What's new

10 Best Intelligence Agencies in the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best intelligence agency in the world is the one whose name never comes in public yet it does its job fantastically...
The only agency which excels in these criterion is CHINESE INTELLIGENCE AGENCY...

The best intelligence agency in the world is the one whose name never comes in public yet it does its job fantastically...
The only agency which excels in these criterion is CHINESE INTELLIGENCE AGENCY...

Nah, not really.

Well here's one way to look at it.

If the name of an intelligence agency is coming up in public, it probably means it's doing it's job and doing it pretty well. It's pissing off other states/intelligence agencies to no end.

With all the blunders in Vietnam and Afghanistan, i don't think the deserve top 2.

Don't judge by their budget or the cool tech you see in holywood movies.

Remember they were compromised just a few months ago, in which 7 top agents were killed in Afghanistan.

In that case, Taliban have a better chance of getting to top 2 intelligence units rather than CIA.

Just my $ 0.02.:azn:

ISI doesn't come into public eyes except when USA needs a scapegoat or some Indian Political Science Professor in USA has to write up his paper/thesis.

:rofl:

The ISI is probably the most patriotic agency in history, its staff is largely manned by volunteers coming forward on their own. It operates a large wing of overseas informants constisting of foreign national too. It is also one of the dirtiest and ruthless agencies recocnized around the world. Involved in many dirty businesses to raise operating fiances and achieve goals. Most of its rules are unwritten and members strictly adhere to "leave no trace behind" policy. They never communicate in writting, over public phone or internet.

Its legendry loyality is due to ruthless charter of conduct making free hand use of assasinations against suspected doubles and potential defectors. ISI has a strong role in securing arab monarchies.

Ulike CIA and Mossad, ISI does not depend on high tech gadgets instead its choice of tools is rather premitive but employed in a clever way. Social engineering, bribery, intimidation and theft are widely applied covert methods which allows it to adapt any kind of manpower to its needs and function without leaving traces.
Smashinglist by the way is no an authoritive source by any means but whoever wrote the article had his valid points.

Last edited:
Ulike CIA and Mossad, ISI does not depend on high tech gadgets instead its choice of tools is rather premitive but employed in a clever way. Social engineering, bribery, intimidation and theft are widely applied covert methods which allows it to adapt any kind of manpower to its needs and function without leaving traces.
Smashinglist by the way is no an authoritive source by any means but whoever wrote the article had his valid points.

Very true. When the modern technology is added with this natural capability , ISI becomes deadly.

cia imho, deserves to be on the top, the way they have raised american influence in the world

Mossad agents were caught on camera recently in Dubai I think, when they assassinated a Hamas leader. The CIA were caught by Russians and the Russians by Americans, when both traded their spooks.
The CIA were targeted in their Office by a suicide bomber in Afghanistan.

The Chinese agency is very powerful, but their agents have also come under scanner every now and then. In the West they come as students or businessmen. There was a big up roar in Canada on the role of Chinese students who are really working for their spy agency.

RAW I don't even consider as a Spy agency, it is strange how its name figured up. There is hardly any thing it has done to be proud of, most intelligence is by way of borrowing from other agencies.

So practically the ISI is certainly the most effective agency and deserves the first spot.

Mossad has come under spotlight sevral times when Israeli spies posed as art student tried to sneak around undisclosed FBI office and their "supposed" art work had made in china stickers on it. It didnt take an intelligence genious to blow their cover.

ISI has agents posted around USA, Canada and Europe poised as migrants and students. It is also one of the only agencies after CIA, Mossad and FSB to operate an extensive spy network in scandivian countries. ISI also enjoys large sympathy and volunteer input from muslim communities of europe particularly those who fought in Bosnia. It is the only forigen intelligence agency officially authorised to operate in Saudi Arabia after CIA. Inside Saudi Arabia ISI covered matter of intrests for CIA in civilian intelligence until 2003 when CIA was authorised to expand its activies and hire its own manpower. During the cold war, ISI build a large agent base in soviet union by teaming with disgruntled muslims. After the break up of soviet union, some of these agents would volunteer to advance the Chechan cause albeit unsucessfully but without losing their cover. ISI recived scores of defected anti-communist scientest and engineers during cold war from Soviet Unions, Poland and easten europe some of which helped start the Pakistani missle and rocket program. After debriefing them sucessfuly and recieving lot of sensitive documents and information, ISI resettled them with new identites around europe, middle east and africa. An Indian agent caught by ISI and turned into a double was later resettled in USA with new identity and is yet to be discovered by RAW.

The name of the agency coming into public or not is noway a benchmark of its sucess. The claim to fame for KGB, CIA and MI5 is due to their frequent appearence in popular culture media. Think James Bond series.

Last edited:
I am not surprised !

ISI = No official Headquarter , no logo , no website , no uniform , no black cars or men in black , no track record of funding.

Once i was talking to someone during a train journey in Pakistan years ago - i was a teenager and was stunned when the person almost 20 years old i was talking to said "This is your 4th train trip in Two weeks right?".

He was working for ISI and was on Reconnaissance job.

Another blow was when i found out that a very close family friend who died out of an heart attack worked for The ISI for 20 years while doing his normal life office job in a private firm.

I was initially refraining from posting this well its public knowledge anyway.

The latest headache of ISI is its activities of garnering support in the sepratist minded muslim community of Kerala using Saudi and UAE as a base. The RAW while acknowledges the exisitence of this program is still to come up with effective counter strategy other than random interrogation of returning Keralite overseas workers.

Part of the program is headed by a retired ex-major of Pakistan army poised as a principal of international school in Saudi. His school teaches british curricula with Pakistani religious text books and is manned mostly by Pakistani staff however majority enrolled students are Keralites.

(Happen to know this man in person and could never tell what is he upto other than the strange contituency of his school. The infromation which cannot be verified came from Indian intelligence circles through "popular rumor". But there is no doubt about anti-state keralities sending their kids to his school)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom