What's new

111 Africans in Guangzhou test positive for COVID-19

I hope we firmly apply our immigration law and deport illegal visa overstayers, no matter what race. The story of American decline is closely intertwined with how cities like Detroit and Baltimore went from world-beating manufacturing hubs to crime-ridden hellscapes, in which demographic shifts have normalized deviant and dysfunctional behavior like drugs, riots, segregation into ghettos, single-parent lifestyle, fake hair ('weaves') etc. Isn't that right @Hamartia Antidote @dbc ?

Let's hope Guangzhou can avoid the same fate.

Ah yes Chinese aren't racists...no sir..only white people...rolls eyes

I hope we firmly apply our immigration law and deport illegal visa overstayers, no matter what race. The story of American decline is closely intertwined with how cities like Detroit and Baltimore went from world-beating manufacturing hubs to crime-ridden hellscapes, in which demographic shifts have normalized deviant and dysfunctional behavior like drugs, riots, segregation into ghettos, single-parent lifestyle, fake hair ('weaves') etc. Isn't that right @Hamartia Antidote @dbc ?

US actively keeps the Black community backwards and allows drugs into their communities. Jobs and education opportunities are limited. Crime offers escape, so they take the risks. Racism is still at peak in the US and endemic to this country. Race relations are toxic, but remember Blacks were brought as slaves from Africa, brutalized, raped, tortured, dehumanized, murdered, etc. and didn't have a choice.

China has done none of that. This is unwarranted, but do not assume all Africans are like this.

I concur, survival of the fittest that is the American way. Detroit and Baltimore isn’t the first city to perish since America came into being-it will not be the last. Have no cities perished in China’s long history? surely you’ve had more than your share of Detroit’s. What about Ordos Kangbashi?

On the topic of immigrants, we will never see eye to eye. I welcome overseas talent of all races and religious beliefs.And for the same reason, Americans that can’t handle the competition...well..they can move to Canada.

Last edited:
What a animal. How could he did this to a girl? There is reason why Chinese people don't like them.
Yes he is an animal..but not all africans.
Just like all muslims are not responsible for an isis terrorist or all indian responsible for a rapist or all chinese responsible for idiotic tourists abroad.

Just like all muslims are not responsible for an isis terrorist or all indian responsible for a rapist or all chinese responsible for idiotic tourists abroad.

Muslim Africans are some of the nicest and kindest people I have ever met, genuine good people. I have met a fair amount of great Christian Africans too.

a-smiling-muslim-man-in-harar-tony-camacho.jpg

In general, they are smiley and happy people. Very few show any malice, and it is really hard to generalize a whole continent, although a few countries in East Africa (sans Somalia) are difficult to deal with.

This subset who is in China, what reason are they there for? Do they have ceiminal backgrounds back home?

Last edited:
Muslim Africans are some of the nicest and kindest people I have ever met, genuine good people. I have met a fair amount of great Christian Africans too.

a-smiling-muslim-man-in-harar-tony-camacho.jpg

In general, they are smiley and happy people. Very few show any malice, and it is really hard to generalize a whole continent, although a few countries in East Africa (sans Somalia) are difficult to deal with.

This subset who is in China, what reason are they there for? Do they have ceiminal backgrounds back home?
I totally agree. When travelling through africa Kenya Tanzania and zanzibar I only encountered good happy friendly people. Sure there are bad people out there but what race doesnt have them

I concur, survival of the fittest that is the American way. Detroit and Baltimore isn’t the first city to perish since America came into being-it will not be the last. Have no cities perished in China’s long history? surely you’ve had more than your share of Detroit’s. What about Ordos Kangbashi?

On the topic of immigrants, we will never see eye to eye. I welcome overseas talent of all races and religious beliefs.And for the same reason, Americans that can’t handle the competition...well..they can move to Canada.

At least Justin Bieber is Canadian, thats saving American good name a lot

Ah yes Chinese aren't racists...no sir..only white people...rolls eyes
Racism = Prejudice + Power, so it doesn't apply to us. American sociology field is much more developed than China's, so I accept this definition it has produced.

Ordos is city with negligible history that has only risen to prominence in the modern era, and is still ascending not declining. It's best parallel is Las Vegas. China's 'rust belt' is in the northeast.

US actively keeps the Black community backwards and allows drugs into their communities. Jobs and education opportunities are limited. Crime offers escape, so they take the risks. Racism is still at peak in the US and endemic to this country. Race relations are toxic, but remember Blacks were brought as slaves from Africa, brutalized, raped, tortured, dehumanized, murdered, etc. and didn't have a choice.

China has done none of that. This is unwarranted, but do not assume all Africans are like this.
I'm well aware of the difference between Black Americans and Africans. Much of the former's misfortune arises from being hapless guinea pigs for the US ruling class. After all, CIA introduced crack cocaine and HIV-AIDS into black communities, and the US neoliberal media complex manufactured a dystopian vision of 'black culture' centered around drugs and gangs and urban decay, which could be commoditized to push rap album sales, etc., which horrified old-school blacks like Bill Cosby and Clarence Thomas. Likewise, that culture holds no appeal for 1st-gen African immigrants who are typically highly educated, possessing PHDs, have a history of elite professional employment. But then, to the horror of their parents, 2nd gen Africans very often fall for that culture. So you have to admit it has a certain level of magnetism.

In China social discipline and cohesion is important, so the reports of the Nigerian who bit the nurse was shocking, even if it's recognized as an outlier case. But the dozens of Nigerians who make every effort to evade testing are not outliers, and they threaten the painstaking progress we have made in suppressing the pandemic. So the boot has to come down. We can't help but be wary of them if they are also under the spell of US neoliberal black culture, concerned only about self-gratification, and disregarding all social obligations and the collective welfare.

Racism = Prejudice + Power, so it doesn't apply to us.

LOL! I guess that gives a green light to some person from Yemen to stand in the middle of a busy market in China uttering every nasty epithet he can think of at every family strolling by with their kids.

He can reply:
"Sorry your scorn doesn't apply to me you @#$$ %$# %$##...so you just keep walking, mind your own %$%% business, and take it"

Last edited:
111 Africans in Guangzhou test positive for COVID-19
Source: Xinhua | 2020-04-14 11:01:27 | Editor: huaxia

GUANGZHOU, April 14 (Xinhua) -- A total of 111 African people in Guangzhou, capital of south China's Guangdong Province, had been tested positive for COVID-19 by Monday, local authorities said.

Among them, 19 were imported confirmed cases, Chen Zhiying, executive vice mayor of Guangzhou, said late Monday.

All of them, including asymptomatic cases, were being treated, he said.

A total of 4,553 African people in the metropolis had undergone nucleic acid testing since April 4, Chen said.

"Timely identifying COVID-19 cases based on proactive screening is an important measure to ensure the safety of the lives and health of African people in Guangzhou," said Tang Xiaoping, director of the Guangzhou municipal health commission.

Chen Yongqiu, deputy chief of the city's public security bureau, said in the recent epidemic prevention and control work, the isolation and nucleic acid testing measures for Africans in Guangzhou fully followed previous measures for Chinese citizens and other foreigners.

"We arranged the same designated hotels and personnel for Africans when they were quarantined, without any racial or national discrimination," Chen said.

According to the data provided by the city's health commission, Guangzhou had reported a total of 119 imported COVID-19 cases by Sunday. Among them, 25 were foreigners and 94 were Chinese. Of the 25 foreign patients, 19 were from Africa.
Africa? what country in Africa?

Good to know Africa has already achieved Herd Immunity.

Unlike the stupid USA which has a Laissez faire approach to everything, China will redeveloped those areas to be useful.

Why no white , Latino or arabs or south east Asian bite , choke nurse and refuse quarantine during these period in China? But blacks only?

The Chinese do not purposely target any races but too many incident of these group misbehaviour in China despite their number are still far lower than amount of whites and North East/south Asian in China.

Deport these criminals if they can’t follow local laws. Africans do criminal acts and cry racism. Kick them out!
China need to have tougher law, shooting anybody infected with covid-19 on spot who refuse quarantine.

Back
Top Bottom