What's new

13 Mouth Watering Pakistani Desserts You Can Never Have Enough Of

Who could forget Pinni and Soji Anda (Its something my grandmother used to make and we just call it soji anda) and Daal.

i have heard and read about the legendary 'shahi tukra' but am yet to sample this delicacy.

delicious ras malai.

among south indian muslims this is simply known as 'meetha chaawal' ( sweet rice ).

umm, too sweet for me.

the most over-rated subcontinent sweet... never liked it.

-----

do you have in pakistan the sweet/substantial-food item called pheni?? it is eaten by pouring hot milk and sprinkling sugar... and in its making process ghee is used...

milk-pheni1_grande.jpg

see above for my bad experience with faluda.

well, there is the mythology of the silver foil being of healthy benefit.

in india it is called 'bombay halwa'.
Pheni is gooodddd....
Delhi side it is called karachi halwa, probably originated there.
But dhoda is the best

9. The so-fulfilling Shahi Tukray

10. The refreshing Ras Malai

11. The scrumptious Zarda

12. The delectable Halwa

13. The warm and fulfilling Sheer Khorma

Love them? Are you craving for these delicious sweets? Comment and let us know your favorite Pakistani dessert.

I have enjoyed almost all the sweeties with the exception of lab e shireen and doodh dullari.would like to know
What are the ingredients these two are made of?.

I have enjoyed almost all the sweeties with the exception of lab e shireen and doodh dullari.would like to know
What are the ingredients these two are made of?.

Lab-e-Shireen.JPG

lab+e+sheern.jpg

Ingredients

1 liter Fresh milk
1 Tin Pineapple cubes
1cup Sugar
1 packet Strawberry jelly
3 packets Fresh Cream
1/2 packet Boiled noodles
4 tbsp Vanilla custard

Method
Take 1 liter milk in pan and add 4 tbsp of vanilla custard with 1 cup sugar and cook till custard turn thick. Now boil noodles and cook 1 packet of jelly.

Now take a mixing bowl and place a layer of custard, then pineapple tin cubes, then a layer of strawberry jelly and noodles.

Now again place all the layers and put cream from top and serve chilled.

Barfi is one awesome dessert that is missing in the list.

Another kheer lover spotted. :p

proud one.. unbelievable that you dont like it.

Firni is another awesome dessert that is missing from the list. HOW CAN YOU MISS FIRNI ZALIMO?

Barfi is one awesome dessert that is missing in the list.

proud one.. unbelievable that you dont like it.

Firni is another awesome dessert that is missing from the list. HOW CAN YOU MISS FIRNI ZALIMO?

The last thing you're talking about is the dessert made with rice flour? I actually like it. Na' kheer is overrated. I don't even come close to it. I love desserts and even the one you mentioned, except kheer and sooji halwa whatever.

Lab-e-Shireen.JPG

lab+e+sheern.jpg

Ingredients

1 liter Fresh milk
1 Tin Pineapple cubes
1cup Sugar
1 packet Strawberry jelly
3 packets Fresh Cream
1/2 packet Boiled noodles
4 tbsp Vanilla custard

Method
Take 1 liter milk in pan and add 4 tbsp of vanilla custard with 1 cup sugar and cook till custard turn thick. Now boil noodles and cook 1 packet of jelly.

Now take a mixing bowl and place a layer of custard, then pineapple tin cubes, then a layer of strawberry jelly and noodles.

Now again place all the layers and put cream from top and serve chilled.

@deserfox97 here you go and now try it. :p

The last thing you're talking about is the dessert made with rice flour? I actually like it. Na' kheer is overrated. I don't even come close to it. I love desserts and even the one you mentioned, except kheer and sooji halwa whatever.

oh yes and Suji ka Halwa. how on earth did they miss suji ka halwa...err.. apka taste develop nae hoya..thats the problem. ootherwise its very tasty. baki apni apni choice ha

oh yes and Suji ka Halwa. how on earth did they miss suji ka halwa...err.. apka taste develop nae hoya..thats the problem. ootherwise its very tasty. baki apni apni choice ha

Guess what? Even its smell give me the feeling of nausea. Like literally, my heartbeat go fast. Either my mom make it when I'm not home or I don't even go near the kitchen. #sensitivepeople. Lol

Back
Top Bottom