the hands of the rebels;Haven't we seen many NATO containers being raided by extremists and the Taliban in possession of American Humvees.Is it entirely inconceivable that the said advanced military inventory is just stolen merchandise?

guys
FC isnt suppose to fight these terrorists that are highly trained (by their soviet experience) in hit and run warfare.
so then why isnt the regular army getting invovled two obvious reason.
1. political leadership not wanting regular troop to get involved (FC is actually not directly under regular military), so politically govt can claim that no militery operation is going on giving it political edge
2. Indian consistently refusing to decrease their number on boarders thus not allowing major shifting of troops, hat is required if regular military is to go there

To address the issue of possession of advanced weaponry in the hands of the rebels;Haven't we seen many NATO containers being raided by extremists and the Taliban in possession of American Humvees.Is it entirely inconceivable that the said advanced military inventory is just stolen merchandise?

good point, but weapons are not trasponted from Pakistan my dear so we can rule out that posibility

re preaching, I am pointing out at the US think tanks and the kind of loonies that are policy makers in America I am not going to speak on their behalf I am only showing you who actually is already thinking, proposing and planning such changes in maps in this region. like yourself I am also confused and lost what America is going to achieve by destabilising Pakistan. maybe you need to seek your answers from Fox News discussions.

I also don’t understand how Americans are going to get a settlement in Afghanistan by expecting Taliban to come to the negotiation table while continuously fighting with them, asking for Pakistani help in establishing links and office in Qatar/ Doha and then blaming it for using them as proxies and supporting Taliban. this whole strategy might make perfect sense for them but I am not sure how that will help them in their early withdrawal from Afghanistan.

And then there are diplomatic cables regarding Bramdagh Bghuti and facilitating his stay in Afghanistan and eventual stay in Sweden. The world demands Pakistan to do its role in war against terror right? What about handing over one of our most wanted terrorist? Is Bramdagh the “GOOD Insurgent” of America?

I know Jundullah group is already in the good books of America and Americans have not declared BLA as terrorist organisation (just to avoid the controversy and to stay consistent)
Talking about consistency well there is none when it comes to banning JuD but looking the other way when it comes to BLA.

So Sir, these are troubling facts that cant be ignored.

So mods are allowed to change titles without proof ?

you all "allow" yourselves to make assumptions "without proof" in your posts. its only fair that the titile is made to show how we Pakistanis see this incident.

Several officers have been recalled from vacation and additional battalions armed to the teeth are being dispatched to Balochistan. BLF just shot itself in the foot, strategists at Rawalpindi have reacted with outrage over this attack and rest be assured that there will be revenge. PA does not take the killing of its soldiers lightly, and that too in such a sensitive area as Balochistan. PA will engage in counter ops, you can mark my words for this and i can already predict some of my fellow countrymen crying 'brutality'.

Do they run back to afghanistan after attack or stay in baluchistan??

Back
Top Bottom