What's new

Woman kills 17 in botched plot to kill husband

She was under huge psychological distress, needs expert psychological attention and counselling. Should be sent to Dar ul Aman. And she didn't intend to kill 18 people after all.

Who knows if she had objected it could have endangered her life, yes her ongoing relationship with her lover wasn’t morally correct but in her mind she has not heartedly accepted this union. She was Married to a relative. Relatives are usually aware of what the opposition party feels or wants. Her relatives should have also objected if they knew someone else’s daughter will be unhappy. But tell me how often does society accept this?

I am not suggesting her act is justifiable but can we please stop pretending forced Marriages don’t happen?

Iski saadi karado forcefully hazrat se. Dono se jaan choot jaegi. Punne ka kaam hai yeh.

Other news outlets reported the girl denied mixing poison.
Now there is a technical aspect to the entire saga and that is the poisoned milk was not consumed by her husband. Now who served it whom :) should it be debated and is there any escape for the girl based on these lines ? any lawyer here ?

She lied. I watched her interview in Saraiki. She said Shahid(boyfraaand) gave her paati and honey to put in his milk, but claims she never put it in. Then how did it get into the milk? She later admitted she only meant to kill husband and not pura khandan.

Murder is inexcusable (depending on self-defence circumstances) but Forced Marriage is ultimately wrong too.

There are so many guys that still go ahead with Marriages even IF the girl doesn’t want it.

If the girl doesn't want it, she can say no at nikkah. If the girl is not happy, she can get a divorce via court without any issue. There is no justification here.

If the girl doesn't want it, she can say no at nikkah. If the girl is not happy, she can get a divorce via court without any issue. There is no justification here.

How many girls voice a ‘no’ publicly due to bringing ‘shame to the family’? Not many. How many guys can’t voice a ‘no’?. I understand what you’re saying but for some it is not that easy

Who knows if she had objected it could have endangered her life,

haha..

Yeah right.. she knew her life wouldn't be in danger for killing her husband.. So she decided to marry and then kill rather than not marrying at all..

Murder is inexcusable (depending on self-defence circumstances) but Forced Marriage is ultimately wrong too.

Your comments suggest that you are equating forced marriage to murder..

haha..

Yeah right.. she knew her life wouldn't be in danger for killing her husband.. So she decided to marry and then kill rather than not marrying at all..

Your comments suggest that you are equating forced marriage to murder..

Not really I’m saying when a Woman doesn’t agree to something she can not mentally abide or regulate herself to Martial ethics because she feels violated, even IF her ‘Husband’ says he has ‘contractual’ rights over her.

Not really I’m saying when a Woman doesn’t agree to something she can not mentally abide or regulate herself to Martial ethics because she feels violated, even IF her ‘Husband’ says he has ‘contractual’ rights over her.

I'm starting to think you are a psychopath.

Please keep the poor Husband out of this.. he was so innocent that he probably didn't even suspect his wife was having an illicit affair with someone..

It means that she was allowing him all "contractual rights" so that he never complains and investigate the matter..

I think she is a feminist.. that's it..

Why because if someone doesn’t agree to a Marriage and it’s forced upon them, should now also fulfil martial convenants? That’s distressful.

Please keep the poor Husband out of this.. he was so innocent that he probably didn't even suspect his wife was having an illicit affair with someone..

It means that she was allowing him all "contractual rights" so that he never complains and investigate the matter..

I think she is a feminist.. that's it..

I’m not a feminist. *Rolls eyes* I feel for Men who are also forced into A Marriage due to emotional blackmail.

I’m not a feminist. *Rolls eyes* I feel for Men who are also forced into A Marriage due to emotional blackmail.

I don't feel for anyone if he/ she is married with consent.. whether it is a brief one..

There is too much time to decide.. if someone somehow regrets his/ her marriage, it is very easy to get out of it, specially in Pakistan/ Muslim countries... because there is no concept of 50-50 distribution of assets..

I don't feel for anyone if he/ she is married with consent.. whether it is a brief one..

There is too much time to decide.. if someone somehow regrets his/ her marriage, it is very easy to get out of it, specially in Pakistan/ Muslim countries... because there is no concept of 50-50 distribution of assets..

I’m discussing forced Marriages. Which is solely based on ‘force’ and not any optional alternatives at hand.

I’m discussing forced Marriages. Which is solely based on ‘force’ and not any optional alternatives at hand.

Forced marriage is something else.. it is when the consent is not obtained from the girl at all.. This also happens in Pakistan.

But getting out of a relationship is very very easy.. A lot of girls run away and take refuge in Edhi centers..

The lady being discussed here was much more courageous than the ordinary girls.. Ask any psychologist to read her face expressions, he/ she will tell you that she is very confident and doesn't have any remorse on what he has done..

I don't want to use strong words for her here.. but if it was in my hands, I would have awarded her real Islamic punishment.. that is beheading..

Back
Top Bottom