What's new

10 captives, Over 20 soldiers, including Commanding Officer killed at Galwan border clash with China

did you just come here from Bharat Rakshxt. Where the delusional claimed that Indian artillery killed 45 Chinese. But allow the Chinese to claim landslide killed its troops.
As I said check the main thread where the screen shot of the tweet by the global times guy was posted.poor must have been kicked for posting such a tweet that he has to delete his post

We are still there now mate. We killed 23,why don't you come and dislodge us? Don't jump into the river this time.
You are still in the are where you were before all this started .yeah you killed our men when we are outnumbered and pre-planned .atleast have the guys to declare your casualties.

Tweets are not reliable you twit some tweets by Indians are not acceptable for you because its not suit your nonsense trolls
Global times the mouth piece of ccp and it's chief editos post is not reliable .

Ambush??? face to face fight like men ! no ambush! you are a liar!
Show me one instance in last 30 years when Chinese have fought when the opposition stood it's ground.

A correction.

China claims upto finger 2 and India claims upto finger 8. I am going to edit my earlier comment too.

So lets understand using maps what this conflict is all about.

According to widely quoted expert by Indians, Nathan Ruser, until May, the PLA didn’t have positions within the valley, despite several kilometres being on the China-controlled side of the LAC. However, recently established Indian positions closer to the LAC, and the construction of a road to supply these positions, appears to have prompted the PLA to establish a number of significant positions and move up to 1,000 soldiers into the valley.

View attachment 643215

Image credit: https://www.aspistrategist.org.au/
One correction.. The Indian positions between finger 3 and 4 were there for the past 10 years.. but Indians were expanding their positions in this disputed area that irked Chinese and they also came in the disputed area with permanent positions.

You sure this is correct? Galwan valley is up north, this the Lake area.
I am not sure if Chinese are claiming the whole Galwan valley or till their previous claim.. i.e. finger 2 only. If they are claiming whole Galwan valley, it may cause a major conflict again very soon.

Global times the mouth piece of ccp and it's chief editos post is not reliable .
Not at all and how do you know global Times is a mouth piece of CCP their defense related NEWS is always ridiculous about the CHINESE ARMED FORCES accepted most of Chinese members here on PDF

Global times is not mouth piece of CCP but official govt Channel for CCP is CCTV

So fingers area is not part of Galwan valley?

OK thanks for the correction.. Let me delete my previous comments.. I will update the map again with clash information.. but the information about fingers areas is correct.. The area between F4 and F8 is gone from India..
My pleasure removing my comments

The reality is:

1 - The area between Finger 4 and Finger 8 was disputed and claimed by both China and India.
2 - LAC would pass through finger 2 according to the Chinese perception.
3 - LAC would pass through finger 8 according to the Indian perception.
4 - There was a kind of status quo, and PLA used to patrol upto finger 4, and IA used to patrol upto finger 8.
5 - When they would face each other between finger 4 and finger 8, they used to show banners requesting the other side to remind about their perception. This had been going on for decades.
6 - The posts were situated behind the opposite party's perception of the LAC to respect each other's standpoint.
7 - Now IA can't patrol beyond finger 4.. that is the point where Chinese perception of LAC passes through.
8 - India has effectively accepted the Chinese perception of LAC as legit, giving up their claim.

So yes, Indians are right, the area was not their's completely.. It was a disputed area already so according to them they haven't lost anything.
May you please recheck point #2: "LAC would pass through finger 2 according to the Chinese perception."

Did you actually mean Finger 2 OR Finger 4 ??

On my reading, I think you meant Finger 4 in order to be in line with remaining points. The Finger 2 just does not concur with the rest. Thanks.

I know wars are not evenly matched ,but you sign a treaty and you are expected to stick to it . They had the treaty after the fight in 67, it's well documented .they know what happens when there is no surprise

Ok let me post the links ,let me find them

Well the Indian government broke that treaty the day they annexed Kashmir and made Ladakh part of their territory. China had been saying from that day on that they do not accept the new status of Kashmir. How can you pretend that the treaty exists when the Indian government themselves broke it themselves. The government’s and the world don’t follow words alone, they consider actions and then take decisions based on those actions.

May you please recheck point #2: "LAC would pass through finger 2 according to the Chinese perception."

Did you actually mean Finger 2 OR Finger 4 ??

On my reading, I think you meant Finger 4 in order to be in line with remaining points. The Finger 2 just does not concur with the rest. Thanks.

This is written by Indian favorite expert:

The third significant hotspot in Ladakh is the Pangong Tso, an alpine lake over 100 kilometres long that is bisected by the India–China border. This area is the site of the most significant divergence between New Delhi and Beijing on the precise location of the border, differing by up to 30 kilometres. A number of peninsulas (known as fingers) mark the named features of the lake, with China claiming territory up to finger 2, and India claiming territory up to finger 8 (map 7).

Map 7: Pangong Tso, showing Indian and Chinese positions and claims relative to Actual Line of Control

1806ladakh7new2.jpg

Now wait for Indians to update wikipedia pages about the recent conflict.. After 10 years, wiki will be showing 20 Indians and 200 Chinese KIAs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom