What's new

10 Signs That You've Made It To Middle Class Status!

what are these in U.D dollar turns??
Well, rcmj, you'd have to factor in PPP - purchasing power parity - if you want to translate this into US dollars. Let's say you need to multiply all this by a factor of 3 (approx) for an equivalent level of a middle class in the US.

Come to south, i sponsor a bottle of vodka.

Food, air and vodka are the 3 essentials of life.

I am from South. You mean to say Vodka is the most recent trend nowadays in Kerala? I do not know the more recent trends(been outside of country for long) but I know it is used to be whiskey or rum in TN and similar in Kerala. And:blink: I did not get you about the air being essential in life.

I am from South. You mean to say Vodka is the most recent trend nowadays in Kerala? I do not know the more recent trends(been outside of country for long) but I know it is used to be whiskey or rum in TN and similar in Kerala. And:blink: I did not get you about the air being essential in life.

Rum and Brandy still rules. Vodka being more flexible with mixes and assured of more purity is the choice of the elites.

Also the lesser smell make it have better chance of not being caught at home. :azn:

Actually Thalapakattu is very famous nowadays !! I am still a non drinker , but plan to try once after new year :D :P
Between its true, have to bear, when my friends start drinking and the fun after that !!! :P

Thalapakattu seems to be the new trend in Chennai. But even today when I come to India, I do not covet fancy restaurants as I am a sucker for dhabhas or places likes like Ponnusamy in Chennai or Angappan in Coimbatore.

Bro - Good to hear that you do not drink.

I bought two 2-bedroom flats in Perungudi, 6 km away on the outskirts of Chennai in 2005 for Rs 12 lakhs each as no one wanted to buy anything out there. After the 6-lane IT highway came up in 2008, the area developed into an IT hub with swanky shopping centers, hospitals et al. I sold them for Rs 50 lakhs each in 2010!! That's more than a 400% appreciation within 5 years!!! :woot:

Now if that was not a jackpot, then I don't know what is! :victory:

Beware....................Income Tax will be after You...........................Hope you have paid tax computing long term capital gains...............

Thalapakattu seems to be the new trend in Chennai. But even today when I come to India, I do not covet fancy restaurants as I am a sucker for dhabhas or places likes like Ponnusamy in Chennai or Angappan in Coimbatore.

Do u mean anjappar? Man it sucks.
Yesterday, we went to many fancy hotels to try biryani, but rates were not in our price range.. one is 120, another is 140, another is 275 :azn:
Finally we had to settle for Thalapakattu at 70 !! Students are the most stingiest :D
U give a loan of 1000 and hell, u always expect ur friend to return it, even after completing the coll :P
This is a part of life :)

new trend, i was seeing small outlets all across chennai with Thalapakattu board since 6-7 years.

I tried that Madurai appu biriyani , not bad either.

Rum and Brandy still rules. Vodka being more flexible with mixes and assured of more purity is the choice of the elites.

Also the lesser smell make it have better chance of not being caught at home. :azn:

Bro - do you still have that issue - I mean now that you have your own job and family :D? Or are you quoting as a general trend?

I bought two 2-bedroom flats in Perungudi, 6 km away on the outskirts of Chennai in 2005 for Rs 12 lakhs each as no one wanted to buy anything out there. After the 6-lane IT highway came up in 2008, the area developed into an IT hub with swanky shopping centers, hospitals et al. I sold them for Rs 50 lakhs each in 2010!! That's more than a 400% appreciation within 5 years!!! :woot:

Now if that was not a jackpot, then I don't know what is! :victory:

Real estate prices were booming like any thing between 2005 and 2009, That era has gone. Now one can expect 15 to 20 % of appreciation per annum

Do u mean anjappar? Man it sucks.
Yesterday, we went to many fancy hotels to try biryani, but rates were not in our price range.. one is 120, another is 140, another is 275 :azn:
Finally we had to settle for Thalapakattu at 70 !! Students are the most stingiest :D
U give a loan of 1000 and hell, u always expect ur friend to return it, even after completing the coll :P
This is a part of life :)

Yeah Anjappar - And can't agree more on the highlighted. Still owe my friend who lives in California some 800 rs which I vividly remember but have pretended having forgotten then(waited for him to ask but he did not as he went away on a short-term work to UK then) - Bro-student life is the toughest - no money management - if you have 1000 rs(which I dont come across often and is huge for me during college days after my hostel bill have been paid for), you spend in a single day and for another 29 days it is all poverty - :lol:

If you have to pay mortgage then it will become difficult but doable. Going foreign trips will cost you 3 to 5 lacs easily for a family of four. I had to pay Rs. 6500 electricity bill this month.

I meant for a single guy like me with no Chin chans in the house 12 lakhs /annun is more than enough for these above mentioned points .

Beware....................Income Tax will be after You...........................Hope you have paid tax computing long term capital gains...............
Don't worry! I've bought two flats in North Bangalore with the money. So no capital gains tax! :victory: In fact I've spent more for buying these Bangalore flats than what I sold the Chennai houses for!

Cheers!

Bro - do you still have that issue - I mean now that you have your own job and family :D?
His wife is the one who wears the pants at home, being the Chief of Staff. No booze means NO BOOZE! Period! :lol: Yes sirrrrrrr!
salute_smiley.gif

Yeah Anjappar - And can't agree more on the highlighted. Still owe my friend who lives in California some 800 rs which I vividly remember but have pretended having forgotten then(waited for him to ask but he did not as he went away on a short-term work to UK then) - Bro-student life is the toughest - no money management - if you have 1000 rs(which I dont come across often and is huge for me during college days after my hostel bill have been paid for), you spend in a single day and for another 29 days it is all poverty - :lol:

Actually student life in India, helps us to cope up with management for the rest of our life. :) U manage with less money as student, and u can manage full life taking from experiences :)

Back
Top Bottom