What's new

11 Ways History Comes To Life At Pakistan’s First Wax Museum!

Faizan Qadeer

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Almost all of us have listed visiting Madame Tussauds on our bucket list. So until our savings are enough or we get that much needed break from work, we have a brilliant Pakistani wax museum that definitely merits a visit.

Located near the Pakistan Monument in Islamabad, the Islamabad Wax Museum features beautiful depictions of our history in wax.

Aftab Changezi, the sculptor, has encapsulated famous historical moments and people, dating back to the 14th century.

Here's a walk down the history lane for you:

1. Amir Taimur

Known more commonly as Timur or Tamerlane, he was the founder of the great Timurid Empire in Central Asia and Persia.

w1.jpg

2. The Mughal Era

w2.jpg

The detailing here is admirable; it captures the lifestyle of the Mughals aptly, from their clothing to their articles.

3. The War Of Independence

w3.jpg

The British soldiers versus the locals; a depiction of the battle.

4. Allama Iqbal, the great poet himself

w4.jpg

5. Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah

w5.jpg

The Quaid is seen addressing the Muslims at Manto Park, March 1940. The Pakistan Resolution was passed on this occasion.

6. Muhammad Ali Jinnah with his sister, Fatima Jinnah

w6a.jpg

w6b.jpg

7. Muhammad Ali Jinnah with Mahatma Gandhi
w7.jpg

They also have a defence equipment display corner where they run documentries on hit,kamra and ksew
Big mortar rounds,modeps of tanks,army trucks are on display
@Jonah Arthur
There is a room here where they have petsonal belongings of Allama Iqbal on display which include his shoes,sofa and his grocery list :D
@Ammara Chaudhry @MaarKhoor @django
They also have a cinema room where they run documentries on Pakistan movement and a room where they have displayed stone portraits(i forgot what they are called) of famous personality by this sculptor whose name i dont remember

Almost all of us have listed visiting Madame Tussauds on our bucket list. So until our savings are enough or we get that much needed break from work, we have a brilliant Pakistani wax museum that definitely merits a visit.

Located near the Pakistan Monument in Islamabad, the Islamabad Wax Museum features beautiful depictions of our history in wax.

Aftab Changezi, the sculptor, has encapsulated famous historical moments and people, dating back to the 14th century.

Here's a walk down the history lane for you:

1. Amir Taimur

Known more commonly as Timur or Tamerlane, he was the founder of the great Timurid Empire in Central Asia and Persia.

View attachment 285192

2. The Mughal Era

View attachment 285193
The detailing here is admirable; it captures the lifestyle of the Mughals aptly, from their clothing to their articles.

3. The War Of Independence

View attachment 285194
The British soldiers versus the locals; a depiction of the battle.

4. Allama Iqbal, the great poet himself

View attachment 285195

5. Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah

View attachment 285196
The Quaid is seen addressing the Muslims at Manto Park, March 1940. The Pakistan Resolution was passed on this occasion.

6. Muhammad Ali Jinnah with his sister, Fatima Jinnah

View attachment 285197

View attachment 285198

7. Muhammad Ali Jinnah with Mahatma Gandhi

View attachment 285199

Very impressive.

I'm planning to visit Islamabad this time on my visit to Pakistan. I gotta go there too. Fascinated look.

wow, i didn't know museum had this type of things inside .
Impressive i must say.

Too bad i went to Monument twice but got late to visit museum :(
Gotta go again now just to visit the museum.

But Museums here need to put a little more effort in detailing. Infact detailing would require a lot more effort.

I have seen historical statues at other places with quite wrong costumes and the quality of costumes itself was too bad.
Quaid's and Fatima Jinnah's statue face is quite weird :/

THat mughal empire lady looks quite good though (Y)

They also have a defence equipment display corner where they run documentries on hit,kamra and ksew
Big mortar rounds,modeps of tanks,army trucks are on display
@Jonah Arthur
There is a room here where they have petsonal belongings of Allama Iqbal on display which include his shoes,sofa and his grocery list :D
@Ammara Chaudhry @MaarKhoor @django
They also have a cinema room where they run documentries on Pakistan movement and a room where they have displayed stone portraits(i forgot what they are called) of famous personality by this sculptor whose name i dont remember
It is one of the best museum i visited so far especially state of the art cinema and the Location.

Back
Top Bottom