What's new

Women who married Afghan refugees stage protest in Peshawar

please Pakistanis , i know what mess these afghan refugees are and they should be deported once and for all ............but our daughters of pakistan should never go there , they are Pakistani daughters , they are daughters of the soil , their husbands should be given Pakistani citizenship and cancel their afghan citizenship , or allowed to stay after registration .........please don't expel our daughters ............it not their choice whom they marry .............how can she live if her afghan sons and afghan husband is deported , she would also go with them as she is a mother and wife and only best know how to sacrifice ..... it is our insult if she has to leave her country to go to that mess , she is born in pakistan and just because of marriage she must not go ................daughters of pakistan should be treated as such with respect ...........
It is a difficult situation no doubt. But Pakistan must come first. If her husband had done illegal acts or came illegally then as punishment he should be repatriated or a refugee he should be repatriated otherwise what example will this show? As to the Pakistani wife, she can remain and get a divorce or she can move to her husband's country. Remember in both Pakistani and Afghan culture women marry into the man's family.
Of course there will be exceptional cases but they will be exceptionally rare.

Na maloom afraad ko supari daitey hain @Pakistani Exile zara Pappu Grenade ko phone lagao :D

My reach doesn't reach Quetta, I am afraid. Han ager Karachi se to phir baat hai...:angel:

@Divergent1

I agree with you that many Pakistanis have become very hardened towards Afghans, and many innocent Afghans will no doubt be suffering because of the backlash. I really feel sorry for these women and I think the government should do something about cases like these, no sane person would want to break up a household. However, their menfolk should be held accountable if they did indeed get papers etc illegally. We can't continue to bend over backwards to accommodate a people who do not even accept our country and claim half of it as their own.

many Asian men have married to white girls, should they go back to their country with their wives?
Many PDFers sound like Donald Trump.
Take it easy guys.

Why should they go they are Pakistanis i think this is a tricky situation

It is tricky.As per traditions after marriage a women is supposed to go to her husbands home.If she married a afghan national than should she not go their.

This just proves that the is no muslim ummah and Pakistan thekedari of indian muslim is just to cause nuisance

please Pakistanis , i know what mess these afghan refugees are and they should be deported once and for all ............but our daughters of pakistan should never go there , they are Pakistani daughters , they are daughters of the soil , their husbands should be given Pakistani citizenship and cancel their afghan citizenship , or allowed to stay after registration .........please don't expel our daughters ............it not their choice whom they marry .............how can she live if her afghan sons and afghan husband is deported , she would also go with them as she is a mother and wife and only best know how to sacrifice ..... it is our insult if she has to leave her country to go to that mess , she is born in pakistan and just because of marriage she must not go ................daughters of pakistan should be treated as such with respect ...........

There was a time to think about these choices they made.Why did many of these women marry refugee afghan men if they had no intention what so ever of moving into their husbands homes when things become normal and these men go back home.

Yea, pick between Nationality and Husband. Pakistan as a state had not asked you to marry Afghan refugees without legitimate residential documents and the time of marriage, you knew who you were marrying.

whats the fuss about,how many women would have been married to Afghan men the numbers cant be that big for everyone to get concerned,giving them Pakistani citizenship.do some back ground checks on men and anyone with illegal activities should be sent home others given citizenship..

This really is sad, as an immigrant to a foreign nation, I know how hard it is if one of the spouse doesn't have resident status.

whats the fuss about,how many women would have been married to Afghan men the numbers cant be that big for everyone to get concerned,giving them Pakistani citizenship.do some back ground checks on men and anyone with illegal activities should be sent home others given citizenship..

No one is sure about the exact numbers.But some people estimate that the number of such unions could be in thousands.These refugees have been here for over 3 decades.

It is tricky.As per traditions after marriage a women is supposed to go to her husbands home.If she married a afghan national than should she not go their.
Its tradition but not law technically a woman can stay where ever she wants after marriage she is not under amy obligation legally so that argumemt cannot be used to deport Pakistani cnic holding women

Many PDFers sound like Donald Trump.
Take it easy guys.
Baat to sach hay par baat hey ruswai ki
@Arsalan @django @User @Muhammad Omar @Moonlight

Its tradition but not law technically a woman can stay where ever she wants after marriage she is not under amy obligation legally so that argumemt cannot be used to deport Pakistani cnic holding women
shiekh no one is deporting them.only their illegal or refugee husbands

This really is sad, as an immigrant to a foreign nation, I know how hard it is if one of the spouse doesn't have resident status.
brother there is huge difference between an immigrant and an illegal.

Back
Top Bottom