What's new

Stunning Image Of China’s ‘Apache Helicopter’ (Z-10ME) Breaks Internet; Netizens Speculate A Possible Sale To Pakistan

If they were good - the Chinese would be shouting about the values from the roof tops. But they dont, and that information is simply not available anywhere.
When it comes to new weapons, China never reveals all the secrets, we never shout from the roof top.

Alot of the systems coming out of China do not state airframe lifespans, nor do they specify MTBF, MTBO, cost, fuel efficiency ratings.

We dont know if the Chinese have caught up with the Russians interms of MTBF, MTBO, cost, fuel efficiency ratings, let alone potentially have leap frogged them.

If they were good - the Chinese would be shouting about the values from the roof tops. But they dont, and that information is simply not available anywhere.

Makes you wonder..
What flawed logic is that? Do you expect China to advertise specs of classified info? Do you realise if you ever do PLA watching, the first thing you will find out is that they almost never disclose sensitive information, we rely on leaks, rumours, outside observations of certain projects(e.g US detecting hypersonic launches by China) etc.

For example, ones of the ways we can see the reliability are hints via snippets of news regarding material sciences such as a component of a turbofan engine's lifespan reaching 50,000 hours.
This is a post about it from @siegecrossbow :

Alot of the systems coming out of China do not state airframe lifespans, nor do they specify MTBF, MTBO, cost, fuel efficiency ratings.

We dont know if the Chinese have caught up with the Russians interms of MTBF, MTBO, cost, fuel efficiency ratings, let alone potentially have leap frogged them.

Makes you wonder..
Chinese military is very secretive. Even the specs for well known weapons are estimates by PLA watchers. They aren’t officially published or even acknowledged. PLA watching is an art form. Only a few understand it.

Currently Turkey is making T-929 , superior to its T129 helicopters.The TAI T929 ATAK 2 is a twin-engine, heavy attack helicopter under development by Turkish Aerospace Industries. The helicopter is designed for attack, electronic warfare and reconnaissance missions in all-weather environments in both day and night. Due to failure to get T-129 and T-929 , Pakistan is getting Z-10 ME.
Z-10ME is equipped with a new infrared depressor that renders it more capable of evading enemy missiles . Z10ME is an advanced attack helicopter in the 6-ton category, which has day/night combat capability and can carry a variety of weapons such as air-to-ground missiles, air-to-air missiles, rockets, and cannons.

Brothers do you know,how many of Z-10 ME helicopters will Pakistan buy from China .
How will you compare Z-10ME with T-129 and T-929 helicopters , please

Perhaps the “WZ-16” may not be, but some derivative, based on the technology or a combination of inputs (such as Russian input from their Mi-28 Havov Helicopters and its engine) could conceivably be developed, which could be used in a heavy attack helicopter. I wouldn’t be surprised if a future Chinese Heavy Attack helicopter gets help from the designers of the Mi-28 as well as Kamov, although the PLA will probably try to leapfrog to a design similar to one of the proposed future US army Attack Helicopter designs; probably the RaiderX design for FARA. This kind of design (with its signature reduction design and twin rotors) would also payoff for a future fast transport helicopter for special forces

Either way, a heavy helicopter, which can fly over the mountains and get to a battle quickly maybe essential in a future conflict in the Himalayas. Also, a heavier helicopter could carry heavier and better sensors (such as a separate EO/IR sensor for each the pilot and gunner to enable hunter killer capabilities), as well as better comms and defenses.

The Apache AH-64D Block III is what is also known as the AH-64E Guardian. This is one of the challenges Chinese troops and military installations may face on the LAC. It’s ability to climb over the mountains with a decent payload could be an essential requirement.

Looks like a heavier attack helicopter maybe under development.

Along with a heavier and faster transport (helicopter) tilt rotor aircraft

Apache to be phased out by higher speed VTOL aircraft.

v-280-valor.jpg

Back
Top Bottom