What's new

10 Countries with Largest Number of Muslims as per Pew

I get that, but there's no denying that larger Nation-states have wielded greater power and authority, even within the Muslim World. What the Muslims of the subcontinent had was a chance to become an influence far greater than a Saudi Arabia or an Iran could ever hope to become. But instead, they're now yet another of those 58 odd Muslim Nations.

Not saying what happened was wrong, but in retrospect, what could have been. For a Right-Wing Hindu, partition was the best thing to happen for the subcontinent (Akhand Bharat is only w.r.t the land, not it's people). That should tell us something.

Lots of people would deny that. Forget about wielding more power and authority, if they had any chance of wielding much power and authority within their own community then they wouldn't have wanted a partition let alone supported one in the first place. Their dreams did not revolve around outshining Saudi Arabia because most Pakistanis don't view Saudi Arabia the way here people like to think. You claim to see us as just yet another of those 58 odd Muslims nations but we don't and never have and never will either.

Pakistan population is off here it was over 183m in 2011 it is probably 190m ish by now minus 7m for minorities so 180m plus Muslims.

Pak population is yet to reach 190m. Its more like 182m at the moment.

I get that, but there's no denying that larger Nation-states have wielded greater power and authority, even within the Muslim World. What the Muslims of the subcontinent had was a chance to become an influence far greater than a Saudi Arabia or an Iran could ever hope to become. But instead, they're now yet another of those 58 odd Muslim Nations.

Not saying what happened was wrong, but in retrospect, what could have been. For a Right-Wing Hindu, partition was the best thing to happen for the subcontinent (Akhand Bharat is only w.r.t the land, not it's people). That should tell us something.

Hardly, what would be the different? Saudi Arabia still will have more influence on Islamic world then secular united India. India have more muslims then Pakistan but who have more influence in islamic world?

Last edited:
mus-10.png

Footnotes:

India and Pakistan have Muslim populations of roughly similar size, and it is not entirely clear which is larger. The Pew Forum previously estimated that Pakistan had the world’s second-largest Muslim population and India had the third-largest; see the Pew Forum’s January 2011 report “The Future of the Global Muslim Population” and October 2009 report “Mapping the Global Muslim Population.” The difference between the rankings in this report and the previous reports is primarily due to a downward revision by the United Nations Population Division of its estimate of the size of Pakistan’s total population and an upward revision of the U.N. estimate of India’s total population. For more details, see the discussion in the Methodology. (return to text)

AlhamduliLLAH we are Muslim...so we can save the Muslim world dignity .......:-) Anyway....it is still good if Indian Muslim grow bigger as well :cheers:

You would expect South Asia to have a higher standing in the Muslim world considering how many live there.

One would expect south asia to have higher standing in world considiring how many humans live there. Right? Thats not how it works, South Asia is overcrowded and one of the poorest regions. Maybe only better then central africa. South Asia will again gain respect like in ancient times if it stop being shithole that it is. United or not, we never were united anyway in ancient times.

Then everyone used to come to settle, now most want to leave.

I would Say Ethiopia would be unofficially on 9th spot and china on 5th. Ethiopia Muslim population is 50 Million and China is close to 100 Million.
China's Minority has population of 105million, in which about 20million are muslims, Uighurs(10million, Speaking Uighur and Chinese,99% are muslims) and Hui(10.5million, Speaking Chinese, most are muslims ) are muslims,

There was no united mandate nor does it work as it never has. From 1700s world moved on towards a nation state model which had to be adopted. Muslims have 4 independent nations in S.Asia, Bangladesh, Maldives, Pakistan and Afghanistan, most of C.Asia and Middle East as well. There are 58 odd states with a large Muslim population.

Unity in its classic sense is a utopian concept and doesn't work for us. There is a great deal of acceptance between the global Muslims, and that is what matters. These nation states sooner or later will become very powerful entities.

NATO concept is a good one for us........

China's Minority has population of 105million, in which about 20million are muslims, Uighurs(10million, Speaking Uighur and Chinese,99% are muslims) and Hui(10.5million, Speaking Chinese, most are muslims ) are muslims,

That is the Official records, Real Numbers are between 50-100 Million. The Non hans were the only people in china excepted from one child policy yet with a much bigger highrate there percentage remain the same lol

That is the Official records, Real Numbers are between 50-100 Million. The Non hans were the only people in china excepted from one child policy yet with a much bigger highrate there percentage remain the same lol
Real one child policy never happenned, totay only 15% family have 1 child, others at least 2 children, I have 3 sisters and not reach 30 years old.
China's Minority has population of 105million: top 10 Minorities ethnic(in 2010) total 84.6million:
Zhuang 16 million, accounting for the proportion of the country's population is 1.3%, speaking Chinese
Manchu (10682300), speaking Chinese
Hui (9,816,800), speaking Chinese
Miao (8,940,100), speaking Chinese
Uighur (8,399,200), speaking Uighur and Chinese
Tujia (8,028,100), speaking Chinese
Yi (7,762,300), speaking Chinese
Mongolian (5,813,900), speaking both Mongolian and Chinese
Tibetan (5,416,000),90% speaking Tibetan, 85% speaking Chinese
Buyi (2,971,5 00),speaking Chinese

Only Uighur, Hui are muslims, Tibetan are Buddhist, others have nothing difference from Han Chinese;
In which, there are many "fake" members of Minority, many Han Chinese change ID card to minorities to have more children and get preferential right at University entrance exam. My teacher of middle school is a Hui muslim, and his son is too even his wife is Han Chinese, he and his son have nothing difference from us, he said that at Hui street of our county(a county with 0.42 million people), only one Imam could recite scriptures while others couldn't understand what he said, even he had doubt about that even Imam didn't understand what himself recited.

Last edited:
main reseason is in china.
we have special policy for minority. tax, education....so many good things
many fake their identidy.

we have to change the minority policy asap

Muslims/Non muslims of Pakistan ( a name which means Pakistan, Afghania(old name of KPK province), Kashmir, Sindh, balochisTAN.)....have a common culture developed in Indus Valley...we have nothing in common with Tamil or Telugu or Gujrati muslims....so please learn a bit about demographics and history before speaking !!!

Please spare me the History lessons. Homogenous culture you say. Is that why an East Pakistan, with 1500 kms of Indian territory to separate the two halves, was also part of the deal? In case you didn't know, EVERY region in undivided India was distinct and shared little in way of customs and culture with other regions. Do you mean to say a Delhiite shared a lot in common with a Madrasi back then? The answer is a resounding No. But it doesn't take rocket science to forge a National identity, as demonstrated by both India and Pakistan.

Lots of people would deny that. Forget about wielding more power and authority, if they had any chance of wielding much power and authority within their own community then they wouldn't have wanted a partition let alone supported one in the first place. Their dreams did not revolve around outshining Saudi Arabia because most Pakistanis don't view Saudi Arabia the way here people like to think. You claim to see us as just yet another of those 58 odd Muslims nations but we don't and never have and never will either.

See, you're already talking from a post-partition Pakistani point of view. In the scenario I described, it could very well be a possibility that subcontinental Muslims would have a far stronger political (and perhaps religious) unity than today. And No, Saudi Arabia the State is different from Saudi Arabia the spiritual centre of Islam.

See, you're already talking from a post-partition Pakistani point of view. In the scenario I described, it could very well be a possibility that subcontinental Muslims would have a far stronger political (and perhaps religious) unity than today. And No, Saudi Arabia the State is different from Saudi Arabia the spiritual centre of Islam.

Saudi Arabia is still not worshipped by Pakistanis the way most Indians like to believe but then you would rather believe your own perceptions no matter how flawed than a Pakistani's so can't say much about that. I might be talking from a post partition Pakistani point of view but I had my family who lived in a very much pre-partitioned India but I don't solely base my argument on that rather on the fact that if Muslims could have actually seen a possibility of any power in United India they wouldn't have supported a partion. As I know you would be very well aware of the fact that its not as simple as drawing a line on a piece of paper.

Last edited:
Saudi Arabia is still not worshipped by Pakistanis the way most Indians like to believe but then you would rather believe your own perceptions no matter how flawed than a Pakistani's so can't say much about that. I might be talking from a post partition Pakistani point of view but I had my family who lived in a very much pre-partitioned India but I don't solely base my argument on that but on the fact that if Muslims could have actually seen a possibility of any power in United India they wouldn't have supported a partion. As I know you would be very well aware of the fact that its not as simple as drawing a line on a piece of paper.

Where have I said that Pakistanis like to suck up to the Saudis? I in fact empathize with Pakistan's tilt to the Middle East. A Nation born with safeguarding Islam on the subcontinent would obviously try to find support and commonality with other Muslim States. Nothing wrong in that.

Regarding partition, I again maintain that I understand why it was necessary. But do you really believe 100 million muslims would be powerless against 300 million Hindus in an independent, united, India in 1947? I don't think so.

Back
Top Bottom