What's new

$10b spent annually to hire foreign execs for MNCs in BD

In India with 1 lakh Rupee you can by Tara nano. Can you do the same in Bangladesh. A card cost minimum 20-30 lakh taka plus 70% require down payment. Government does it intentionally to reduce car ownership.

That is exactly what I was going to tell this guy.

Sitting in India they have no clue on what people drive in Bangladesh. Tata Nano - no self-respecting Bangladeshi buyer wouldn't touch that thing with a ten foot pole. :lol:

I'm sorry - not even saying this with any malice, this is just fact.

Anytime some cheap trash 'car' (I wouldn't call those things safe transports) under 3 lakh pricepoint gets released in India, there is unbelievable excitement - because that is what most middle class Indians aspire to. There is no market for these cars in Bangladesh.

Take a look at Indian market, these are only a very small step up from an autorickshaw....with death trap design and sheetmetal thinner than paper. People in India routinely get killed in these things because their frames have the structural integrity of a paper-bag. Take a look,

Some Indian cars are totally banned from operating in European roads. But who cares about that in India, Indian lives don't matter, their govt. doesn't give a sh*t.....

More importantly, marketwise and pricewise, their car market is a race to the bottom. Some upper middle class Indians are notoriously cheap (kanjoos) and they won't even spend money on buying a car sometimes although they could very well afford it. Buses and trains are their staple transportation.

Datsun redi-GO
iu

Bajaj Qute at Rs. 60,000(Damn - nice mag wheels) :lol:
iu

re60_090713111110.jpg

Magazines in India routinely run stories like,

Five cheapest cars in India

Small cars in India under 3 lakh

Because this is their market and this is what they buy. No one in Bangladesh will be caught dead in being seen in and to show up somewhere in disposable trash like this.

Last edited:
$10b spent to hire foreign execs for MNCs in BD
FE Report | Published: May 05, 2019 10:19:32

1557029972.jpg
Picture used for illustrative purpose only — Collected

The country requires to spend US$ 10 billion worth of foreign currencies annually for hiring mid and top level executives especially in multinational companies (MNCs).

This is mainly because the required manpower could not be created in the country.

The observations came at a lecture series titled 'Leadership at the Top of Corporate Houses' organised by Dhaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI) Business Institute at the auditorium of the trade body office on Saturday.

"At the mid and top level of the multinational companies in the country most of them are foreigners. The country has to spend US $ 10 billion annually for them," senior vice-president of DCCI Waqar Ahmad Choudhury said.

"We could not create the required number of local expert people. As a result we have to spend a huge amount of money," he said.

He said that there were few local people who are serving in the top positions of the multinational companies in the country.

He stressed the need to groom local talent by keeping pace with the demand in the fast changing world.

He said that the DCCI Business Institute (DBI) had been working for the country's private sector development.

Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Robi Axiata Ltd Mahtab Uddin Ahmed in his inspirational speech said if a person has firm determination, honesty and dedication, he must succeed.

He advised young entrepreneurs and officials of corporate houses to serve with utmost sincerity and dedication for the betterment of the people and the country.

He called upon the young generation to equip themselves well to face the present global challenges by shunning the traditional mentality.

He stressed the need for quality of leadership.

He urged the young generation to use new technologies to develop their personal skill and quality.

"Every changes give us some prospects and we must utilise the chances," he said.

DCCI vice-president Imran Ahmed offered the vote of thanks.

Officials of different corporate houses and university graduates were present among others.

talhabinhabib@yahoo.com

https://thefinancialexpress.com.bd/trade/10b-spent-to-hire-foreign-execs-for-mncs-in-bd-1557029972
Are the salaries paid in dollars??
I seriously doubt

Govt. need to tax them and allow them to bring their family here. In that ways they will be spending most of their income inside Bangladesh, thus minimizing the loss. This hiring of foreign skilled work forces is not entirely a bad thing. We also getting their skilled labor, service. They are contributing to the growth of our economy. It is a give and take situation. But off course, ideal would have been if we were able to feel all our posts with the local skilled work forces only. But what else can be done when we have not enough local skilled man power? So it is the 2nd best option.
All salaries are taxable. It's only the business people who are given loopholes to exploit

Sorry to bust your bubble. Most BD people "tour" India for shopping and even basic medical check up.. Especially Kolkata and WB.. Even though I consider Kolkata as shitty city, its way better than Dhaka regarding transportation and public transit... And Kolkata itself had more car registrations than the entire country of Bangladesh...

This is not to brag.. But stating the facts.. A few years back Indians were buying less cars than the whole of UK... Now India is the third largest automobile market... The time will come and as such will reflect in statistics when it comes...

There is hardly any private cars in Kolkata, all you would find in the streets there are some tiny yellow cabs based on 50s design. Dhaka is a much bigger city with far greater car ownership. I would say number of active private cars in Dhaka would be even higher than Mumbai proper. Most of Dhaka's main streets are 6-8 lanes wide yet it has the worst traffic in the world.

The reason behind India's far greater number of car ownership than Bangladesh is because in Bangladesh, private cars are mainly owned in the few big cities like Dhaka, Chittagong, Sylhet etc., while in India, car ownership has reached even the tier 2, tier3 cities or in some cases even the villages. A lot of factors are involved here, most notably the super-high tariffs on cars in Bangladesh and also lack of proper roads and highways beyond the cities or the lack of security for individual assets.

That is exactly what I was going to tell this guy.

Sitting in India they have no clue on what people drive in Bangladesh. Tata Nano - no self-respecting Bangladeshi buyer wouldn't touch that thing with a ten foot pole. :lol:

I'm sorry - not even saying this with any malice, this is just fact.

Anytime some cheap trash 'car' (I wouldn't call those things safe transports) under 3 lakh pricepoint gets released in India, there is unbelievable excitement - because that is what most middle class Indians aspire to. There is no market for these cars in Bangladesh.

Take a look at Indian market, these are only a very small step up from an autorickshaw....with death trap design and sheetmetal thinner than paper. People in India routinely get killed in these things because their frames have the structural integrity of a paper-bag. Take a look,

Some Indian cars are totally banned from operating in European roads. But who cares about that in India, Indian lives don't matter, their govt. doesn't give a sh*t.....

More importantly, marketwise and pricewise, their car market is a race to the bottom. Some upper middle class Indians are notoriously cheap (kanjoos) and they won't even spend money on buying a car sometimes although they could very well afford it. Buses and trains are their staple transportation.

Datsun redi-GO
iu

Bajaj Qute at Rs. 60,000(Damn - nice mag wheels) :lol:
iu

re60_090713111110.jpg

Magazines in India routinely run stories like,

Five cheapest cars in India

Small cars in India under 3 lakh

Because this is their market and this is what they buy. No one in Bangladesh will be caught dead in being seen in and to show up somewhere in disposable trash like this.

Now have a good cry at what Bangladesh still wont be doing in 50 years lol:

If you want to import at the standards we already export to Europe, Japan, Australia (and also increasingly improve locally)....feel free to design them that for yourselves.

https://www.indiatimes.com/technolo...ional-five-star-crash-test-rating-358141.html

https://www.cartoq.com/7-affordable...at-are-super-safe-tata-nexon-to-jeep-compass/

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/india-ma...-3-star-rating-global-ncap-crash-test-1942017

But you prefer to be more kanjoosi than us haha (just looking at total you can buy)....what is slave of a kanjoosi called anyway?

Buy 20k used crappy clunkers and then say its because taxes are too high.:rofl:

BD doesnt even have a safety worthiness standard in first place....not smart or developed enough.

1000 fatalities per 100,000 vehicles :o::

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

There is hardly any private cars in Kolkata, all you would find in the streets there are some tiny yellow cabs based on 50s design. Dhaka is a much bigger city with far greater car ownership. I would say number of active private cars in Dhaka would be even higher than Mumbai proper. Most of Dhaka's main streets are 6-8 lanes wide yet it has the worst traffic in the world.

The reason behind India's far greater number of car ownership than Bangladesh is because in Bangladesh, private cars are mainly owned in the few big cities like Dhaka, Chittagong, Sylhet etc., while in India, car ownership has reached even the tier 2, tier3 cities or in some cases even the villages. A lot of factors are involved here, most notably the super-high tariffs on cars in Bangladesh and also lack of proper roads and highways beyond the cities or the lack of security for individual assets.

Lol... Does that mean Indian - Mumbai and Kolkata poor people can buy cars which even rich or middle class persons in Dhaka cannot? WTH you are smoking... Oh pls.. Do not try even to compare with Kolkata, now you are comparing yourselves with Mumbai? Do you even know the Mumbai GTA GDP? Its around 250B dollars.. Its larger than many Indian states and BD...

Do you know the import taxes for new cars in India? Its a whopping 125%. So not only BD has this issue. If BD is not able to local assemble or manufacture cars its not our concern. The point is BD has lower registrations for new cars as whole than the city of Kolkata. If you are ashamed about it, its not my concern nor stats lie.
@Nilgiri Did you see this gem? Dhaka has more private car reg than Mumbai... I am sure Trichy has more registrations than BD..

In India with 1 lakh Rupee you can by Tara nano. Can you do the same in Bangladesh. A card cost minimum 20-30 lakh taka plus 70% require down payment. Government does it intentionally to reduce car ownership.

See how can be that my concern? That's not the thread is about.. Tata Nano for your info price was jacked upto 3 lakh INR and it still failed even at around 1lakh INR. Its a autowallah engine strapped to a car body, a reason for its failure..

With better statistics now available, remittence from BD to India is around 1B. That's a fact. 4B dollar amount is a speculation. Simple.

Lol... Does that mean Indian - Mumbai and Kolkata poor people can buy cars which even rich or middle class persons in Dhaka cannot? WTH you are smoking... Oh pls.. Do not try even to compare with Kolkata, now you are comparing yourselves with Mumbai? Do you even know the Mumbai GTA GDP? Its around 250B dollars.. Its larger than many Indian states and BD...

Do you know the import taxes for new cars in India? Its a whopping 125%. So not only BD has this issue. If BD is not able to local assemble or manufacture cars its not our concern. The point is BD has lower registrations for new cars as whole than the city of Kolkata. If you are ashamed about it, its not my concern nor stats lie.
@Nilgiri Did you see this gem? Dhaka has more private car reg than Mumbai... I am sure Trichy has more registrations than BD..

Lol, idiot can't even differentiate between Nominal and PPP figures and talking about economics here while pulling out fake stats from their arse. :lol:

Kolkata is not even a big city like Dhaka, a person who has traveled to both the cities could easily confirm it. There is hardly any private cars in Kolkata streets while streets in Dhaka are full of them.

Comparing Mumbai with Dhaka only makes sense because of the stature of two cities. What I said, is active number of private cars in Dhaka would be more than that of Mumbai because of the sheer traffic in Dhaka despite it having mostly 6-8 lanes wide main streets.

If you don't understand logic or have comprehension issues, don't participate in the discussion to make a fool out of yourself.

Datsun redi GO is a failure. Sales of around 25K per year.
Tata Nano is dead. 500 odd sold in 2018. None is 2019.
Qute too has near 0 sales.

Tata Nano with all its safety features was allowed to be sold in Bangladesh by your government.

Lol, idiot can't even differentiate between Nominal and PPP figures and talking about economics here while pulling out fake stats from their arse. :lol:

Kolkata is not even a big city like Dhaka, a person who has traveled to both the cities could easily confirm it. There is hardly any private cars in Kolkata streets while streets in Dhaka are full of them.

Comparing Mumbai with Dhaka only makes sense because of the stature of two cities. What I said, is active number of private cars in Dhaka would be more than that of Mumbai because of the sheer traffic in Dhaka despite it having mostly 6-8 lanes wide main streets.

If you don't understand logic or have comprehension issues, don't participate in the discussion to make a fool out of yourself.

Are you an idiot? Hey traffic is more on my street cos more people own cars... Only incapables will such an foolish arguement when one tries to talk with facts..

You want facts? Have it...

Showing 2016 data.. Total number of cars registered till 2015 is 2.5m. TIll 2016 is 2.8m. 3 lakh new cars were registered in 2015-16 in Mumbai.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/666663/total-number-of-vehicles-in-mumbai-india/

https://www.ceicdata.com/en/bangladesh/motor-vehicle-registered/motor-vehicle-registered-dhaka-total

Now that's Dhaka's number for the same year.. 29 thousand new registrations... And Dhaka has 500,000 autorikshas.. I am sorry, if that's defined as a car in BD, but in India and rest of the world its not...

So yes, Mumbai itself has 10 times more motor vehicle registrations than Dhaka does in a year..

I will show you another interesting thing..

https://www.mapsofindia.com/top-ten-cities-of-india/top-ten-highest-no-of-car-ownership.html

Private car ownerships.. Mumbai isnt even in Top 3 in India.. Delhi is followed by Bangalore and Chennai in private car ownerships..

Just cos you have an population equal to Tokyo doesnt mean Dhaka can compare itself to Tokyo... Or in this case even Mumbai.. FIrst overtake Mumbai's GDP then you can talk of overtaking Mumbai's total registrations of motor vehicles..

These Indian's should be immediately kicked out of our country. We have more than enough eligible employees to handle the day to day task of these mncs.

As a matter of fact now a days it has become a fashion for many private companies to hire foreign candidates even when they don't even need it. These losers believe that foreign executives somehow echances the reputation of their companies.

Are you an idiot? Hey traffic is more on my street cos more people own cars... Only incapables will such an foolish arguement when one tries to talk with facts..

You want facts? Have it...

Showing 2016 data.. Total number of cars registered till 2015 is 2.5m. TIll 2016 is 2.8m. 3 lakh new cars were registered in 2015-16 in Mumbai.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/666663/total-number-of-vehicles-in-mumbai-india/

https://www.ceicdata.com/en/bangladesh/motor-vehicle-registered/motor-vehicle-registered-dhaka-total

Now that's Dhaka's number for the same year.. 29 thousand new registrations... And Dhaka has 500,000 autorikshas.. I am sorry, if that's defined as a car in BD, but in India and rest of the world its not...

So yes, Mumbai itself has 10 times more motor vehicle registrations than Dhaka does in a year..

I will show you another interesting thing..

https://www.mapsofindia.com/top-ten-cities-of-india/top-ten-highest-no-of-car-ownership.html

Private car ownerships.. Mumbai isnt even in Top 3 in India.. Delhi is followed by Bangalore and Chennai in private car ownerships..

Just cos you have an population equal to Tokyo doesnt mean Dhaka can compare itself to Tokyo... Or in this case even Mumbai.. FIrst overtake Mumbai's GDP then you can talk of overtaking Mumbai's total registrations of motor vehicles..

Dumbass, understand the difference between total number of motor vehicles and number of motor vehicles added in a year. You took the number of motor vehicles added in 2017 of Dhaka and compared it with the cumulative total number of motor vehicles in Mumbai, just like the nitwits you Indians are.

In any case, I have never talked about registered cars rather 'active' cars which ply regularly on streets. Streets in Indian cities are not even as wide as Dhaka.

Now don't waste my time if you don't even have the required IQ to understand the texts.

Last edited:
Datsun redi GO is a failure. Sales of around 25K per year.
Tata Nano is dead. 500 odd sold in 2018. None is 2019.
Qute too has near 0 sales.

Tata Nano with all its safety features was allowed to be sold in Bangladesh by your government.

Yeah allowing something to be sold and actual sales are two different things. They may have sold a couple dozen in a year and yes - we do have our share of idiots who do buy garbage (having more money than sense) and then have second thought later.

By the way the GENX Nano is priced locally at three times what it sells in India. New cars will command duties which reconditioned cars don't. But spending money on a Nano-sized car is seen as,
  1. Unsafe in crashes, horribly so, using thin gauge sheetmetal which starts to rust prematurely
  2. Mechanically and electrically unreliable
  3. Having poor value-for-money (bang for buck) space and comfort-wise
  4. Having poor resale value, and most importantly,
  5. Not having enough prestige cachet - even compared to reconditioned Japanese market vehicles
Basic starter cars are Toyota Corolla, Toyota Corona Premio and if one wants a van, Toyota Noah. They are known as dead-reliable in all of the Asian markets, and are known quantities, with parts available all over Bangladesh. Very few people stock parts except for Commercial people carrier Mini pickups that are Tata products.

Dumbass, understand the difference between total number of motor vehicles and number of motor vehicles added in a year. You took the number of motor vehicles added in 2017 of Dhaka and compared it with the cumulative total number of motor vehicles in Mumbai, just like the nitwits you Indians are.

In any case, I have never talked about registered cars rather 'active' cars which ply regularly on streets. Streets in Indian cities are not even as wide as Dhaka.

Now don't waste my time if you don't even have the required IQ to understand the texts.

Since you dont have the brains to understand I clearly explained. THe total number of vehicles registered in Mumbai in 2015 is 2.5m... The total no registered in 2016 is 2.8m. Increase of 3 lakh motor vehicle registration in one year.. Understood it dumbass? Or is even Mathematics so poor in bangladesh that do i need to do a presentation like officials do for Trump?

Dumbos of highest order.. Geez... No wonder companies are hiring Indians and expats like anything.......

See how can be that my concern? That's not the thread is about.. Tata Nano for your info price was jacked upto 3 lakh INR and it still failed even at around 1lakh INR. Its a autowallah engine strapped to a car body, a reason for its failure..

With better statistics now available, remittence from BD to India is around 1B. That's a fact. 4B dollar amount is a speculation. Simple.

Dont bother, maybe 1 - 2 sane bangladeshis (that dont post much here) actually understand what an excise tax or import tariff is and why its a poor miserable excuse to use for low consumption of an item....given if the argument is restrict consumption of something locally, you can simply impose that locally on consumer side (final car sales tax, parking cost, quota bidding etc) even by class of vehicle.....yet impose no penalty on the industry itself like with excise/tariff (tariff on auto part is especially bad for example since you are physically taxing the MVA assembly line worker in the end from having a job in first place)...and thus they can actually target markets with exports etc.

This is so common sense to any country to do, but Bangladesh doesn't....because essentially its a scam country of status quo (with RMG only). Monoliths (in politics) prefer other monoliths (in economy).

I also posted the actual total revenue of transport industry between india and BD (given taxes/subsidies are all baked into the final amount)....there was no response after that either.

This was a thread on how Indian cheats and liers (as is typical) fake their accomplishments to snag good jobs in Bangladesh and remit billions to India (we should actually focus on this).

Now Indian trolls are trying to derail the topic by posting some garbage stats on how Indian car market is better than Bangladesh. Number-wise of course, it is a much larger country and the stats will be larger. Indians mainly ride around in flimsy death-trap automobiles barely worthy of the name.

With one Bangladeshi market car, you could buy and register Three/Four Indian market cars. Get it into your thick heads trolls.

There are tons of these sub 3-lakh Rupees 'cars' (if you can call it that) being bought and registered all over India. That is their market - so fine, be happy with it.

Just don't try to compare Indian car market with Bangladeshi car market. Bangladeshis don't buy, much less drive Indian-made garbage private cars. Indians have been trying for three decades - hasn't worked yet.

Arguing about this or proving a point here (given the lack of exposure some of these lower middle class Indians have) is futile.

If India is so fricking great, don't come looking for jobs in Bangladesh, stay the f*ck in India where your comfort level is. No one is putting a gun to your head. End of story.

Since you dont have the brains to understand I clearly explained. THe total number of vehicles registered in Mumbai in 2015 is 2.5m... The total no registered in 2016 is 2.8m. Increase of 3 lakh motor vehicle registration in one year.. Understood it dumbass? Or is even Mathematics so poor in bangladesh that do i need to do a presentation like officials do for Trump?

Dumbos of highest order.. Geez... No wonder companies are hiring Indians and expats like anything.......

Again, for the last time, your stat about Mumbai is for cumulative motor vehicle registration for all the years, while the stat for Dhaka your link carries is for motor vehicle registration in individual years which you misinterpreted as cumulative number. If you still don't understand, then I accept it's beyond my ability to argue with you.

This was a thread on how Indian cheats and liers (as is typical) fake their accomplishments to snag good jobs in Bangladesh and remit billions to India (we should actually focus on this).

Now Indian trolls are trying to derail the topic by posting some garbage stats on how Indian car market is better than Bangladesh. Number-wise of course, it is a much larger country and the stats will be larger. Indians mainly ride around in flimsy death-trap automobiles barely worthy of the name.

With one Bangladeshi market car, you could buy and register Three/Four Indian market cars. Get it into your thick heads trolls.

There are tons of these sub 3-lakh Rupees 'cars' (if you can call it that) being bought and registered all over India. That is their market - so fine, be happy with it.

Just don't try to compare Indian car market with Bangladeshi car market. Bangladeshis don't buy, much less drive Indian-made garbage private cars. Indians have been trying for three decades - hasn't worked yet.

Arguing about this or proving a point here (given the lack of exposure some of these lower middle class Indians have) is futile.

If India is so fricking great, don't come looking for jobs in Bangladesh, stay the f*ck in India where your comfort level is. No one is putting a gun to your head. End of story.

Just remind them of how down-market they were during the license raj with no consumer choices at all.

Despite the restrictions on car ownership, we still have some class.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom