What's new

14 countries interested in BrahMos missiles

Indians deluding themselves again。

It is still a 3rd rate missile designed by the Russians and assembled,with imported components、Russian technical know-how and assistance,in India。:sleep:

If it's a third rate missile, why are you all so riled up? Or is that the butt-hurt talking?

We interested too..... :pop:

Could you supply a dozen for *testing* purposes? :cheesy:

Only if you provide active-service PN shps as "testing" targets.

Indians deluding themselves again。

Even if the Russians allow the export of the said missile,so what?

It is still a 3rd rate missile designed by the Russians and assembled,with imported components、Russian technical know-how and assistance,in India。:sleep:

because you guys is able to copy some russian made stuff, so you guys become technologically advanced than remaining world... oh my god.... what kinda paranoia is this...... you guys still trying to copy 3rd rate jet engines... copied 3rd rate jet fighters... etc.... every thing in chinese army, navy air ofrce is pirated.... and you guys talking about Ingenious?

What do you think Harpoon blok 1B is relative to block 1A? A downgrade?

I have no idea what bought on this comparison. BTW my post was about Yokhant vs Bhrahmos. That too, considering that oniks follow flight path etc of a decade ago.

300km is submarine and ship launched version. 500km is air launched (which takes advantage of high altitude launch and glide to increase range, but this is not missile inherent) Be careful not to compare apples and oranges (I bet Oniks ranges are surface launch only...)

Air launched is also 300 km. There was a news a few days ago that range would remain same. The air launched version would probably be thinner.

Really, but the specifications stand to be much different....

P-800 Oniks has the following specifications

Length 8.9 m (29.2 ft)
Diameter 0.7 m (2.3 ft)
Warhead 300 kg (661.4 lb)
Engine Ramjet using kerosene liquid fuel
Wingspan 1.7 m (5.6 ft)
Operational
range 120 to 300 km (74.6 to 186.4 mi) depending on altitude
Flight altitude 5 meters or higher
Speed Mach 2.5
Guidance
system active-passive, radar seeker head
Launch
platform Fixed-wing aircraft, coastal installations, naval ships

Whereas Brahmos on the contary to it has the following Specifications

Length 8.4 m
Diameter 0.6 m
Warhead 200-300 kg conventional semi-armour-piercing and nuclear
Engine First stage: solid propellant booster
Second stage: liquid-fueled ramjet
Operational
range 300~500 km
Flight ceiling 15 km
Flight altitude sea-skimming, as low as 3-4 meters
Speed Mach 2.8 - 3.0
Guidance
system Mid-course guidance by INS
Terminal guidance by homing radar seeker
Augmentation by GPS/GLONASS
Accuracy 1 m
Launch
platform Ship, submarine, aircraft and land-based mobile launchers.

You were idiotic enough to not to comprehend my comment in the right way as it was just a general remark on all products not "BrahMos" particularly....
So now you quibbling, good try, Who is idiot, Who is loser? the world know the answer.

BrahMos is indian "indigenous" weapon, it apply to you definitioin of indian "indigenous", for you pride, if not, Why always post the thread about BrahMos in indian defence, and praise it?

Mr. ****_of_the_dragon...

did any body ask your expert advice ?

Non I was just self-contemplating :omghaha:

can we talk about JF-17.... what kinda stupid ego is this... lolz....

Request denied, this thread is about brahmos, don't try to highjack the thread :lol:

I was waiting for the first Chinese troll to jump headlong into this thread and here comes one!! Expect more feather brains to dive in soon.

It's nice in a way, as it makes me ROFL each time I read the crap that they spout! :smokin:

The titile of this thread is so irresitible, I couldn't help myself :omghaha:

So now you quibbling, good try, Who is idiot, Who is loser? the world know the answer.

BrahMos is indian "indigenous" weapon, it apply to you definitioin of indian "indigenous", for you pride, if not, Why always post the thread aboutBrahMos in indian defence, and praise it?

This was not a thread to praise the Brahmos but to have a fair discussion on the news that "14 countries interested in BrahMos missiles" if you remember, but inspite to be on topic some idiots start to derail the thread and started making a mockery out of the same...Post something if you something legit to post on the topic and if not then please get lost other than trolling all around....

I have no idea what bought on this comparison. BTW my post was about Yokhant vs Bhrahmos. That too, considering that oniks follow flight path etc of a decade ago.

That comparison flowed from http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...nterested-brahmos-missiles-4.html#post4584200

Air launched is also 300 km. There was a news a few days ago that range would remain same. The air launched version would probably be thinner.

Kinda defeats the purpose of a missile family to not use one missile frame, wouldn't you agree? Esp, since pic show air version to be same missile...

My mistake, I should have clarified I was replying to only this part:
Brahmos and Yakhont are the same missile with different internal components.

His question itself was confusing to me. I could not understand if he was trying to say they are same missile (as it looked like from his previous posts) or BrahMos is like an upgrade.

Kinda defeats the purpose of a missile family to not use one missile frame, wouldn't you agree? Esp, since pic show air version to be same missile...

Different versions may have different components, even frame. Only news till now is that air version would be lighter:
He said the Sukhoi aircraft was also being modified to carry the missile. The missile’s weight would be reduced by 500 kilograms to 2.5 tonne and a new launcher would be attached to the fighter jet.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...ready-test-fired-next-year.html#ixzz2ajBgl2G8

May be it is just fuel.

And this was the news regarding range, without specifying the version.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/263085-range-missile-brahmos-will-not-increase.html

My mistake, I should have clarified I was replying to only this part:

His question itself was confusing to me. I could not understand if he was trying to say they are same missile (as it looked like from his previous posts) or BrahMos is like an upgrade.

Different versions may have different components, even frame. Only news till now is that air version would be lighter:

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...ready-test-fired-next-year.html#ixzz2ajBgl2G8

May be it is just fuel.

And this was the news regarding range, without specifying the version.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/263085-range-missile-brahmos-will-not-increase.html

A surface / subsurface launched missile would need a booster that an airlaunched versions would not need: there's your 500kg (and reduced length). THinning a missile would posed challenges e.g. to housing a guidance radar (unless also a new radar) ... before long you have an alltogether new missile.

A surface / subsurface launched missile would need a booster that an airlaunched versions would not need: there's your 500kg (and reduced length). THinning a missile would posed challenges e.g. to housing a guidance radar (unless also a new radar) ... before long you have an alltogether new missile.

They are indeed reducing one booster, but that means there would be one instead of two:
The air variant will feature just one booster instead of two to accelerate the missile to its supersonic cruise speed, when a ramjet engine takes over. Also, a new take-off engine for launching the missile on air and at extreme high altitudes is being developed.

Air Variant of BrahMos Test Delayed Until End Of 2013

So the CEO and Managing Director of the Russian-Indian joint venture BrahMos Aerospace A. Sivathanu Pilla says that 14 countries have expressed an interest in the missile. Being that he is the GEO of the company, you would expect him to say that, can any one provide a list of the 14 countries, and at least some source from any of these countries to confirm.

Until any other country specifically says they are interested, this just sounds like a sales pitch.

What do you mean?India hasn't fully integrated/inducted the Brahmos??
FYI It is in service with our army,nearly every destroyer/frigate of Indian navy have them,and the airlaunched version is under developmrnt.
Pls dont bother commenting if you doesnt know anything about it.

And by the way,you should have read the first post,yes 14 countries are intrested in Brahmos

No, India doesn't have the capability to integrate the weapon system at all. Its all Russian tech and guidance, how are Indians who can't even indigenously produce the missile be able to integrate it into foreign weapon systems?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom