What's new

10 mln Indians to lose jobs over economic meltdown

Pakistanis should worry about repaying the IMF rather than Post bleak forecasts on the Indian Economy! lol ;)

When India takes a Loan from IMF again, you guys can cheer all you want, right now, troubles at home!

OUch did i touched on some thing painfull wow what a come back.

pakistan have only few million people in need of help india over 700million that cant afford a meal a day how bout you feed them before ask pakistan about the loan.

Acording to peter russell and indian comedian ''when i landed in india and the plane door opened it felt like i landed in the toilet'' :rofl:

I feel exports wants more concessions so they are throwing the numbers that they "may cut". Ha ha ha good move to get concessions. Also helps keeping workers in check by showing them the economic condition so they don't ask for more salary hike :)

Will see when they actually "cut" the jobs

Can they cut jobs every time any company tries every employees start crying not that i blame the employees but to answer your question can any company lay off people in india so far dont look like it but thats good news for the employees bad news for employers.

10 Mil is too high i guess.

companies which are announcing job cut across the globe, hiring in india eg bank of america n lot more.
as far as export goes ,it will see down trend continuously because of western market downfall.
if we look at over all picture, India will be able to maintain growth rate up to 8% in year of 2009 after implementing the economic measures because all temporary cash flow from west is already suck out from stock market but still things are pretty well. self sufficiency of india will make her progress in next year.:cheers:

Hey genious simplest way to explain this would be like this put left foot in one boat put right in another now try to go some where watch what happens.these companies moving away from what they do to some thing totally new dont sound like its a good sign as they have lost confidence in there main buisness but what do i no.you are da mang dat can make things happen few days ago u were saying what melt down now its a different tone i wonder what you will be saying after the effect of whacky tobacy runs out.

Ford sells jaguar tata buys jaguar ford not needing bail out tata asking english government for help why i thought they knew what they were doing uh oh :toast_sign:

A transport strike is beginning to bite in India with operators pulling millions of trucks off the roads to demand a lowering of diesel prices.

The operators are also protesting against "steep" road tolls imposed by the government.

Talks with the government broke down over the weekend and up to six million trucks went off the roads as the indefinite strike began on Monday.

A prolonged strike could push up costs of essential goods, analysts say.

Inflation

Truck operators say they have been hit hard by the rising oil prices and the economic slowdown.(what what slow down you morans zaheer khan the economist said no such thing in india)

"We are on an indefinite strike until our demands are met," news agency Reuters quoted Charan Singh Lohara, president of the All India Motor Transport Congress (AIMTC), as saying.

The organisation says it represents six million trucks in India.

"The government is giving concessions and bailout packages to so many industries.(damm these guys should have zaheer khans adress so they can see what he sees) Why not us when we are struggling to repay loans with high fuel prices, high prices of tyres and numerous taxes?" he asked.

It is too early for the strike to have had any firm impact, but if the protest continues, prices of essential goods are likely to rise, correspondents say.

Indian consumers are yet to recover from last year's high inflation figures which reached double digits a few months ago before coming down in the past few weeks.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | India truck strike over fuel cost
Come on, admit it, the Range Rovers you guys drive (if u have one) is owned by an Indian company! The steel you use is owned by an Indian, dont make me go into more such stuff!

just a question might seem silly but what the hell
why are we enjoying that people will lose there jobs and go into poverty??????????????

10 million looks too big a number.

And if it about textiles, even other South Asian countries would be impacted, not just India. Pakistan may get effected much more proportionately as textiles are almost the only thing they export in any significant quantity.

It may be trying to create alarm to get government subsidy or some package etc.

Look at the source,Geo TV,jive jive Geo!:pakistan:

Chacha doosra article bhi per lo. Phir nare lagate rehna Geo ke. ;) Gee bher ke Geo. :lol:

Aur ek aur joke suna? RAW identified that cyber attacks is being conducted by songs.pk. wait thats note a joke. lol

Can they cut jobs every time any company tries every employees start crying not that i blame the employees but to answer your question can any company lay off people in india so far dont look like it but thats good news for the employees bad news for employers.

Sorry can't make out what you are trying to say. Can you please elaborate

Hey genious simplest way to explain this would be like this put left foot in one boat put right in another now try to go some where watch what happens.these companies moving away from what they do to some thing totally new dont sound like its a good sign as they have lost confidence in there main buisness but what do i no.you are da mang dat can make things happen few days ago u were saying what melt down now its a different tone i wonder what you will be saying after the effect of whacky tobacy runs out.

Ford sells jaguar tata buys jaguar ford not needing bail out tata asking english government for help why i thought they knew what they were doing uh oh :toast_sign:

A transport strike is beginning to bite in India with operators pulling millions of trucks off the roads to demand a lowering of diesel prices.

The operators are also protesting against "steep" road tolls imposed by the government.

Talks with the government broke down over the weekend and up to six million trucks went off the roads as the indefinite strike began on Monday.

A prolonged strike could push up costs of essential goods, analysts say.

Inflation

Truck operators say they have been hit hard by the rising oil prices and the economic slowdown.(what what slow down you morans zaheer khan the economist said no such thing in india)

"We are on an indefinite strike until our demands are met," news agency Reuters quoted Charan Singh Lohara, president of the All India Motor Transport Congress (AIMTC), as saying.

The organisation says it represents six million trucks in India.

"The government is giving concessions and bailout packages to so many industries.(damm these guys should have zaheer khans adress so they can see what he sees) Why not us when we are struggling to repay loans with high fuel prices, high prices of tyres and numerous taxes?" he asked.

It is too early for the strike to have had any firm impact, but if the protest continues, prices of essential goods are likely to rise, correspondents say.

Indian consumers are yet to recover from last year's high inflation figures which reached double digits a few months ago before coming down in the past few weeks.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | India truck strike over fuel cost

The more simpler paw to put it is that India dosent have all it's eggs in one basket. That would even be true for the software Industry in India. The Software Industry in India dosent have all it's eggs in one basket.Hence, tey can compensate losses in one department with gains in another. But, salary cuts will be eminent.
Now, about Tata buying jaguar and Landrover. The Tata empire is huge. They dont just have an automobile empire, they manufacture steel, they have a huge tea empire, which is all around the world, they ae into heavy machinery, they have a huge telecommunications empire, they have software empire, they have a huge tea business, they have prime luxuary hotels in almost all Indian cities..they are into satellite TV business..damn they also sell kitchen salt!!!!
The automobile empire is just a small part of the TATA group. But then would they miss an opportunity to make a quick buck in the name of "bailouts" .:lol:

Well the Trucker's strike is in town!! What do I say.. the price of diesel in India is Rs.37/ltr, and petrol is Rs.49. Now, truckers arent the only ones who use diesel. A large number of people are now buying diesel cars, because it is cheaper than petrol.Prices have already been reduced this year, and if diesel prices will be reduced even further, it will only result in increase of more demand for diesel.

About, Inflation..I think the media loves the term.India started his year with an inflation of 12% and now it is around 7%. Inflation is caused by different factors. This truckers strike would mean that commodities will not reach the people where they would want..that dosent mean the commodities dont exist in the market!!!
Yes, if the strike continues for a week, it could show some signs of distress.

I think Satyam's shares is going down drastically since some days i.e 90 / share !

Satyam's owner has admitted of doing huge fraud. The company is in TROUBLE

whts up with indians ridiculing geo tv, when they hear from them stuffs that they dont like, like this one, and appreciate when they hear some thing appeasing!!, its very strange to find duel standards

Back
Top Bottom