What's new

13 Purely Pakistani Things That Made Our Childhood Awesome

9) A safe water game

We all played. Putting those little ribbon balls on tower-tops with the help of water-pressure was a skill at that time.
childhood%2B(11).jpg

10) Our First Game Console

Brick Games. Every game looked almost same, yet we had a favorite game among them.
childhood%2B(8).jpg

11) Badshah ka wazeer kon?

Another multiplayer game we all enjoyed. A game of guess where you gotta guess who is Sipahi and who is Chor.
childhood%2B(9).jpg

12) Bell Baja k Bhaagna

Well, what is life if you didn't do this. lol. This was the most fun thing 90s kid did in their kidhoods.
childhood%2B(10).jpg

13) Defining our own rules of Cricket

Jo ball door phenkyga wohi leke ayega. Jiska bat uski pehli bari. Remember all those rules that made us dictator of cricket in own streets.
Street-Cricket.jpg

I have my own fun memories from the early 90s.

Trolling the Chowkidar. It was an adrenaline rush to hide as soon as he came by banging on the fences. “Bachao so jao. Koi Bacha ko jagne ki ajazat ni hai.”

Brining-640x480.jpg

I don’t know if this is one, but this is how they looked.

Buntya: delicious chocolate button candies that pop out.

dream%20bunty_416.png

Addicting

Fighting with sticks in the Mohalla. We (little kids) would all be armed and walk around fighting rivals. Pakistan was very safe back then, kids could run around anywhere safely.

10417495626_7d286fcb4f_b.jpg

This was the life.

Neighborhood arcades were the coolest places to hang out. Dominated my older boys, but they were nice enough to let the youngsters and girls play too sometimes.

images

They had foosball tables, ludo, and carrom boards as well.

Flying kits was all the rave, especially around Basant. I used to love making my own kite or sometimes buying one. Whole city was full of colors, music, and smiles.

images

Lovely memories.

I used to enjoy going to the ghau, as some of my relatives were schoolteachers and I could join them in school as a student for a short time. I had a lot of fun there.

first-grade-during-class-in-village-elementary-school-in-faiz-pur-picture-id50875054

Always dusty, but lots of fun and great company.

I have my own fun memories from the early 90s.

Trolling the Chowkidar. It was an adrenaline rush to hide as soon as he came by banging on the fences. “Bachao so jao. Koi Bacha ko jagne ki ajazat ni hai.”

Brining-640x480.jpg

I don’t know if this is one, but this is how they looked.

Buntya: delicious chocolate button candies that pop out.

dream%20bunty_416.png

Addicting

Fighting with sticks in the Mohalla. We (little kids) would all be armed and walk around fighting rivals. Pakistan was very safe back then, kids could run around anywhere safely.

10417495626_7d286fcb4f_b.jpg

This was the life.

Neighborhood arcades were the coolest places to hang out. Dominated my older boys, but they were nice enough to let the youngsters and girls play too sometimes.

images

They had foosball tables, ludo, and carrom boards as well.

Flying kits was all the rave, especially around Basant. I used to love making my own kite or sometimes buying one. Whole city was full of colors, music, and smiles.

images

Lovely memories.

I used to enjoy going to the ghau, as some of my relatives were schoolteachers and I could join them in school as a student for a short time. I had a lot of fun there.

first-grade-during-class-in-village-elementary-school-in-faiz-pur-picture-id50875054

Always dusty, but lots of fun and great company.
I still eat these Bunties

Back
Top Bottom