What's new

13 Purely Pakistani Things That Made Our Childhood Awesome

Remember this guy?
magnificent_muttley_by_akanague-d4fdayq.png
magnificent_muttley_by_akanague-d4fdayq.png

Watching cartoon on PTV in the morning.

Watching the National Anthem in the morning at 7 am and then at 10am Close of morning transmission

Waiting for the transmission to start again at 7pm with cartoon again and close at 10pm with the national anthem.

Parents waiting for the 9pm Khabarnama.

And whole extended family waiting for the 8 pm drama.
We used to be like 20-30 members at our uncle house for watching drama as he alone had the tv.
It used to be lot of fun.
Children playing,uncles arguing over news and aunties discussing in very intellectual manner the story of the drama.

I wish there were not many tvs or channels in this country.....:(

Wow! Thanks @Muhammad Omar You just brought back childhood memories for me. And am glad to know I didn't miss any of the things you posted. Did them all. :)

Some other things from childhood:

1. Climbing trees,
2. Waiting for faalsey waala, bhutta waala, makkai waala, kataarey waala, etc to come around evening time (each used to come on different days or sometimes they would overlap)
3. Playing pakram pakrai, chhupan chuupai, baraf paani, cheel uri (usually when the electricity went out)
4. Rs. 2 coke or pepsi 250ml in a plastic bag with straw from school canteen (later became Rs. 5 n then Rs.10)
5. Putting paper boats in the rain water which used to turn the streets into rivers.

Pre internet we would watch the english movies in the hope of watching one steamy scene ... :-) it had a pleasure of its own.

Wow! Thanks @Muhammad Omar You just brought back childhood memories for me. And am glad to know I didn't miss any of the things you posted. Did them all. :)

Some other things from childhood:

1. Climbing trees,
2. Waiting for faalsey waala, bhutta waala, makkai waala, kataarey waala, etc to come around evening time (each used to come on different days or sometimes they would overlap)
3. Playing pakram pakrai, chhupan chuupai, baraf paani, cheel uri (usually when the electricity went out)
4. Rs. 2 coke or pepsi 250ml in a plastic bag with straw from school canteen (later became Rs. 5 n then Rs.10)
5. Putting paper boats in the rain water which used to turn the streets into rivers.
Still miss the Khalone walas and the sabsi wala. These were the ones that would come every day.

Bachey, dow hee achay. Wizaarat-e-Sehat, Haqooomat-e-Pakistan. lol

First there was STN with its Cartoons and English language shows. And then it was pure heaven when Cartoon Network launched. I was so obsessed with Cartoon Network I even entered one of their competitions and I won 3rd prize which was 3 months supply of MILO products. :p

And as I grew up I hated how they started showing the Hindi/Urdu dubbed Cartoon Network. A travesty!

WCW/WWF at 10.....anyone remember that???
Also i remember us having a Russian A.C !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom