What's new

YEH DIL MAANGE MORE !!!!

We all remember "Yeh Dil Maange More"
but do we remember the brave son of Mother India who made this slogan a reality in Kargil war. Today is Param Vir Chakra, Captain Vikram Batra's Birthday.
Salute to the brave son of Mother India.

wWLik.jpg

yes we do remember him and will continue to do so till our last breath , a true son of the soil , ie india, may every mother of india give birth to a son like this . salute to u brave heart.

Captain Batra will always be remembered. RIP brave MAN

Indeed. Can you identify that MG ?

if iam not wrong while this machine gun was captured it made headlines and came to know that it was universal machine gun.

Some famous quotes from Capt. Vikram Batra PVC

• Batra’s last words were the battle cry “Jai Mata Di!” (“Victory to Mother Durga!” in Punjabi)
  • Batra’s Yeh Dil Maange More! (My heart asks for more!), erstwhile a popular slogan for a Pepsi commercial, became an iconic battle cry that swept across the country and remains popular with millions of Indians, invoked at patriotic public events, in memory of the war and the soldiers, and as a symbol of the indomitable spirit of Indian patriotism and valor in face of future attacks.
  • Upon reaching Point 5140, he got into a cheeky radio exchange with an enemy commander, who challenged him by saying, “Why have you come Sher Shah (Vikram’s nick name given by his commanding officer)? You will not go back.” Captain Vikram Batra is said to have replied, “We shall see within one hour, who remains on the top.”
  • While dragging Lt. Naveen back under cover, Naveen pleaded to Captain Batra to let him continue the fight in spite the injuries to which Captain Batra replied “Tu baal bachedaar hai!! Hatt jaa peeche,” (“You have kids and wife to look after! Get back!”).
  • “Ya toh Tiranga lehrake awunga, ya fir Tirange mein lipta huwa awunga, lekin awunga” (Either I will come back after hoisting the Tricolour (Indian flag), or I will come back wrapped in it, but I will be back for sure).
  • “In reply to a Pakistani’s taunt that they will leave Kashmir if Indians give them Madhuri Dixit, a popular bollywood actress, gave him the reply, “Sorry, Madhuri is busy!”. he then shot the taunter and said ” From Madhuri,With love”

What a brave man. Every indian is proud of him. RIP the true son of mother india!!!!

Back
Top Bottom