What's new

Young Doctors Demand Rights In Punjab

I dont know if their demands are legit or not but I wad very disheartened to see these young doctors dancing and laughing on their protests meanwhile death toll of untreated people is rising every hour. The least they can do is work for limited hours maybe or at limited manpower and at least tend to serious case victims so there isn't loss of life.

But khair, Pakistan mein insaani jaan ki kiya value honi hai. If this was going on here in the US there would be criminal charges on every protesting member. People employed at jobs directly involved with public safety - cops, firefighters, doctors - cannot go on strike, some states may only let about 20% of the work force be on strike by law.

i travel to Islamabad thrice a week in daewoo and i have done feature on Daewoo hostesses and drivers and FYI the salary of a driver there is 12K.

and FYI they dont have any off and continuous duty and often they get another roaster to far flung areas like Swat too.

ive worked on 3 conseqtive eids [without pay] -- all 3 days of every eid --- you cant even apply for hospital doctors accomodation if u aint getting 12000 pay---

' half of the patients die in gov hospitals'

reality check-- 99% terminal disease prevelance is in gov. hospital as compared to less than 20% in private hospitals/clinics

as the prevelance is high, naturally the incidence of death is also high

simple biostats

Bhai sahab why dont you post some proofs for that you are working without pay??

as far as the rules goes even trainees are paid.

depends on the unit--- generally more than 50% houseofficers and pgs are honourary -- just ask any doctor , even better go to he admin office

You are not living in miseries rather the patients whom you are forcing in living under miseries by stealing the money fixed for health facilities by selling medicines and medical equipment from Govt Hospitals in black in market.

:angry: stop your propaganda.

You guys have killed two dozen innocent patients in last two days.

Hey Wait a second here!!
The fact is that docotors have rights. Even when we strike a skeleton staff is left behind to watch the patients. Even if the juniors go on strike, the senior doctors are on call and look after patients. Times are hard and there is no denying the fact that just like every facet of middle class living, doctors are feeling the pinch as well. If you are blamimg the striking doctors for the deaths of all the patients what were the seniors doing ? It is not the junior doctors who have the patients under their names but the senior ones. So go and blame them.
Araz

Hey Wait a second here!!
The fact is that docotors have rights. Even when we strike a skeleton staff is left behind to watch the patients. Even if the juniors go on strike, the senior doctors are on call and look after patients. Times are hard and there is no denying the fact that just like every facet of middle class living, doctors are feeling the pinch as well. If you are blamimg the striking doctors for the deaths of all the patients what were the seniors doing ? It is not the junior doctors who have the patients under their names but the senior ones. So go and blame them.
Araz

The seniors joined hands with juniors and those who were giving treatment were also threatened by the protesting trainees :(

so many people die more than 100. this is not civilized way to put forwards demands and that too when govt announced raise of 20,000 for PGs they are not accepting it.

i dont know why both sides in punjab are playing party politics but here in KP i will support use of force against such inhuman behviour of protesters

This whole issue is not easy to solve, given the shortage of resources compared to the demands on the healthcare system. However, some stopgap measures to relieve acute pressures are needed for sure.

I am a doctor as well and I support my brethren in punjab. MORALITY AND ETHICS DOES NOT FEED. To hell with serving humanity.

Very soon we are having a strike in sindh.

The government is RESPONSIBLE for HEALTH CARE and any loss of life is their responsibility. Doctors have no onus on them.

It's a WAR for our rights and IN WAR THERE IS GOING TO BE "COLLATERAL DAMAGE".

first feed docters' bellies , then critisize the docters if they waiver..

the islamic empire never faltered on benefits for 3 sectors-- teachers, doctors, army

nowadays they are the most underrated and mishandeled

the lathee charge and arrests were instrumental in the emergency shutdown

We doctors must be brave enough to openly say that this BULL$HIT of "NOBLE PROFESSION" must be thrown away.

We give services to clients (patients) and we expect payment from these clients (patients).

I would smash the faces of all those HUMANITY, MORALITY and ETHICS lovers.

The general public which does not pay taxes must not complain when they are not getting health care.

PAY TAXES SO THAT WE CAN GET OUR PAY RAISES.

:disagree: its the general public the poor majority of them who visit Govt Hospitals for treatment and the same general public is paying taxes indirectly in utility bills and on every other product including food items. the same tax payer money is paid to govt employees.

Those who dont pay taxes are elite and they dont go to pathetic govt hospitals hence they are not complaining at all.

i wonder all of those members somehow related to medicine here are just too happy over killing of over 100 people and the misbheviour and torture of patients by these trainee doctors.

We doctors must be brave enough to openly say that this BULL$HIT of "NOBLE PROFESSION" must be thrown away.

We give services to clients (patients) and we expect payment from these clients (patients).

I would smash the faces of all those HUMANITY, MORALITY and ETHICS lovers.

Yes please do so and when you are interviewed by TV channels pleeeeeeeease spare us of that fake humanity talk which every other wana be doctors is saying "main doctor ban ka insanyat ki khidmat karna chahta hoon" :whistle::whistle:

I am a citizen of Pakistan before being a doctor.

As a citizen I can go for strike and protest.

We are protesting/striking as CITIZENS; OUR PROFESSIONS ARE OF SECONDARY IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS GIVEN TO US AS CITIZENS.

Now that's the justification for our strike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom