What's new

1 in 5 Homes in China Is Empty, Survey Finds

How much does a condo cost in Shanghai? Just curious.
depends on the location,and decoration
a good decorated condo in where I live is around 10000 USD/ square meter
some location is very expensive. can be 40000-50000USD/ square meter

cheapst with bad location at least 2000 USD/ square meter

Yeah I saw that there are alot of ghost towns. Like people build up then sell it to an investor and the guy that bought it sells it again for a higher price to another investor.
the another home that I have was indeed a ghost town.
but today, many young people come to shanghai. and they dont have enough money to buy home in center.
many live there, even it is 40 kilometer far away from center and new subway is finished. they can go to work with subway

depends on the location,and decoration
a good decorated condo in where I live is around 10000 USD/ square meter
some location is very expensive. can be 40000-50000USD/ square meter

cheapst with bad location at least 2000 USD/ square meter

the another home that I have was indeed a ghost town.
but today, many young people come to shanghai. and they dont have enough money to buy home in center.
many live there, even it is 40 kilometer far away from center and new subway is finished. they can go to work with subway

That's very pricey !! Thanks man.

I just purchased a 1 story ranch here in New Jersey, for a very affordable price (~$150,000, now's a time to buy real estate property in the US). I'm planning to build this up and if the market value increases, will probably sell it. Or, if i decide to stay in the 'states , will keep it as a starter home. Im also looking at buying some property in China, because real estate is hot there. If not, then I'm eyeing some real estate property in the Philippines (Cebu).

:)

I just purchased a 1 story ranch here in New Jersey, for a very affordable price (~$150,000, now's a time to buy real estate property in the US). I'm planning to build this up and if the market value increases, will probably sell it. Or, if i decide to stay in the 'states , will keep it as a starter home. Im also looking at buying some property in China, because real estate is hot there. If not, then I'm eyeing some real estate property in the Philippines (Cebu).

some of my relative buy real estate in the USA as investment. and they all recommend me to do the same thing.

buy real estate in the philippines, never heard someone do such thing.
you can try it and share your experience

Just out of curiosity, can someone give me an estimated price range for a 3 bedroom house and apartment in Baoji city and Xi'an city and Ningxia province. Also what are the rules and regulations for non resident non Chinese for buying property in China? And what if a non Chinese has a Chinese wife?

some of my relative buy real estate in the USA as investment. and they all recommend me to do the same thing.

My friend, don't listen to the news or the nay sayers here, the Filipinos are very warm when it comes to trade / investment. They even have new real-estate beach front property in Cebu City in a very upscale area near Mandaue section of Cebu. A 2-3 bedroom condo is for sale around $50,000 - $65,000. So cheap. The market value will increase on these, or you can even rent it out as is very common for foreign owners.

I'm thinking of either Cebu City or Manila, but Manila is too crowded/ dirty for me. Cebu is much cleaner and people are more friendly for Japanese. Plus, there's a large Chinese presence in Cebu. Check it out, man.

In Philippines i think a foreigner is allowed to own around 40-50% of any property meaning he should partner with a Philippine national.

In Philippines i think a foreigner is allowed to own around 40-50% of any property meaning he should partner with a Philippine national.

Yea you have to 'marry' a Filipina. lol. Or find a local partner. This is very common for Japanese business owners in the Philippines, marrying a local woman to purchase property, then paying her off to hand over full custody of the property.

Typical process for foreigners doing business in the Philippines.

Yea you have to 'marry' a Filipina. lol. Or find a local partner. This is very common for Japanese business owners in the Philippines, marrying a local woman to purchase property, then paying her off to hand over full custody of the property.

Typical process for foreigners doing business in the Philippines.
:woot: interesting

Just out of curiosity, can someone give me an estimated price range for a 3 bedroom house and apartment in Baoji city and Xi'an city and Ningxia province. Also what are the rules and regulations for non resident non Chinese for buying property in China? And what if a non Chinese has a Chinese wife?
dont know much.
I think the rules is different in different cities in china.
In shanghai there were some real estate property only for foreigner.(was relative more expensive than normal)
the home where I live in the center was this kind of property.
a taiwanese buy the realestate first, and I buy it from him.

you should check the local rules.

dont know much.
I think the rules is different in different cities in china.
In shanghai there were some real estate property only for foreigner.(was relative more expensive than normal)
the home where I live in the center was this kind of property.
a taiwanese buy the realestate first, and I buy it from him.

you should check the local rules.

Shanghai also is one of the most expensive places to live in China, tho. Its like the Manhattan, NYC of Chinese cities in terms of property costs. I'd suggest him to look at some other great cities but more affordable costs like:

Tianjin, Macau, Fuyang, Huangshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Gaoyao.

For me, the greatest places would be in Guangdong Province....!

Very significant. 10 million units in only such a limited sample in this study. One can only imagine the entire spectrum across all of China.

Sight...Chinese house ownership rate = 90%.
Chinese population = 1.3 billion
Chinese average family size =3.13;

Total Number of units in theory, assuming each family only has one unit

1.3 billion*90%/3.13 = 373 million units at bare minimum. Of course, the actual number is much higher since many people has second or third houses.

Now, a quarter of that 373 million will be moving to cities within the next few decades. You can see why the bubble isn't bursting anytime soon.

Sight...Chinese house ownership rate = 90%.
Chinese population = 1.3 billion
Chinese average family size =3.13;

Total Number of units in theory, assuming each family only has one unit

1.3 billion*90%/3.13 = 373 million units at bare minimum. Of course, the actual number is much higher since many people has second or third houses.

Now, a quarter of that 373 million will be moving to cities within the next few decades. You can see why the bubble isn't bursting anytime soon.

Massive urbanization,little horribleo_O

Back
Top Bottom