What's new

Your fav gold/silver ring designs

abdulbarijan

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
So, I'm a bit interested in how the female consumers at PDF browse and shop for/ like their, jewellery especially rings. So why not start a discussion, specifically with regards to ...

• The do's and dont's while shopping for rings etc.

• What you look for .... in terms of specific brands or designs .

• What karatage of gold/ silver do you prefer

• Do you look for white or black gold, rings with diamonds and rubies etc. while shopping..

• What do you specifically look for, like for example, do you generally look for rings that are big with interesting designs etc. or do you generally look for small and plain rings that are a little more classy .. Does your taste change based on the occasion? I've included a few designs in the following picture, to kinda get the ball rolling... So chime in ladies and ... married gentlemen with a big heart :P ..
    6825f7a2632899db3497da53b8e370da.jpg
    genuine-100-925-sterling-silver-hollow-out.jpg
    black-onyx-flower-rings-2016-new-design-4.jpg
    9531685cf73f79dafec436a2104e5f1b.jpg

0391004_3.jpg
    BIVS0006R07_YAA18DIG4XXXXXXXX_ABCD00-PICS-00001-1024-2770.jpg

Last edited:
The do's and dont's while shopping for rings etc.
The size of the ring, and the finger on which it will be worn are important aspects atleast from my POV.
What you look for .... in terms of specific brands or designs .
Its design over brand for me when it comes to accessories.
But if i had to choose a brand then it will mos def be Damas, for most of their designs 're stylish yet simple.

What karatage of gold/ silver do you prefer
If the design is good i might buy an 18K gold ring too. Infact i have.
There's this gold ring with diamond in it, a very simple one, which i wear to match my other diamond jewellery, its 18K only.

If its uncut diamond I prefer it in 22K.

Do you look for white or black gold, rings with diamonds and rubies etc. while shopping..
I like the shine of diamond but unfortunately its not my birth stone, and I 've to wear a ruby(which i dislike) on my ring finger...regularly (as instructed by mother Lol).
Frankly i don't like colored stones be it ruby,emerald or sapphire. Unless I've to match it with the dress that I'm wearing for special occasions(marriages or other traditional functions), I don't buy coloured stones. Mostly because they have poor resale values (oh yes! my stones are my investment. Just like you check the resale value of your cars we check the resale value of our stones...or atleast i do.Typical Indian baniya i am lolz).
When I'm casually dressed(jeans & simple tops) i do not over accessorize.

What do you specifically look for, like for example, do you generally look for rings that are big with interesting designs etc.
If I'm buying it for some occasion, then yes it better be a bold and a big one.

do you generally look for small and plain rings that are a little more classy
The rings that i wear on daily basis are simpler ones. This so because i dont want my ring to get stuck in a dress i wear. So I'm careful with the edges and the stones on the rings specially if I'm wearing dresses with net/lace.

I must say you've a very decent selection. The 4th one is a very pretty design but let me tell you its gonna spoil a lot of my dresses. The reason>>>

upload_2017-7-2_15-59-10.png

Ideally i would like something like the 5th one that you've posted. But for the reasons cited above i would choose the 6th one.

So now tell me why have you developed an interest in rings? Any plans to buy it for someone special? :azn:

I dont know, i personally dont like rings; i feel they are unhygenic. I see ladies or men using hands for cooking when they have gone to bathrooms.
Just an observation.
Above designs are not to my taste - they are mass factory produced.
If you are interested best is to travel to one of the places like Dubai or Oman where jewellers may be able to custom make a ring.

Then for diamonds, i would not waste my money on it. It is over priced and anything quoted, you should push for 30%-50% discount at the very minimum; use a single diamond vs the tiny bits (which are made in labs) they will charge you for the mass price- the reason is there is over 400% markup on it as it goes up the chain but the book value of it is non. Tell them to break down the price. The reason is if you want to exchange a diamond, you will only most likely get 20% of the original value (huge loss). If you are wanting a diamond ring, i tend to buy diamond seperately to negotiate a better price (shop around, there is just a lot of crooks in the market here); get a certificate and check the seal - if they have a microscope for a large size e.g. 0.5ct up, tell them to show you the lasered serial no. Check the source where it came from. Good diamonds are from Botswana, South Africa, Australia. Russian diamonds are also good.

Hope you get good luck.

Last edited:
So, I'm a bit interested in how the female consumers at PDF browse and shop for/ like their, jewellery especially rings. So why not start a discussion, specifically with regards to ...

• The do's and dont's while shopping for rings etc.

• What you look for .... in terms of specific brands or designs .

• What karatage of gold/ silver do you prefer

• Do you look for white or black gold, rings with diamonds and rubies etc. while shopping..

• What do you specifically look for, like for example, do you generally look for rings that are big with interesting designs etc. or do you generally look for small and plain rings that are a little more classy .. Does your taste change based on the occasion? I've included a few designs in the following picture, to kinda get the ball rolling... So chime in ladies and ... married gentlemen with a big heart :P ..
    6825f7a2632899db3497da53b8e370da.jpg
    genuine-100-925-sterling-silver-hollow-out.jpg
    black-onyx-flower-rings-2016-new-design-4.jpg
    9531685cf73f79dafec436a2104e5f1b.jpg

0391004_3.jpg
    BIVS0006R07_YAA18DIG4XXXXXXXX_ABCD00-PICS-00001-1024-2770.jpg

I love rings. First thing you need to find is your size. I don't like big rings so I go with small decent designs. Not even interested in brands, I buy what looks good. A big NO to fake gold rings & colorful stones/pearls. Only black, white and brown is acceptable.

The size of the ring, and the finger on which it will be worn are important aspects atleast from my POV.
Ahan ... so, like in, say if they are skinny fingers ... how do you choose differently (in terms of design) for them compared to others? (Yeah, I know I can be stupid sometimes, but hey ... atleast I'm putting in the effort to learn) :p:
Its design over brand for me when it comes to accessories. But if i had to choose a brand then it will mos def be Damas, for most of their designs 're stylish yet simple.
So in general, your saying, the total collection of the rings and how everything integrates with each other is also something that one has to factor in ... quite interesting ...
If the design is good i might buy an 18K gold ring too. Infact i have.
There's this gold ring with diamond in it, a very simple one, which i wear to match my other diamond jewellery, its 18K only.If its uncut diamond I prefer it in 22K.
For me, I think ... based on the general coloration/ shading, 20-22Kgold looks really good on your normal everyday brown subcontinental complexion. I've browsed a little, and I've also found some rose gold pieces that were actually quite easy on the eyes ...
il_340x270.1111923931_i1bj.jpg

I like the shine of diamond but unfortunately its not my birth stone, and I 've to wear a ruby(which i dislike) on my ring finger...regularly (as instructed by mother Lol).
Frankly i don't like colored stones be it ruby,emerald or sapphire. Unless I've to match it with the dress that I'm wearing for special occasions(marriages or other traditional functions), I don't buy coloured stones. Mostly because they have poor resale values (oh yes! my stones are my investment. Just like you check the resale value of your cars we check the resale value of our stones...or atleast i do.Typical Indian baniya i am lolz).
When I'm casually dressed(jeans & simple tops) i do not over accessorize.
I also think diamonds look alot better than rubies in general/ I also checked out some sapphire stuff ... looks pretty neat!
If I'm buying it for some occasion, then yes it better be a bold and a big one.
The rings that i wear on daily basis are simpler ones. This so because i dont want my ring to get stuck in a dress i wear. So I'm careful with the edges and the stones on the rings specially if I'm wearing dresses with net/lace.
Alrighty ... I'm writing this stuff down :D
ckrmo.jpg

I must say you've a very decent selection. The 4th one is a very pretty design but let me tell you its gonna spoil a lot of my dresses.
Thanks I guess ... lol! ... I was just winging it to be honest, I just browsed a little and put some generic designs that kinda appealed to the eye ...
Ideally i would like something like the 5th one that you've posted. But for the reasons cited above i would choose the 6th one.So now tell me why have you developed an interest in rings? Any plans to buy it for someone special? :azn:
Well we muslim dudes can't wear jewellery ... so ... let's just say, that I've been made aware that there might be a doomsday scenario coming sometime in the near to mid future, and I'm just prepping .. getting my hands on info that can help etc. :D :D

I love rings. First thing you need to find is your size. I don't like big rings so I go with small decent designs. Not even interested in brands, I buy what looks good. A big NO to fake gold rings & colorful stones/pearls. Only black, white and brown is acceptable.
Doesn't it depend on the design though ... and what the ultimate product is? I mean ... There are some things in black with colored stones that look pretty nice .. Watcha think teacher? :P
b92976bce7d1d817514a5763a054f3cc--black-gold-engagement-rings-ruby-rings.jpg

I dont know, i personally dont like rings; i feel they are unhygenic. I see ladies or men using hands for cooking when they have gone to bathrooms.
Just an observation.
Above designs are not to my taste - they are mass factory produced.
If you are interested best is to travel to one of the places like Dubai or Oman where jewellers may be able to custom make a ring.

Then for diamonds, i would not waste my money on it. It is over priced and anything quoted, you should push for 30%-50% discount at the very minimum; use a single diamond vs the tiny bits (which are made in labs) they will charge you for the mass price- the reason is there is over 400% markup on it as it goes up the chain but the book value of it is non. Tell them to break down the price. The reason is if you want to exchange a diamond, you will only most likely get 20% of the original value (huge loss). If you are wanting a diamond ring, i tend to buy diamond seperately to negotiate a better price (shop around, there is just a lot of crooks in the market here); get a certificate and check the seal - if they have a microscope for a large size e.g. 0.5ct up, tell them to show you the lasered serial no. Check the source where it came from. Good diamonds are from Botswana, South Africa, Australia. Russian diamonds are also good.

Hope you get good luck.
Thank you for the detailed info .... so, what kinda designs do you like? simple bands with some designing on them or flashy big rings etc.

Doesn't it depend on the design though ... and what the ultimate product is? I mean ... There are some things in black with colored stones that look pretty nice .. Watcha think teacher? :P

I have a similar one but with no blue pearl in it. To me it doesn't look nice. :D
Gold, white gold, stone, metal & anything that look good. In stones of course Ruby, sapphire and emerald. :D

Ruby stone goes with my horoscope too :D

I have a similar one but with no blue pearl in it. To me it doesn't look nice. :D
Gold, white gold, stone, metal & anything that look good. In stones of course Ruby, sapphire and emerald. :D

Ruby stone goes with my horoscope too :D
Aren't you taking this horoscope stuff a little too seriously :P ...As far as that black ring goes, if you were to redesign it ... what would it look like (based on the designs that appeal to you)?

Aren't you taking this horoscope stuff a little too seriously

HAHA. I was hoping for a similar reply. The only reason I mentioned. :D

As far as that black ring goes, if you were to redesign it ... what would it look like (based on the designs that appeal to you)?

I wouldn't have chosen this blue colored stone. It will look much better with white stone or simply with no stone it. This blue isn't appealing to my eyes at least.

HAHA. I was hoping for a similar reply. The only reason I mentioned. :D
Matlab paper pehlai hi out hua hua hai ... :P
I wouldn't have chosen this blue colored stone. It will look much better with white stone or simply with no stone it. This blue isn't appealing to my eyes at least.
I'd go with the latter, no stone would definitely make it look a lot better ... a mix of classy and stylish, plus it'll be a go-to accessory with black clothing ...

Last edited:
:P
Yes. Plus you can wear it on any occasion weddings, BDs, Grad ceremony etc.
As an attendee sure, but I doubt anyone that any girl would want this piece for their own wedding .. it's a bit ... I don't know ... boring I guess and doesn't exactly fit the norm of whats expected ... I mean sure these designs are good and all, but ... those gold and white gold designs are still far better so I'd kinda agree with the previous post of yours ... that is unless the producers get real creative with black gold .. white and the regular gold shade is a better choice .. btw what do ya think of this one? ( this is a white gold band with sapphire and diamond)
21209_main

I bought this type of ring to my wife.
So ... did she like it?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom