What's new

1 jawan killed, 3 injured in ceasefire violation by Pakistan

I don't believe that Pakistani or Indian soldiers wake up one morning and just start shooting at each other, there can be so many factors......the other day i read that a jungle fire is raging in the area which is triggering a lot of land mines on the Indian side. As for chest thumping by some, well Pakistani soldiers are also posted there for a purpose. !!

You know, during vajpayee time ( i am not sure if it was during kargil or parliament attack) some one said this to India, and i read somewhere the response of vajpayee was Chorian ka thakath tho hum ne pehle dikhaya hein) :) ( the point which i am trying to make is Chorian can not be used to show some one is weak)
As far as i remember it is an Idiom ... or may be i am missing something .

Test the new govt? really?

I am sure Indians will say this for the next 5 years

Last edited:
These are two unrelated incidents, the Jawan was killed in an IED blast in Poonch sector on Thursday, whereas current firing(started 0700 this morning) is taking place in Mendhar sector, where no casualties have been reported yet.
TOI reports as one casualty today and one yesterday.

Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Poonch - The Times of India

Anyways some are already drawing conclusions on the incident.

J-K set for Jaitley visit, Omar questions timing of ceasefire violation

These are two unrelated incidents, the Jawan was killed in an IED blast in Poonch sector on Thursday, whereas current firing(started 0700 this morning) is taking place in Mendhar sector, where no casualties have been reported yet.
Exactly ,even i was about to say the same.

Exactly , we don't know the situation yet , I do not trust media even 1% , so we should wait until we get a clear picture , and not start the blame game & chest thumping .

Death of a soldier is always sad , any side it may be .
That will probably never happen. There won't be any independent verification or reporting from that area, only the statements of each side's military. So people will believe whomever they choose to believe, for no other reason than belonging to the particular side.

All the major Indian news sources have retracted the causality figure . Se lets stop here , it is just your regular Soldiers playing Shoot the can .

Targeting civilians is a usual tact of Indian forces.

Still better than your 'kind' hearted armed force

Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah has tweeted, "Significant ceasefire violation in Rajouri & Poonch with reports of some shells having landed in civilian areas. Some livestock loss."

Indian Army fires indiscriminately along LoC

KOTLI: Indian Army carried out indiscriminate firing and shelling in Nakyal sector of Azad Kashmir at the Line of Control (LoC), Geo News reported on Friday.

In response, Pakistan Army retaliated with full force that compelled the Indian side to discontinue the firing.

Sources told that the incident occurred early Friday morning when Indian troops opened indiscriminate firing and shelling in Nakyal sector that caused panic and terrorized the local residents.

Fortunately, no loss of life was reported in the attack.

It may be mentioned here that it is not the first time a ceasefire violation has taken place.

Earlier on May 11, Indian troops had resorted to unprovoked firing at the Bhattal sector of the LoC. Pakistan Army had lodged a protest with Indian authorities after the incident.

Another incident of LoC violation occurred on April 25 when Pakistani and Indian troops exchanged fire on the LoC when Indian force broke a three-month-long period of calm in Poonch Sector by resorting to unprovoked firing.

Indian Army fires indiscriminately along LoC - thenews.com.pk

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom