What's new

Zhuhai Air Show 2014 - Updates & Discussions

"Falcon Eagle"
J-31 Stealth Fighter
Ally Pakistan is a likely first market
test-flight-of-j-31-2[1].jpg

We are talking about engines:DThey have only one template to copy and its al-31f.

Not exactly. They have had their templates but design was NEVER an issue. The Chinese can design a variable cycle engine today.. what they cannot do is come up with the materials to build it. Today's Chinese engines all suffer from that single limiter. To solve that the Chinese are taking the two pronged approach of try to replicate along with directed purchasing of information. Their idea is that if they can learn how to develop the alloys used on the PW-100 reliably.. they can take it further from there.

Not exactly. They have had their templates but design was NEVER an issue. The Chinese can design a variable cycle engine today.. what they cannot do is come up with the materials to build it. Today's Chinese engines all suffer from that single limiter. To solve that the Chinese are taking the two pronged approach of try to replicate along with directed purchasing of information. Their idea is that if they can learn how to develop the alloys used on the PW-100 reliably.. they can take it further from there.

I agree,,but with this yardstick india already has a vce,,ie kaveri(yeah) and facing same problem.......................single crystal blades and compressor components.

But chinese have surged ahead i think due to rampant and shameless(i support it btw) reverse engineering with lot of hit and trial plus of late they are putting too much money into it.

Will take just 10-15 years to overtake russia

"Falcon Eagle"
J-31 Stealth Fighter
Ally Pakistan is a likely first market
]

Sorry, but following this interview the PAF will not purchase the FC-31 ! Sadly ....

Pakistan Air Force Colonel: We do not buy the F-31 2014-11-12 14:46:14 Source: Netease military

Colonel Aamir: F-31 is a very good fighter, even better "Fierce Dragon" performance ratio. But I think the "Fierce Dragon" Air Force is currently able to meet our needs, there is no intention to buy.
Pakistan Air Force Colonel: We do not buy the F-31

November 12 morning, Netease military in front of reporters for the Pakistan Air Force Colonel Aamir had an exclusive interview, the Pakistan Air Force, he was a senior representative of the exhibition. It is worth mentioning that, in the booth across from the Palestinian side is that the F-31 stealth fighter model stands. The following is a reporter's interview with Colonel Aamir.

Do you think the "Fierce Dragon" fighter (Pakistan called JF-17) how to behave in the Pakistan Air Force?

Colonel Aamir: I think the "Fierce Dragon" is a very good fighter, maintenance, performance is very good, our Air Force pilots on the "Fierce Dragon" evaluation are very high.

How do you see for the F-31 "falcon Eagle" stealth fighter? Are Pakistan Air Force intends to buy?

Colonel Aamir: F-31 is a very good fighter, even better "Fierce Dragon" performance ratio. But I think the "Fierce Dragon" Air Force is currently able to meet our needs, there is no intention to buy.

Do you think the Pakistan Air Force in the future the possibility of cooperation in use "Fierce Dragon" fighter, the introduction of the F-31 it?

Colonel Aamir: I think it is very possible that Pakistan aircraft research and development, there are many places to learn from China.

Sadly I'm so far not allowed to post the link here :-(

We are talking about engines:DThey have only one template to copy and its al-31f.

My good friend he-man, its not possible to really copy an engine, if it was then many other countries would have done it already, but no, its not the case. Today they are still only 4 countries who have a reliable operational engine i.e U.K, U.S, France, and Russia(some will add Germany as well). its been this way for decades now, and no other country has been able to sucessfully produce(or copy) an engine that is as reliable as these 4 countries for several years/decades now. So there you go, its not everything one can copy.:D

My good friend he-man, its not possible to really copy an engine, if it was then many other countries would have done it already, but no, its not the case. Today they are still only 4 countries who have a reliable operational engine i.e U.K, U.S, France, and Russia(some will add Germany as well). its been this way for decades now, and no other country has been able to sucessfully produce(or copy) an engine that is as reliable as these 4 countries for several years/decades now. So there you go, its not everything one can copy.:D

U clearly have no idea about chinese:lol:
They will do it and results will be out pretty soon for u to be shocked.

The only problem is materials,,,designing is not the difficult part here:coffee:

Don't be so confident China can't match the west in jet engine production, China invest 5 billions dollar to develop the core engine, China jet engine will eventually mature with time, money, human resource invest into building their engine. Every nation go through the long process to develop jet engine. Even US and Russia mature engine caught fire on f35 and su50 while took off from the runway.

U clearly have no idea about chinese:lol:
They will do it and results will be out pretty soon for u to be shocked.

The only problem is materials,,,designing is not the difficult part here:coffee:

If they could, then they would have long done it. Giving they had this problem for a long time now, and have been trying to build one for a longg time. So as i said, not everything can be copied(thats if they are indeed trying to copy it). Its simply impossible to copy an engine, you can get some ideas/learn from one, but you cant really replicate it completely(not a fighter jet engine).:disagree: So if they indeed suceed in building a reliable one, then i dont think its a result of blatantly copying. there must be other reasons for this.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom