What's new

1: Well, COVID has officially made it to every part of China, even this isolated corner ... we've all gotten it now.

Just a call back to 2 years ago when our resident paid government employees were laughing at the death tolls of other nations and making wolf warrior movies about how China saved the world from covid.
The CCP vaccine was supposed to be 1010% better than western vaccines and "wolf warrior 2: covid commander" was going to be made showing how the CCP sent elite units to physically fight the covid virus in Africa.
Well India still fck it up so badly people needed to queue for oxygen mate. Look at this video. You see them gasping for air? 6 million dead vs few thousand deaths in China? Come on...

Covid riot in China demanding mrna vaccine

It took at least two years for the basically maskless US to hit 60%...how can it spread that fast in China after years of zero Covid?
Because taht's the goal: getting the whole country infected as quickly and thoroughly as possible. The U-turn happened so quick to the point lots of people felt like being ambushed.

China is the only country does this "steepen the curve" approach, while infections in almost every other country runs a natural curve with some efforts throw in here and there to flatten it.

Stay out of the cities as much as you can.
nah I already miss those street food venders and restaurants.. can't have shit in here.

Because taht's the goal: getting the whole country infected as quickly and thoroughly as possible. The U-turn happened so quick to the point lots of people felt like being ambushed.

LOL! So now everybody can thank their Government for getting them sick...like that is going to solve anything? It's not like you can't get it twice.

Hey let's line everybody up to get the flu too...like that is going to solve anything.

100%
I don't get paid to shitpost on the internet. Looking at your post history over the last 12 year, you are 100% making more money than me.
Making " more" money than you? how much do you make? I openly criticize Xi's third term and oppose covid lockddowns, how much do you think I can make by posting their ideas?

LOL! So now everybody can thank their Government for getting them sick...like that is going to solve anything? It's not like you can't get it twice.

Hey let's line everybody up to get the flu too...like that is going to solve anything.
Chinese government made some mistakes during this pandemic, but which government didn't? still remember Trump to discourage the general publick to wear masks during the early stage of outbreaks in US?

The govt kept telling people for the past 2 years that Covid is still very lethal in order for them to comply with lockdown measures. Now imagine the sudden change of narrative while giving a prior notice of dropping 0-Covid, lots of skeptical people would panic, and maybe run into hiding, especially the paranoid middle class, they usually have a hefty bank account that could last them a few years of living off of social grid rather comfortably. Which would be bad news for the country's productivity and consumer-based economy. We can't have that.

So the policy makers decided that the most persuasive way of saying Covid is no longer that scary is to shove the virus down everyone's throat.

It took at least two years for the basically maskless US to hit 60%...how can it spread that fast in China after years of zero Covid?

I doubt that 70-80% has already been infected in China. Maybe in some cities, but certainly not across all of China with ~40% rural population.

In Singapore we started loosening restrictions since Delta last year. This year each Omicron infection wave lasted around 3 months. ~6 weeks for each wave to crest and another ~6 weeks to trough.

1672428633843.png

After so many months there is an estimated of only 60% of Singapore residents getting infected as of August, which I think is pretty accurate based on my social circle.

1672429275612.png

In HK, which has also previously adopted zero-covid until they lost control like China, they had a shorter but steeper wave earlier this year lasting around 2 months.

So when even dense cities like SG/HK took 2-3 months for each wave to complete its cycle, I doubt China which loosen restrictions barely 3 weeks ago already has 70-80% of their 1.4bil population infected.

China's infections will probably peak in late Jan/early Feb next year, which coincides with Chinese New Year. The Chunyun which usually starts ~2weeks before CNY may aggravate the situation when the urban dwellers return back to their rural hometown.

I doubt that 70-80% has already been infected in China. Maybe in some cities, but certainly not across all of China with ~40% rural population.

In Singapore we started loosening restrictions since Delta last year. This year each Omicron infection wave lasted around 3 months. ~6 weeks for each wave to crest and another ~6 weeks to trough.

View attachment 908542

After so many months there is an estimated of only 60% of Singapore residents getting infected as of August, which I think is pretty accurate based on my social circle.

View attachment 908543

In HK, which has also previously adopted zero-covid until they lost control like China, they had a shorter but steeper wave earlier this year lasting around 2 months.

So when even dense cities like SG/HK took 2-3 months for each wave to complete its cycle, I doubt China which loosen restrictions barely 3 weeks ago already has 70-80% of their 1.4bil population infected.

China's infections will probably peak in late Jan/early Feb next year, which coincides with Chinese New Year. The Chunyun which usually starts ~2weeks before CNY may aggravate the situation when the urban dwellers return back to their rural hometown.

I’m glad somebody else is seeing this seems nonsensical. Either they are overcounting or they have been undercounting for the last year.

Although maybe somehow a faster than usual virus could help explain a surge in late 2019 that seemed to hit Milan Italy quickly.

NOVEMBER 16, 2020
The new coronavirus was circulating in Italy in September 2019, a study by the National Cancer Institute (INT) of the Italian city of Milan shows, signaling that it might have spread beyond China earlier than thought.

Looks like Deja vu..of 2019 in 2022

December 28, 2022

Milan Reports 50% of Passengers on China Flights Have Covid​

Last edited:
I’m glad somebody else is seeing this seems nonsensical. Either they are overcounting or they have been undercounting for the last year.

It's pretty clear at this point that the stats released by China are unreliable as they have very different classification methods from the rest of the world.

Previously they don't add asymptomatic cases to their official count, and according to their numbers, ~90% of all cases are asymptomatic. I always found it puzzling that they have such a high rate of asymptomatic cases because that is contrary against what I've seen, but I gave them the benefit of doubt because they are the only country which tests so frequently and extensively which would uncover asymptomatic cases unlike other countries.

Turns out that number is probably BS. As more Chinese have been infected recently, they have also started questioning the veracity of the stats on whether 90% of cases are asymptomatic because almost every positive cases they know are symptomatic (fever, cough, sore throat etc). I read some who previously got infected shared that if you are initially asymptomatic and started showing symptoms a few days later, you have to take a lung CT scan and show that you have 'white spots' in your lungs before getting classified as a symptomatic case, which is a tedious process for the majority. Not sure how true is this claim, but I'm pretty sure 90% of cases are not asymptomatic.

Their official number for Covid deaths previously, which on most days indicate zero deaths, is probably also BS. For this they have already admitted that they have very different classification methods from the rest of the world.

Before they reopened, there are estimates that China already had ~600K excess deaths. If it's accurate, I thought it's mostly due to the the delayed medical attention for non-Covid patients from the lockdowns and diverting medical resources to battle Covid. But now it seems more likely that they have undercounted Covid deaths.

September article:
1672478857423.png

1672478899113.png

It's pretty clear at this point that the stats released by China are unreliable as they have very different classification methods from the rest of the world.

Previously they don't add asymptomatic cases to their official count, and according to their numbers, ~90% of all cases are asymptomatic. I always found it puzzling that they have such a high rate of asymptomatic cases because that is contrary against what I've seen, but I gave them the benefit of doubt because they are the only country which tests so frequently and extensively which would uncover asymptomatic cases unlike other countries.

Turns out that number is probably BS. As more Chinese have been infected recently, they have also started questioning the veracity of the stats on whether 90% of cases are asymptomatic because almost every positive cases they know are symptomatic (fever, cough, sore throat etc). I read some who previously got infected shared that if you are initially asymptomatic and started showing symptoms a few days later, you have to take a lung CT scan and show that you have 'white spots' in your lungs before getting classified as a symptomatic case, which is a tedious process for the majority. Not sure how true is this claim, but I'm pretty sure 90% of cases are not asymptomatic.

Their official number for Covid deaths previously, which on most days indicate zero deaths, is probably also BS. For this they have already admitted that they have very different classification methods from the rest of the world.

Before they reopened, there are estimates that China already had ~600K excess deaths. If it's accurate, I thought it's mostly due to the the delayed medical attention for non-Covid patients from the lockdowns and diverting medical resources to battle Covid. But now it seems more likely that they have undercounted Covid deaths.

September article:
View attachment 908601
View attachment 908602

Now even WHO is no more able to ignore the ridiculousness of the data which Chinese govt publishes (& this is the same WHO which didn't question the Chinese when they were trying to sweep the pandemic under the carpet & even said that they don't see a possibility of human transmission).

Well India still fck it up so badly people needed to queue for oxygen mate. Look at this video. You see them gasping for air? 6 million dead vs few thousand deaths in China? Come on...

Covid riot in China demanding mrna vaccine
At this stage why even bother with a few thousands. Just claim that China managed COVID so well that Chinese vaccines & medical system reduced the deaths which might have happened due to other causes as well. & now in fact it's a '-ve' death toll that you have achieved due to the pandemic. If you are writing fiction then at least let it be interesting.

At this stage why even bother with a few thousands. Just claim that China managed COVID so well that Chinese vaccines & medical system reduced the deaths which might have happened due to other causes as well. & now in fact it's a '-ve' death toll that you have achieved due to the pandemic. If you are writing fiction then at least let it be interesting.
EMPTY restaurants in China, people panicking.

Back
Top Bottom