What's new

Your fav gold/silver ring designs

Diamonds are a girl's best friend.

I prefer simple and elegant rings. I have slim and slender hands, personally on me heavy massive rings is not something for daily wear. However, I do tend to pull it off on occasions such as close Functions etc.

I think simplicity is elegant and looks sophisticated.

If it's for engagement an elegant ring will look better, Wedding some prefer traditional designs. But on a whole this day and age, keep it simple.

All the best :)

I prefer simple and elegant rings. I have slim and slender hands, personally on me heavy massive rings is not something for daily wear. However, I do tend to pull it off on occasions such as close Functions etc.

I think simplicity is elegant and looks sophisticated.

If it's for engagement an elegant ring will look better, Wedding some prefer traditional designs. But on a whole this day and age, keep it simple.

All the best :)
bgtyhx.jpg

BTW, can you share a few examples of "simple & elegant" designs ?

Last edited:

But she also has a favorite color, no?

My engagement ring was pretty simple in design. It was set with a typical white diamond, but after our wedding I had it replaced with a pink one. The ring is similar to this one, but has just two white diamonds alongside the larger pink one.

tickled-pink-engagement-ring0006r52001tickledpinktop2000pxrosegoldjpg.jpg

But she also has a favorite color, no?

My engagement ring was pretty simple in design. It was set with a typical white diamond, but after our wedding I had it replaced with a pink one. The ring is similar to this one, but has just two white diamonds alongside the larger pink one.

tickled-pink-engagement-ring0006r52001tickledpinktop2000pxrosegoldjpg.jpg
That looks cool ... but tbh, I'm not really digging the design with the twist in the middle, other than that it's actually quite good lookin'

So, I'm a bit interested in how the female consumers at PDF browse and shop for/ like their, jewellery especially rings. So why not start a discussion, specifically with regards to ...

• The do's and dont's while shopping for rings etc.

Don't go overboard and buy the first one I like:lol:. I'm a bit whimsical sometimes and can be impulsive. Reminding myself to shop around is very important.

• What you look for .... in terms of specific brands or designs.

The designer or brand doesn't matter much to me, but I do prefer simple, yet elegant designs to overly complex or stone abundant rings. Beauty in simplicity.

• What karatage of gold/ silver do you prefer.

The karat has never been too important to me since I don't wear a lot of jewelry, but for something sentimental like an engagement ring 24kt is definitely a nice gesture.

For anything else so long as it looks nice I suppose. Less pure gold content does tick my allergies though, so that's a concern for me.

• Do you look for white or black gold, rings with diamonds and rubies etc. while shopping.

I adore off color diamonds, blue and pink especially, and emeralds and sapphires, never much cared for rubies though. Black gold is lovely, but I'm not sure I could pull off the look of something like this. It doesn't really fit into my whole personality.

1.54ct+Blue+Round+Diamond+Engagement+Ring+Bridal+Set+18k+Black+Gold+With+a+0.79ct+Center+Diamond+and+0.75ct+of+Surrounding+Diamonds.jpg

Would look right at home with my hair though:lol:. It's basically this.

1ac6e4590af65a76595e8921413d678e.jpg

• What do you specifically look for, like for example, do you generally look for rings that are big with interesting designs etc. or do you generally look for small and plain rings that are a little more classy .. Does your taste change based on the occasion? I've included a few designs in the following picture, to kinda get the ball rolling... So chime in ladies and ... married gentlemen with a big heart :P .

So basically this is what I like. Small band, 3-5 stones, yellow or white gold, either is fine, pink or blue diamonds as the centerpiece with either white diamonds, sapphires or emeralds as a compliment. A twist in the band is fine, but I do prefer simple styles.

990888404_MV_ZM_JAR.jpg

I'm not really a fan of platinum and silver gives me a rash (not the silver itself, but the nickel content within).

That looks cool ... but tbh, I'm not really digging the design with the twist in the middle, other than that it's actually quite good lookin'

I hear you on the twist, It has a weird feel to it, but I guess I'm used to it know. The twist makes it harder to take off too, but I rarely ever take my ring off.

Overall I like it, but might eventually get a new band.

Back
Top Bottom