What's new

11 dead, 89 injured in E China train derailment

Indian Rail has had 3 major train accidents in the last 45 days of slow, old trains. It also has the world's worst safety record for slow, old trains. Maybe operating slow, old trains is too sophisticated for Indians and there is no shame in inviting foreign assistance in operating all of Indian Rail. Consider importing 100,000 foreign workers for the job.

I meant no disrespect for the Chinese. I made this comment based on the example of Dubai metro's operation being handed over to a British company for a specific time period as Emaratis have no experience in handling a metro.

But your twisted mind considered it as an insult and you cannot resist from taking pot shots at India.

Operating bullet train is a highly specialized job and Japan, Germany & France are the leaders in that field. So there is no shame in China inviting any one of them to operate your HSR until you get the hang of it.

Its just a one off accident. They are running hundreds of High speed train services every day for the past couple of years without any major accident. Which is pretty good track record. And not to forget that Germany and France has had high speed train accidents in the past too.

Its just a one off accident. They are running hundreds of High speed train services every day for the past couple of years without any major accident. Which is pretty good track record. And not to forget that Germany and France has had high speed train accidents in the past too.

TGV have had accidents but no fatalities
the German ICE though is number one in terms of HSR fatalities

I meant no disrespect for the Chinese. I made this comment based on the example of Dubai metro's operation being handed over to a British company for a specific time period as Emaratis have no experience in handling a metro.

But your twisted mind considered it as an insult and you cannot resist from taking pot shots at India.

If you weren't trying to be a d!ck, then you have my apologies.

Next time a jetliner crashes, I hope no one tells that country operating a Boeing/Airbus is too sophisticated for them and to seek foreign assistance.

But they are also operating it for decades.

just got this sad news waking up this morning...

May the dead R.I.P

Now bring on the firing squad! :angry:

And WTF has made and maintained this signal system? All trains close by in a line should have had been put into Full Stop automatically whenever a slightest problem occurs with any one of them! :hitwall:

;

Next time a jetliner crashes, I hope no one tells that country operating a Boeing/Airbus is too sophisticated for them and to seek foreign assistance.

Operating airlines involves adhering to international safety regulations of many organizations like IATA,FAA etc. If you don't adhere to it, both the aircraft and the airlines will be banned from operating . Also Boeing/Airbus aircrafts are either send to their factories or their approved maintenance centres for their periodical maintenance .Only qualified personals are allowed to touch it and not every Tom,Dick or Harry can do maintenance on them. So no matter who operates it, there is uniformity in its operation. Only the company management is different. This cannot be said about the railways.

just got this sad news waking up this morning...

May the dead R.I.P

Now bring on the firing squad! :angry:

And WTF has made and maintained this signal system? All trains close by in a line should have had been put into Full Stop automatically whenever a slightest problem occurs with any one of them! :hitwall:

;

This is from msnbc:

The total power failure rendered useless an electronic safety system designed to warn following trains of stalled trains on the tracks up ahead, and automatically halt them before a collision can occur, the report added.

China bullet train derails, 32 killed - World news - Asia-Pacific - China - msnbc.com

RIP

Friends are talking about the accident. these old trains are made by Kawasaki-CSR JV in 2004, not CSR own product CHR380 serials. and these trains are not high speed trains as spoken.

Minister of railroad would for sure to be replaced again.

There should be some serious investigation going on!!!

It is the di.cks who did not understand me.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom