What's new

11 dead, 89 injured in E China train derailment

Sad news. I think the world needs better engineers and lesser leaders/politicians.

We need someone to stand up and take responsibility.

RIP to the dead.

Accidents are accidents which should be prevented.

Before you continue your tirade, whether to pay attention to the facts? Of course, I know you like a crab, like to spit out the foam. But I think it is worthless, you can also save the use of it

Did you say anything constructive?

Or are you informing us you are alive and kicking by purvey total bilge water and tripe?

Do let your frustration not show.

I am aware of the facts and my mind is not clouded by deceit to show all is well!

Don't be ninny. If you have anything to state on my post, then please do so.

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men. But it should not be made into a practice.

Did you say anything constructive?

Or are you informing us you are alive and kicking by purvey total bilge water and tripe?

Do let your frustration not show.

I am aware of the facts and my mind is not clouded by deceit to show all is well!

Don't be ninny. If you have anything to state on my post, then please do so.

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men. But it should not be made into a practice.

Use facts to tell you that you completely ignorant, but easy to open your mouth, it is not constructive? I know you like a long-winded, but that is not constructive, because it does not really content, just long nonsense.

Where did you hear those craps???

Under-performance is not the same as corruption.

Under-performance will cause you lose the job and get demoted.

Corruption will cause you to be prosecuted by the law. Different level of corruption will get you different kind of sentence.

Well I heard stories of underperforming , corrupt ministers being send to 'Re-education Camp'(Labour Camp) or executed in China just like what your govt did to that guy responsible for the baby food poisoning.

[video]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/25/china-train-crash-impacts-entire-nation_n_908842.html[/video]

This is a video. It also states that the trains are not supposed to run at such high speed as is being run by the Chinese.

The stocks of the Chinese Railway Construction company has fallen in the Shanghai and Hong Kong Stock market indicating a loss of confidence.

China's effort to muzzle news of train crash sparks outcry

BEIJING | Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:27am EDT

(Reuters) - Government directives demanding journalists not question official accounts of a deadly high-speed train crash in eastern China are fueling public anger and suspicion about conflicting details of the accident, such as the death toll.......

Saturday night's crash killed at least 38 people and was China's deadliest rail disaster since 2008, .......

The central propaganda department issued directives to media on Sunday for coverage of the accident.

"The major theme for the Wenzhou bullet train case from now on will be known as 'in the face of great tragedy, there's great love'," the department said, according to a copy of the directives posted on a web site called the "ministry of truth", that regularly posts copies of government orders.

"Do not question, do not elaborate."

Reporters with state media who saw the directives confirmed to Reuters the propaganda department's media guidance on the crash.

The department also told media not to "investigate the cause of the accident", and reminded journalists that "the word from the authorities is all-prevailing".

Accounts of the media controls soon found their way onto the Internet, sparking debate and demands from ordinary Chinese for answers to questions not found in the official accounts.

"We have the right to know the truth!" wrote one microblogger called kangfu xiaodingdang. "That's our basic right!"

Compounding the problem, the state-run Xinhua news agency said late on Sunday that eight additional bodies had been found, bringing the death toll to 43. But a Railways Ministry spokesman then said the total figure was actually 35........

Seeking to assuage public anger, the government sacked three middle-level railway officials on Sunday. The media directives appear to show a government hoping to contain the outrage.

Any attempt to link the crash to the reliability of China's much feted high-speed rail system was off-limits, according to the department.

"UP TO STANDARD"

The Railways Ministry says it is investigating the cause of the accident. State media has said a bullet train hit another express which lost power following a lightning strike, adding that the power failure knocked out an electronic safety system designed to alert trains about stalled locomotives on the line.

At a morgue in Wenzhou, near the crash site in eastern Zhejiang province, a crowd of people who gathered on Monday to identify the dead demanded answers.

"The first train had stopped due to a fault. So how can the other train which was driving through be involved in such an accident?" said 53-year-old Shi Zhengxiang, whose son-in-law was killed in the crash.

Despite the directives, Chinese journalists chased after the Railways Ministry spokesman, Wang Yongping, after he tried to slip away after a 45-minute briefing on Sunday.

"There will be many people who think that this is a safety problem caused by high-speed rail itself," Wang said. "I should still say to society that China's high-speed rail technology is up to date, up to standard, and we still have faith in it."

But reporters were not satisfied.

"You promised you would answer all the questions," one reporter shouted, as Wang hurried down a stairwell.

China has called for openness and accountability since being criticized for a bid to suppress information about an outbreak of the deadly SARS virus, which contributed to the disease's eventual spread to 8,000 people around the world.

Li Datong, a former journalist sacked for challenging censorship, said the government was imposing controls whenever there was a disaster, which would only fuel public suspicion.

"People don't trust anything the government says anymore," Li told Reuters. "They think that whatever they say is a lie. There is no confidence in state media.

China's effort to muzzle news of train crash sparks outcry | Reuters

The Chinese are naturally worried and quite unhappy that the Govt version does not appear very credible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom