What's new

$10-bn defence deal to be signed during Hollande's 2-day visit

I dont believe Rafale deal will be signed so soon. Atleast until the middle of this year is possible.

There are tons of negotiations to be done. And the deal may be in excess of 15 billion btw...now that
the order for jets would be 126+63 total 189.

I hope deliveries from France will be for upto 50 jets, these should arrive in IAF service simultaneously along
with those Raffys built by HAL in Bangalore.

the deal for 126 still pegged at 10 Billion dollar?

I dont believe Rafale deal will be signed so soon. Atleast until the middle of this year is possible.

There are tons of negotiations to be done. And the deal may be in excess of 15 billion btw...now that
the order for jets would be 126+63 total 189.

I hope deliveries from France will be for upto 50 jets, these should arrive in IAF service simultaneously along
with those Raffys built by HAL in Bangalore.

Deal of 89 will be signed separately not now.

Deal of 89 will be signed separately not now.

Exactly this has been reiterated time and again. Mate, the follow-on right now looks like 63 to bring the Rafale order to 189. Whilst this may not be the total amount of Rafales in service with India- that number may be quite a bit higher, but 189 are the only concrete numbers we have right now.

The follow on deal can be signed anytime in the next 2-3 years. I do hope,though, that the number of Rafales delivered directly off the shelf from Dassualt eventually ends up being more than 18 to speed up induction in the IAF. Having simultaneous delivery from Dassualt and HAL would be great!

The initial offer from Rafale for the MMRCA would have contained detailed costs and procedures for the deal - and India would have selected the fighter based on that offer, so in effect they would have already evaluated the costs, but final negotiations can be done across the table so yes it might take some more time - but then the deal also might include multiple other sub contracts which can be signed as a move forward though..

Exactly this has been reiterated time and again. Mate, the follow-on right now looks like 63 to bring the Rafale order to 189. Whilst this may not be the total amount of Rafales in service with India- that number may be quite a bit higher, but 189 are the only concrete numbers we have right now.

The follow on deal can be signed anytime in the next 2-3 years. I do hope,though, that the number of Rafales delivered directly off the shelf from Dassualt eventually ends up being more than 18 to speed up induction in the IAF. Having simultaneous delivery from Dassualt and HAL would be great!

And can go upto 30 35 rafale per year...

“This will be Hollande’s first visit to any Asian country since his election…There had been good discussions on the MMRCA deal and negotiations concerning the Jaitapur nuclear plant are also going on smoothly,” a senior diplomat told Business Standard.

A lot of buzz is going on for finalization of sales agreement on EPR for Jaitapur. Again having a negotiation similar to Rafale deal the final cost is the only issue pending with Indian Authorities, but things seem to be in advanced stages and no one should be surprised if India and France sign the dotted lines. If things move well, we may get EPRs to start generation at the end of this decade.

Areva_EPR.jpg

less than one sqdr. and AFAIK thats it with any acquisition in the 90s.

Hmm I dont think so. The agreement was signed during that time and deliveries started that time.

Back
Top Bottom