What's new

Women who married Afghan refugees stage protest in Peshawar

Missing a lot.There are three heads to get citizenship
i) By Birth. Applies to all persons regardless.
ii) By Descent; Be a child of a Pakistani parent
iii) By Migration.

The third category (by migration) has 4 ways to get it.

a) A woman who marries a Pakistani citizen (this was declared unconstitutional and is under appeal)
b) Commonwealth Citizen who transfers 5 million in foreign exchange.
c) Naturalization
d) Child under 21 of a Pakistani citizen who does not qualify under head ii) above or a child of someone who has received citizenship under iii a, b and c.

For a female Afghan who marries a Pakistani citizen, there are two ways to get citizenship, by marriage to a Pakistani man or naturalization. For a male, only naturalization will suffice.

To get naturalized, you need
1) To have lived in Pakistan continuously for the past 12 months
2) Have been in the country a cumulative 48 months (4 years) out of the last 7.
3) be proficient in a language.

From my experience, it typically takes 2-3 years for the process to finalise.
These laws need to be changed.

Only those who are truly sincere to Pakistan should be allowed to acquire citizenship especially from hostile nations.

My point is every case needs to be reviewed and looked into properly. It's an unfair system
Does Pakistan have the resources to look into MILLIONS of cases, especially from a hostile nation?

IMHO those Afghans who wish to acquire citizenship should undertake military service or something equivalent to show commitment. Merely living, or being proficient in Urdu or just words cannot suffice.

Pakistan has been played fora fool for too long, will she still be a fool?

Women who married Afghan refugees stage protest in Peshawar
afghan-9-300x167.jpg

Pakistani women who have married Afghan men staged a protest on Tuesday claiming that their husbands have been deported to Afghanistan.

The women said that they had been left alone to fend for their children. Some said that they were starving with their sole breadwinner deported.

The protesting women demanded that the government save their future and give Pakistani nationality to their husbands.

The Pakistan government has launched a clampdown on foreign nationals holding fake national identity cards. This month Nat-Geo famed Sharbat Gula was also deported to Afghanistan.
http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/201...ed-afghan-refugees-stage-protest-in-peshawar/
@Moonlight @The Sandman @Chauvinist @User @PaklovesTurkiye @The Eagle @WAJsal @Arsalan @Mugwop @Moonlight @Divergent1 @Hell hound @saiyan0321 @Musafir117 @Pakistani Exile @pak-marine @Imad.Khan @Spring Onion
My all sympithies r with them but now Its situation like My way OR Highway so they have to choose 1 thing. Its better they should move with there husband

And when they come to the UK on Pakistani documentation they curse Pakistan like none other. Mere words are not enough. Would they be willing to fight for Pakistan in case of Afghan aggression?
So then they should undertake military service to prove it.

In 1947 and 1965; Pashtun tribes from both sides of the border, rushed to Pakistan's aid.
In 1971, 1999, 2002, 2008 - Pashtun tribes from both sides pledged support and began mobilization for war.

So, I would say yes.

So then they should undertake military service to prove it. Those that wish to acquire citizenship.

Besides those Pakhtoon tribes on the Pakistani side are already Pakistani, no?

Seems a bit unfair though don't you think @Hell hound. Any other country such as the ones in the West even if married to a Woman, they would give citizenship
In many countries in the West, a man can marry a man, does that mean Pakistan should do the same?

So then they should undertake military service to prove it.

So then they should undertake military service to prove it. Those that wish to acquire citizenship.

Besides those Pakhtoon tribes on the Pakistani side are already Pakistani, no?

In many countries in the West, a man can marry a man, does that mean Pakistan should do the same?

Your point of explanation is getting ridiculous and isn't linked

Exactly, there should be some sort of lea way. For e.g. Those who want to come and work here consider work permit. Those who wish to Marry have a conditional stay etc

In all fairness let's be very honest with ourselves, during the Afghanistan war, Pakistan gave air-space and land to US forces to stay and attack. Many watched the massacre of thousands of Afghanis. And we have the audacity to question why Afghanistan doesn't like Pakistan much because they felt betrayed in brotherhood? Are we really asking these questions?

Whoah!! Hold on!! Maybe you are like I was. I was ignorant but I slowly learned that it was Afghanistan who refused to accept Pakistan, it was Afghanistan who committed unprovoked aggression by supporting insurgencies and allowing her land to be used to attack Pakistan. So much for brotherhood from Afghanistan!! Not too mention the refuge Pakistan gave to millions of Afghanistan during the Soviet conflict.

Now I personally do not like the fact that Pakistan gave passage for NATO post the 9/11 false flag attack but do you know what?! Many Afghans are happy that NATO came to "liberate" them. Many of them want NATO to stay on. (I have met them in the UK) and many of them hate NATO. You see they are greatly divided, but one thing they are united on is their hatred of Pakistan since 1947. And 1947 predates 2001.

They as a nation have never accepted Pakistan and have commited unprovoked aggression (Pakistan only responded with significance later)!!!! And you say that they feel betrayed in brotherhood! Are you joking me?!!

Who says that Afghanistan isn't safe? NATO and US forces claim that they have defeated the Taliban. Afghanistan is today a much safer place for Afghans. Ghani can surely take care of his people.
If they are married to Pakistani Women than they have right to live in here.. Govt. should made visa system like USA/EU have about the families..

Now we have Trump in USA , He will kick out migrants too,
So here in Pakistan , I will repeat my old sentence , Hell kick them out All of them ,,,,,,,,,, Then Fking Fence the Border , Trench it and then Mine it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, after that put a check post right after 3 Km ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Don't allow any one without a visa into our country..............
Note : lol last 2 pages are just dam funny.........and a question from all those who supporting Afghans stay in Pakistan , How many of you treat or deal any Afghan in your life and in how many different countries (I have first hand experience of them from 3 Western and 1 Eastern Country)
@Zibago , @Well.wisher , @RealNapster

I personally have Afghan friends and they don't want anything but peace between the two nations, yes they feel slightly betrayed however, they say that both countries do not benefit from this and it's only an advantage for India. See the bigger picture.

Afghanistan is battling within itself amongst the extremes which is funded by so many other countries.

Ofcourse according to law anyone whose not met legal requirements needs to go, that's the case everywhere and it is the law. BUT under circumstances of martial relationship/work etc applications should be looked into. That's all

Now we have Trump in USA , He will kick out migrants too,
So here in Pakistan , I will repeat my old sentence , Hell kick them out All of them ,,,,,,,,,, Then Fking Fence the Border , Trench it and then Mine it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, after that put a check post right after 3 Km ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Don't allow any one without a visa into our country..............
Note : lol last 2 pages are just dam funny.........and a question from all those who supporting Afghans stay in Pakistan , How many of you treat or deal any Afghan in your life and in how many different countries (I have first hand experience of them from 3 Western and 1 Eastern Country)
@Zibago , @Well.wisher , @RealNapster

My town is near Jalozi camp. is baabat mere town me 10 bando ko kara karo to 6 afghani niklan gay... inkay nikalne ka sabse ziada faida to mere khyal se hamy he hoga. space milay ga space........ :D

I personally have Afghan friends and they don't want anything but peace between the two nations, yes they feel slightly betrayed however, they say that both countries do not benefit from this and it's only an advantage for India. See the bigger picture.

Afghanistan is battling within itself amongst the extremes which is funded by so many other countries.

Ofcourse according to law anyone whose not met legal requirements needs to go, that's the case everywhere and it is the law. BUT under circumstances of martial relationship/work etc applications should be looked into. That's all

now as you asked if female's marrying Pakistani male can apply for citizenship. why not male marrying Pakistani female ?
the answer is

Saadi marzi..

case dismissed.

please Pakistanis , i know what mess these afghan refugees are and they should be deported once and for all ............but our daughters of pakistan should never go there , they are Pakistani daughters , they are daughters of the soil , their husbands should be given Pakistani citizenship and cancel their afghan citizenship , or allowed to stay after registration .........please don't expel our daughters ............it not their choice whom they marry .............how can she live if her afghan sons and afghan husband is deported , she would also go with them as she is a mother and wife and only best know how to sacrifice ..... it is our insult if she has to leave her country to go to that mess , she is born in pakistan and just because of marriage she must not go ................daughters of pakistan should be treated as such with respect ...........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom