What's new

101 Things to do in India

The title should have been 101 things to do in North/Northeast India - Went through the first 50 lists - none literally from South India. :disagree:

4th one is bike trip in Ladakh ! Thats not NE !

tell us more about that rafting experience ! I also did that 32 Km rafting in rishikesh last to last year. It was an amazing experience ! i would however ask you to share details of your adventure. Sounds interesting ! :)
Well, that was way back in 1987 in March when we decided to launch our expedition from Rudraprayag, rafting down to Devprayag and ending at Rishikesh with a night halt at Shivpuri on the beach side. (Earlier river rafting was allowed only from Shivpuri to Rishikesh).

Training was for 3 days at Shivpuri that included swimming in the ice cold waters of the Ganges!! That really sucked! :sick: After this we proceeded with our three dinghies to Rudraprayag and launched into the first grade 4 rapid near the start point!! Drenched to our bones in ice cold water we reached Shivpuri in the evening after negotiating a number of rapids on the way. On reaching Shivpuri, we lit up a huge bonfire and struck up some tunes on the guitar and sang away the night with beer, roast chicken and tandoori rotis, on the narrow white sandy ‘beach’!

The next day we took off at daybreak and reached Rishikesh after negotiating a number of grade 2/3/4 rapids. One was a rapid named ‘Return to Sender’ which was a grade 5 monster. Here is where one of our dinghies went for a toss!! Jeeez! (Wasn’t mine! Thank God for small mercies!)

And that expedition was an adventure that one will never forget, ever!!

I did not say Ladakh as part of NE - I saw Assam in the top 50 of the list and mentioned NE.

Sashan, I agree the list is incomplete and one man's perception. There are definitely more than 101 things to do in India. The guy spent most of his time at limited places and sharing his experience. It may not be the complete picture but a nice attempt.

Darjeeling: Don't forget to have Tea in mountains and have a chat with Tibetian momo’s at any small Tea shop here...

834.jpg

Thanks for sharing @OrionHunter. ACtually we didn't do anything much elaborate but we went for a trek to Gaumukh ( till bheem taal ) and on our returm journey to Delhi we did rafting as well.

The rafting experience was amazing \m/

I took bath right below the glacier in gaumukh where river ganges takes official birth. Even in July the water was bone chilling !

Last edited by a moderator:
The title should have been 101 things to do in North/Northeast India - Went through the first 50 lists - none literally from South India. :disagree:

Buddy, atleast 14/15 items are from South.

Nice list. Personally haven't been to the motherland that many times, though I am lucky this year to have an India wide trip planned as a graduation gift. Coming back to the list ...have to agree and disagree with Munnar, beautiful place, but hell to get to, especially if you have a fear of heights, and cannot stand the long winding roads up the mountains. But worth it once you're there, sitting with your old man or your friends and a glass of scotch watching the clouds swirl amongst the mountain/hill tops...:smitten:

Just realised i have done 8 things out of 101.....I am sure there are somany things more to do india than this list....

PS: Please ignore the trolls.... they have problem ..... Chemical Locha dimak mein.... :)

Nice list. Personally haven't been to the motherland that many times, though I am lucky this year to have an India wide trip planned as a graduation gift. Coming back to the list ...have to agree and disagree with Munnar, beautiful place, but hell to get to, especially if you have a fear of heights, and cannot stand the long winding roads up the mountains. But worth it once you're there, sitting with your old man or your friends and a glass of scotch watching the clouds swirl amongst the mountain/hill tops...:smitten:

If you are like waterfalls..... go during monsoon.... You can lot of waterfalls in munnar too..... If you are able to get to some private properties (home stay type) would be amazing.....

Just realised i have done 8 things out of 101.....I am sure there are somany things more to do india than this list....

PS: Please ignore the trolls.... they have problem ..... Chemical Locha dimak mein.... :)

Hehe, I got the same feeling when i read it. Did only 22-25 of them....

Funny how we always think that "Switzerland jana hai vegas jana hai, India to ghuma nahi pura". Sad

Hehe, I got the same feeling when i read it. Did only 22-25 of them....

Funny how we always think that "Switzerland jana hai vegas jana hai, India to ghuma nahi pura". Sad

The problem with us is we do not promote our own places properly.... There are few states does that.... Kerala, Gujarat & Assam.... If states promote tourism properly I am sure we may decide to see india before going abroad.....

The problem with us is we do not promote our own places properly.... There are few states does that.... Kerala, Gujarat & Assam.... If states promote tourism properly I am sure we may decide to see india before going abroad.....

Visited Kerala backwaters three months after I went to Hawaii - Felt Kerala backwaters is much more beautiful than Hawaii. My father mentioned he thought about Venice when he saw Kerala backwaters - each had their own perception but this was a place closer to where I was living and missed out all my life till I moved out of India.

Likewise another place - Hogenekkal falls - ethereal beauty.

Back
Top Bottom