What's new

13 Mouth Watering Pakistani Desserts You Can Never Have Enough Of

How many of you have tried Hot Gulab Jamun with cold vanila ice cream.... its just awesome.

kheer, rasgullas and pedas are also awesome.

Gajar ka halwa is over rated.

nope ! made of up : Chicken/Lamb keema, milk, khoa, dry fruit, sugar/condensed milk and pure ghee ! a unique and amazing dish !
Mrre khayal se ye dish Pakistan m nhe hti atleast mne na dekhi hai or na hi suna hai iske brre m

12. The delectable Halwa

13. The warm and fulfilling Sheer Khorma

Love them? Are you craving for these delicious sweets? Comment and let us know your favorite Pakistani dessert.
Your "halwa" is actually sohan halwa... which should b atleast among top three if u have ever tasted the one from multan.. Term "halwa" is generally used for sooji ka halwa..

Your "halwa" is actually sohan halwa... which should b atleast among top three if u have ever tasted the one from multan.. Term "halwa" is generally used for sooji ka halwa..
No.
This is sohan halwa.............

Sohan%20Halwa%20(3)-500x500.JPG

That halwa
9-422x435.jpg

was previously called Hubsea halwa. now they have different names in different cities..............

Shoan-Halwa_m.jpg

and what about this............

82-year-hafiz-halwa.png

History

“Rome wasn’t built in a day”. Most of the renowned companies have a history which briefs about their struggle and efforts which makes their business famous. Inventor’s family of hafiz sohan halwa made a massive struggle and worked very hard to achieve this position where they are known as one of the biggest companies of Pakistan.

In 1930 Hafiz Ahmed Din, a teacher of Quran began preparing a daily serving of halwa as his students learnt the day’s lesson. In the beginning it was for a limited circle of people which includes his close friends and a small community where he used to live. By his talent Hafiz Ahmed Din became very famous in no time and by this he started earning for living as well.

In 1963, Hafiz Habib-ur-Rehman took hold of the company from his father in law and started setting new goals.where he set up the 1st showroom in “Hussain Agahi” to open new market value for the company.

Late Mr. Badaruddin Qamar (General Manager) joined the company in 1970. He worked quite efficiently and shared the new era techniques. By the time admiration of halwa started spreading outside Multan and within the couple of month’s time Sohan Halwa has become a popular product of Pakistan.

In 1994 the third generation took hold when the younger son of Hafiz Habib Ur Rahman, joined the company as Deputy Chief Executive. Mr.Khalil is ambitious and is setting new guidelines for the company, preparing the company for the twenty first century. With his educational background in business administration he has implemented the use of latest technologies in the business and striving hard to make maximum out of it, where he open the door for better quality & better packaging to reserve the same taste which is admired by the loyal customers of Halwa, He also converted the brand into a trademark and with his efforts company achieved American Quality Award for the years 93 & 97 respectively.

All except Gajar ka Halwa, tho i love Gajar ki kheer. Never ate Shahi Tukra :(

1. The delicious Kheer

good old kheer.

i also like the similar dish 'firni' that is made with 'sooji' ( semolina ).

2. The lip-smacking Gajar ka Halwa

very over-rated... never liked it.

3. The warm and satisfying Gulab Jamuns

too sweet for me but i think it was @django or @Zibago who suggested to me that ice-cream on top of gulab jamun would be delicious... i am yet to try.

4. The yummylicious crispy Jalebis

nice when eaten warm.

5. The succulent Lab-e-shireen

i don't know what this is... can someone tell me??

6. The luscious Doodh Dulari

again, a unknown to me.

7. The cool, refreshing Falooda

the only time i had this was a bad experience... at a eatery, had some biryani ( or maybe 'khushka' with chicken kabab and wheel kabab ) and then had a glass of faluda... a few minutes after i left the eatery, i vomited successively all that i had... perhaps it is the vermcelli soaked in diluted milk that was the culprit.

8. The thandi thandi Kulfi

DSC_9018-640x611.jpg

ah, delicious kulfi... it has been years since i had kulfi. :(

9. The so-fulfilling Shahi Tukray

i have heard and read about the legendary 'shahi tukra' but am yet to sample this delicacy.

10. The refreshing Ras Malai

delicious ras malai.

11. The scrumptious Zarda

among south indian muslims this is simply known as 'meetha chaawal' ( sweet rice ).

12. The delectable Halwa

umm, too sweet for me.

13. The warm and fulfilling Sheer Khorma

the most over-rated subcontinent sweet... never liked it.

-----

do you have in pakistan the sweet/substantial-food item called pheni?? it is eaten by pouring hot milk and sprinkling sugar... and in its making process ghee is used...

milk-pheni1_grande.jpg

Falooda is the best by far. I dont eat any pakistani desert anymore - i am a cake/pastry guy - except falooda in summers.

see above for my bad experience with faluda.

purely decorative......traditionally they just add a sign of "wealth" to the dish. They dont serve other purpose, just presentation :D

well, there is the mythology of the silver foil being of healthy benefit.

in india it is called 'bombay halwa'.

i have heard and read about the legendary 'shahi tukra' but am yet to sample this delicacy.

delicious ras malai.

among south indian muslims this is simply known as 'meetha chaawal' ( sweet rice ).

umm, too sweet for me.

the most over-rated subcontinent sweet... never liked it.

-----

do you have in pakistan the sweet/substantial-food item called pheni?? it is eaten by pouring hot milk and sprinkling sugar... and in its making process ghee is used...

milk-pheni1_grande.jpg

see above for my bad experience with faluda.

in india it is called 'bombay halwa'.
It was @django

good old kheer.

i also like the similar dish 'firni' that is made with 'sooji' ( semolina ).

very over-rated... never liked it.

too sweet for me but i think it was @django or @Zibago who suggested to me that ice-cream on top of gulab jamun would be delicious... i am yet to try.

nice when eaten warm.

i don't know what this is... can someone tell me??

again, a unknown to me.

the only time i had this was a bad experience... at a eatery, had some biryani ( or maybe 'khushka' with chicken kabab and wheel kabab ) and then had a glass of faluda... a few minutes after i left the eatery, i vomited successively all that i had... perhaps it is the vermcelli soaked in diluted milk that was the culprit.

ah, delicious kulfi... it has been years since i had kulfi. :(
You have to warm up the gulab jamun in microwave on medium power for about 20-30secs.

try it you will not be disappointed.

interestingly enough - it's not at all complicated to milk. Prime ingredients are buttered toast and milk and some nuts - depending how you prepare it. But man it's a treat. One of my favourites.

not an expert on subject - others would know better.....mostly it's just for aesthetics

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom