What's new

Z-10 or T-129 Atak or AH-1Z for the Pakistan Army?

My Reasons to go with WZ-10

1. sanctions wont affect it, we wont be relying on western engines
2. it can take more max. load than the T129
3. its max speed is more than 300kph while the T129 is at 278kph
4. the T129 can reach a max height of 6096m (20,000 ft) meanwhile the wz-10 can go upto 6400m
5. the range (the distance between which it can fly) of the T129 is 561 km while the wz-10 is 800+ km

for further statistics refer the link, as per my opinion i posted the things that mattered most for an attack helo.

sources for info

T129 : TAI/AgustaWestland T129 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
WZ-10 : CAIC WZ-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

henceforth i go with WZ-10 :china:

no doubt the effort put up by Turkey is immense and is highly appreciated, however it may not suite our requirement most probably due to political reasons, and I personally find that the Wz-10 fits perfectly according to our requirements and needs

4. the T129 can reach a max height of 6096km (20,000 ft) meanwhile the wz-10 can go upto 6400m
5. the range (the distance between which it can fly) of the T129 is 561 km while the wz-10 is 800+ km

Just pointing out a typo...but we might actually be able to use T129 for our space program too! :woot: :nana:

We also have a saying: Jitna gur dalo gai uttna meetha hoi ga

The more sugar you put, the more sweeter it gets. :D

We also have another one: Tatli yiyelim tatli konusalim

Eat sweet talk sweet :)

if we compare price as earlier our air chief told
3 jf-17 thunders = 1 f-16
than 1 TAI/AgustaWestland T129= 2 CAIC WZ-10 approximately

actually JF-17 is $18-20 Million per piece and F-16s are $65 Million per piece; so
65/18=3.6111
Which makes

3-4 JF-17s = 1 F-16s with no jobs for Pakistanis nor skills.....

1. sanctions wont affect it, we wont be relying on western engines
2. it can take more max. load than the T129
3. its max speed is more than 300kph while the T129 is at 278kph
4. the T129 can reach a max height of 6096m (20,000 ft) meanwhile the wz-10 can go upto 6400m

for further statistics refer the link, as per my opinion i posted the things that mattered most for an attack helo.

sources for info

T129 : TAI/AgustaWestland T129 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
WZ-10 : CAIC WZ-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

henceforth i go with WZ-10 :china:

no doubt the effort put up by Turkey is immense and is highly appreciated, however it may not suite our requirement most probably due to political reasons, and I personally find that the Wz-10 fits perfectly according to our requirements and needs

Actually PAC needs to do JV with Chinese on 5 types of Transport Helicopters as well as one type of Attack similar to Apache....

I think pac go for jv with china because in future china is more important in effective player ln world and in our region and it is in our nebour and most important thing is no deliver problem

Chinese+Z-10+Gunship+Helicopter.jpg

TY-90
PL-90 is one of the smallest and lightest AAMs in the world developed specifically for helicopter self-defence against enemy helicopters and slow moving fixed-wing aircraft. A total of 8 PL-90s were seen carried by Z-9WA/WZ attack helicopter. Its length is 1,862mm, diameter 90mm, weight 20kg, warhead 3kg, range 500-6,000m, engage altitude 0-6,000m, max speed 2 Mach, max load 20g. It features a dual-band IR seeker with a good IRCCM property, giving the missile an all-aspect engage capability. It also features a laser proximity fuse as well. PL-90 appears to have been derived from shoulder-launched QW-1/2 SAM which is comparable to the American Stinger missile. Its export version was first revealed at the 1998 Zhuhai Airshow as TY-90. PL-90 entered the service with PLA Army Aviation in 2006.
TY-90.jpg
The missile can be carried by Z-9W/WA/WZ, Mi-17, Z-10 and Z-19. However PL-90 has still yet to prove its effectiveness in real combat due to its small size.
PL-90.jpg

Exposure: China WZ10 helicopter combat capability comparable U.S. Apache
Following a successful test flight F -20 fighter, the Chinese then came the shocking news about the new armaments: China developed its own attack helicopter WZ -10 has been fitted. WZ -10 is China first designed specifically for combat helicopters, Western military experts estimate its combat ability and U.S. Apache attack helicopters comparable.

The article said that in the middle of this month, the mainland's military sites began to appear WZ -10 helicopter pictures, new pictures and appeared on the Internet in recent years, the WZ -10 testing machine is not the same picture, the picture of the aircraft instead of the original light blue, People's Liberation Army helicopters have been painted dark green and have to "LH" word at the beginning of the number displayed in the aviation service.
[ ת����Ѫ���� ÌúѪÂÛ̳ ¨C ÌúѪÉçÇø - ÌúѪÍø ]

The article mentioned that recently a lot on the internet and then clear WZ -10 flight photograph of a front, side, rear and bottom multi-angle, can be inferred from the picture clarity fighter was not high from the ground, these photographs Takenao -10 number has more than can be inferred that the PLA has been equipped with a considerable number of WZ -10. Allegedly, these photo shoot locations are Nanjing suburb.

The article said that there is this group of military enthusiasts than WZ -10 photos and test drive before appearing online photos, find the column filled WZ -10 and testing machines are very different, there are changes in addition to the driver cockpit, the most obvious the engine is completely different. There are those who claim to know the inside story revealed that the test machine is manufactured in Canada PT6C-67C engines, but under pressure from Canada, the United States canceled the delivery program, making the Chinese WZ -10 fitted out in time had to be delayed. Recent aircraft engine research and development in China made a breakthrough, now fitted out WZ -10 using domestic WZ-9 engine.

Article then commented that U.S. military equipment, AH-64 Apache helicopter is a kind of attack helicopters, fighter in the Gulf have excelled. Are familiar with the Chinese military's Western commentators believe that China WZ -10 is a world class medium attack helicopters, and AH-64 becomes smaller than that, it will be less linked to bomb, but the armor, weapon performance better than the AH-64 etc. inferior, mobility may be higher. It is the advent of the most important is to make China's attack helicopter with specially designed, and to upgrade the helicopter production technology level for 20 years in one fell swoop.
Exposure: China WZ10 helicopter combat capability comparable to the U.S. Apache - Air Force Forum - Jagged Community

The Transfer of TECHNOLOGY option is very enticing option so Turkish Helicopter wins however from performance perspective I value Chinese Technology

If it was for me I would get 80 Turkish Helicopters with TOT and 80 Chinese Helicopters.

Back
Top Bottom