What's new

Zorawar Singh Memorial in Tibet

I stop reading after you said our constitution does not give absolute freedom of speech, you think any country does? Nope there is laws like hate speech which prevent certain taboo subjects.

I think you don't even know what you are saying, one minute you say this and later you contridict yourself.

What can I advice you is to go see the world and you will get a view from different perspectives.

Again a LOL.... Do you even know the western concept of 'free speech' ? it includes the RIGHT to OFFEND, to insult, to draw cartoons of prophet muhammed. They have the freedom to Burn their own flag. To make an underwear out of their flag. etc.

506365077-underwear-with-the-uk-flag-on-a-string-gettyimages.jpg

5137o4HdNaL.jpg

This is Absolute Free Speech. You can't do this in India.

I suggest you take your own advice and actually see the word rather than live in your narrow silo and claim to read Upanishad as if that is a substitute for the real word.

Again a LOL.... Do you even know the western concept of 'free speech' ? it includes the RIGHT to OFFEND, to insult, to draw cartoons of prophet muhammed. They have the freedom to Burn their own flag. To make an underwear out of their flag. etc.

506365077-underwear-with-the-uk-flag-on-a-string-gettyimages.jpg

5137o4HdNaL.jpg

This is Absolute Free Speech. You can't do this in India.

I suggest you take your own advice and actually see the word rather than live in your narrow silo and claim to read Upanishad as if that is a substitute for the real word.

I am talking about bigger issues like racism, religions abuse etc. There were books like the satanic verses banned in India, there is silly laws in every country for example you can't deface the Queens head on a coin nor kill a swan (property of the realm)

Indian law system is predominantly based on British law anyway. Serious question have you ever left India or you still stuck in the village?

Anyway this debate is going no where, I am for having more historical characters on the Rupee notes end of debate on my side.

I am talking about bigger issues like racism, religions abuse etc. There were books like the satanic verses banned in India, there is silly laws in every country for example you can't deface the Queens head on a coin nor kill a swan (property of the realm)

Indian law system is predominantly based on British law anyway. Serious question have you ever left India or you still stuck in the village?

Anyway this debate is going no where, I am for having more historical characters on the Rupee notes end of debate on my side.

LOL....Now you are shifting goalposts.

What "issues" like "racism, religious abuse" are you talking about ? :lol: ....... how is that related to Constitutional rights and duties ?

Indian LAW is not the same as Indian CONSTITUTION. It is painfully clear that you do not even know the difference between the two.

I am glad you are terminating this conversation. I couldn't be happier. I find it painful to tolerate idiots.

LOL....Now you are shifting goalposts.

What "issues" like "racism, religious abuse" are you talking about ? :lol: ....... how is that related to Constitutional rights and duties ?

Indian LAW is not the same as Indian CONSTITUTION. It is painfully clear that you do not even know the difference between the two.

I am glad you are terminating this conversation. I couldn't be happier. I find it painful to tolerate idiots.

This from the person who claimed we are a dharmic country and kept harping on about Gandhi yet there is nothing in the constitution which claims so.

This from the person who claimed we are a dharmic country and kept harping on about Gandhi yet there is nothing in the constitution which claims so.

I have already provided proof of my claims. Maybe you should consider the option that you are too stupid to understand it.

You so smart you are unaware the RBI was actually considering other figures on the banknotes lol now you claim I am the idiot

I have already provided proof of my claims. Maybe you should consider the option that you are too stupid to understand it.

No you proved you are the village idiot when even the RBI were looking at what I mentioned

You so smart you are unaware the RBI was actually considering other figures on the banknotes lol now you claim I am the idiot

That is how it works you moron ........ people and institutions and organizations consider many things. Wake me up when they actually do it. Then we can talk.

That is how it works you moron ........ people and institutions and organizations consider many things. Wake me up when they actually do it. Then we can talk.

It shows my suggestion was not only my thinking it was being considered by the RBI but a pea brain like yours who never left his village can't understand it.

It shows my suggestion was not only my thinking it was being considered by the RBI but a pea brain like yours who never left his village can't understand it.

In a democracy and a free society every idiotic suggestions is considered before being thrown into the trash bin. Now that is something even a pea brain can understand. Let me know if you do.

In a democracy and a free society every idiotic suggestions is considered before being thrown into the trash bin. Now that is something even a pea brain can understand. Let me know if you do.

I understood very little of the gibberish that you wrote, much of it was verbal diarrhoea in my view. I merely expressed my opinion that I would like to see other characters on the banknotes along with Gandhi, there are many Indians who also think along those lines. Instead I was being given a history lesson by the village buffoon on how India is a dharmic country and gandhi this or that.

I understood very little of the gibberish that you wrote, much of it was verbal diarrhoea in my view. I merely expressed my opinion that I would like to see other characters on the banknotes along with Gandhi, there are many Indians who also think along those lines. Instead I was being given a history lesson by the village buffoon on how India is a dharmic country and gandhi this or that.

You do not have to share proof of your mental retardation with us. We understand that there are many things beyond your understanding and comprehension. You have my sympathy.

Hopefully others will understand what I have written.

You only need to remember the following. Always read slow and take deep breaths. Don't forget to flush after use and don't play with your pee-pee.

The intention of the hero shit is wanna insinuate that Tibet was occupied by Indian once, I can smell the shit in it. If you love the general so much, you can apply visa from China ambasy and visit his grave in Tibet. People from Arunachal's can free of Visa.

Thirty years – In search of General Zorawar Singh (1786 – 1841)
Posted by Amardeep Singh on Sep 24, 2013 in Blog, General, Travel | 75 comments

Hundreds of human skeletons, some with frozen flesh attached to them, can still be found around Roopkund (16,500 feet), a remote glacial lake in the lap of Trishul massif in Himalayas. The presence of these skeletons was first discovered in 1942 by the Himalayan ranger H K Madhwal.

best-8ls-1024x732.jpg

Roopkund-Lake-Location-on-Google-SightSeeing-s-1024x682.jpg

roopkund-95s-1024x819.jpg

Skull-s-1024x485.jpg

I was fortunate to be schooled at The Doon School, Dehradun (India), an institution that valued the importance of growth by encouraging us to trek in the Himalayas. In 1983, when I was seventeen, a group of senior students successfully trekked to Roopkund, bringing samples of human bones.

With a sense of curiosity, I asked my housemaster, Mr. Vaishnav, “Why are so many skeletons found around this remote lake?”

Mr. Vaishnav replied, “These are believed to be the remains of General Zorawar Singh’s soldiers who got lost in the Himalayas while returning from the Tibetan plateau.”

Who was General Zorawar Singh?

Photo below : General Zorawar Singh’s statue at Fort in Leh (Ladakh)

MG_8033ab1-682x1024.jpg

The plains of Indian sub-continent since 9th century had been continuously invaded, looted and ruled by many dynasties. It was only with the rise of the Sikh kingdom in Punjab, during the regime of Maharajah Ranjit Singh (1780 – 1839), the “Lion of Punjab”, this trend was reversed.

Ranjit Singh’s military career can be divided into three phases.

• 1799 – 1809 : Consolidation of the Sikh forces, leading to capture of Lahore.

• 1809 – 1823 : Expansion of empire to include Multan, Peshawar and Kashmir. It is in this phase that Hari Singh Nalwa, his trusted General extended the empires reach till Khyber pass, along Afghanistan border. This was a historic achievement as only thereafter no foreign invasion to Indian sub-continent happened from Afghanistan.

• 1823 – 1839 : Consolidation and further expansion. It is in this phase that General Zorawar Singh, operating under the military leadership of Gulab Singh (the Dogra minister in Ranjit Singh’s cabinet who was asked to manage the affairs of Kashmir), led expansionary military expeditions to Ladakh (1834), Baltistan (1840) and Tibet (1841).

The British had conquered the entire India, falling East of river Sutlej and were now limited by the treaty of Amritsar, signed with Maharajah Ranjit Singh, that stopped them from making a westward advance into Punjab and beyond. It also limited Ranjit Singh from capturing territories east of river Sutlej. The only option for expansion of the Sikh kingdom was North of Kashmir into Ladakh.

Zorawar Singh was born at Khalur, now in the state of Himachal Pradesh, which was then a part of Punjab. At a very young age, he rose to become a General in Maharajah Ranjit Singh’s army.

In 1834, General Zorawar Singh led an expedition to Ladakh via Kishtwar, Dachin, Marwah, Warwan, crossing the Lanvila pass at 14,500 feet. At Suru and Leh valley, his forces constructed forts for administration of the region.

Scan below from Gulabnama : General Zorawar Singh with Gyalpo, the King of Ladakh

IMG_0002s1-713x1024.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom