What's new

10 Signs That You've Made It To Middle Class Status!

Home Ownership :- Ghar hi ghar hai :lol:

Automobile Ownership :- 2 caaarzzzz.

Health Coverage :- Nopes

Children’s Education :- Gf se bacche karne ka koi plan nahi hai

Plasma/LED/LCD TV 32” and above. :- Yup

Washing machine/dishwasher/clothes dryer/
computer/iPad or equivalent. :- Sab hai

Eating Out :- I more often than not eat in a highly reputed restaurant .

Vacations :- Went to germany for companies work , but I am not counting it .

Tax :- Hmmm

Club Membership :- Don't reside in a metro

If you’ve achieved these benchmarks, then
congrats! You’ve made it to the Middle Class

6/10 ......lol

1. Under Construction House but father owns a a single BD flat..
2. Considering the depreciation my car is not worth 4 lakhs (hyundai Getz)
3. Yes :), Recently but its a company insurance.
4. Not married yet :victory:
5. TV is above the specs
6. Oh Yes!
7. Ahem, yes.. Sad Hyderabad is very costly now :(
8. No, India only
9. Yes, paid 24k last year :(
10. Clubs... NO No no, Dont care for one, as yet :P

However, i must point out that these metrics is pretty useless for India especially where I live.. Hyd, A.P

I have friends who will qualify only one or two of the points listed here, but the kind of property and cash they hold is mind boggling.. They live a very simple life.

Most importantly they are not concerned which class they are in, if they have a bank balance of more than 10 crores - they buy a Merc C-Class, Audi or fortunner or the likes..

Also a fact, HYD is one of the cities with the highest number of imported and luxury segment cars!

you have to be super rich to own all of the above. lets say 20 lacs per year of income.

you have to be super rich to own all of the above. lets say 20 lacs per year of income.

No, but me and my family like to be more comfortable than sit on a bank a/c with loads and be grumbling all the time! :)

Home Ownership

Do you own a house whose value is between Rs 30 and 60 lakhs?

Yup. A house, a flat, a farmhouse and few properties

Automobile Ownership

Have a car that costs between Rs 4 and 10 lakhs?

A swift dezire already and a Mini SUV soon.

Health Coverage

A health insurance cover of at least Rs 10 lakhs?

Metlife, LIC and few others.

Children’s Education

Are your children studying in Public schools that charge between Rs75,000 and Rs 1 lakh per year as fees? Or studying in colleges that cost more than Rs 3 Lakhs per year?

Not applicable now.

Plasma/LED/LCD TV 32” and above.

TVs in all bedrooms and maybe the living room too with at least one DVD/Blue Ray player.

Old junk 25 inch @ bedroom and a 46 inch LED @ living room.

Washing machine/dishwasher/clothes dryer/computer/iPad or equivalent.

These needless to say are a must.

YES.

Eating Out

Do you spend approx Rs 2000-5000 on eating out every month?

BAR bills comes around 6000 every month easily

Vacations

At least one vacation abroad in two/three years.

no abroads, but to resorts occationaly

Tax

Do you pay income tax of at least Rs 20,000 per year? (Does not apply to tax evaders!)

yEs. But FCuk the taX.

Club Membership

Are you a member of a reputed club in a metro.

Membership with a premier club having good affiliations with other clubs across the country.

If you’ve achieved these benchmarks, then congrats! You’ve made it to the Middle Class Club! Next stop? The Upper Middle Class! All the best!

Still , no travel abroads. So i stay poor. :sick:

Cheers!
drinking-48.GIF

Till Today i thought myself to be a part of privileged Middle class... thanks for making me feel insecure... i just own a 2 BHK flat in Navi Mumbai that too on 50% loan ... Had a bullet which i sold few years back to pay my bank installment ... No 2 wheeler, no 4 wheeler ... no Foreign trip , no health insurance , No club membership , No dish washer , No LED TV ... although what ever i have today is hard earned by my own sweat... as my family didnt have any asset on which i could bank upon ... considering my age which is 25 i think i have a long way to go now...

I think i am the poorest among PDF member :P ...

Not till i am here :D
It seems to be a upper middle class.
House ok, no vacation, no insurance, no vehicle, coll fees is 70k pa, no LCD, no club, spend around 500-1000 pa for food outside(it depends on the month) etc

Guys anyone know how to apply BPL card?

i dont agree on many points like car,plasma etc :blah: :blah:

They are luxury not necessity.i think a person who can afford 3 times meals easily with all important facilities enters into middle class.
What is sauce for the goose may not be sauce for the gander!! In other words, what is luxury for some may be a necessity for others. A 42" plasma TV with a blue ray player, an iPad, a computer with a 20 Gb RAM etc etc are solid necessities for me without which I can get into acute depression!! Jeeez! :undecided: :lol:

I think UK has only two class

Middle class and upper class
In India we have a sleeper class too - our worthy politicians!! :devil:

Well it didn't costed me in crores in the first place because DLF's project is underconstruction and as such is about 5 kms away from the city .
Secondly it is about 2250 sq. feet .
Hai na mast investment ;)

I picked up a kind of similar property(just the land) from Ansals outside of Delhi which is being developed for less than 50 lakhs for about 1800 sq. feet and feel good about it.

Not till i am here :D
It seems to be a upper middle class.
House ok, no vacation, no insurance, no vehicle, coll fees is 70k pa, no LCD, no club, spend around 500-1000 pa for food outside(it depends on the month) etc

Guys anyone know how to apply BPL card?

For a student, if you have money for 1 beer during the weekend and for a chicken biriyani to go with it(not in some fancy restaurants but places like muniyandi vilas), you qualify as middleclass. Atleast those were the standards when I was in college and was staying in hostel :lol:

For a student, if you have money for 1 beer during the weekend and for a chicken biriyani to go with it(not in some fancy restaurants but places like muniyandi vilas), you qualify as middleclass. Atleast those were the standards when I was in college and was staying in hostel :lol:

Come to south, i sponsor a bottle of vodka.

Food, air and vodka are the 3 essentials of life.

You are middle class if you think you have to follow ''morality''.

Lowest classes and elite classes do not have to worry about this nonsense. I'm not saying they are any less ''moral'', I'm saying middle class suffers from this self inflicted burden.

Naah....12 lakhs per annum would do..

If you have to pay mortgage then it will become difficult but doable. Going foreign trips will cost you 3 to 5 lacs easily for a family of four. I had to pay Rs. 6500 electricity bill this month.

What is sauce for the goose may not be sauce for the gander!! In other words, what is luxury for some may be a necessity for others. A 42" plasma TV with a blue ray player, an iPad, a computer with a 20 Gb RAM etc etc are solid necessities for me without which I can get into acute depression!! Jeeez! :undecided: :lol: :lol:

In India we have a sleeper class too - our worthy politicians!! :devil:

Then 97% india dont have such sources you are mentioning.Most of people looks for necessity not for luxury ex--People look for bike with more average and better resale value.:lol:

Actually Thalapakattu is very famous nowadays !! I am still a non drinker , but plan to try once after new year :D :P
Between its true, have to bear, when my friends start drinking and the fun after that !!! :P

Back
Top Bottom