What's new

With eye on exports, Tejas on display in Bahrain air show

Its may not be completely indigenous,but how many aircraft developed outside US,Russia,Europe are?Is gripen fully indigenous?JF 17?

And why would it be difficult to develop a fighter jet? Anything Americans can do, anyone else can do. It's not like it's new technology like artificial intelligence. Fighter jet development is proven mature practice. It is easy to do. :p:

And why would it be difficult to develop a fighter jet? Anything Americans can do, anyone else can do. It's not like it's new technology like artificial intelligence. Fighter jet development is proven mature practice. It is easy to do. :p:

What about the engines?And if it was so easy,you would have already seen countries like Pakistan developing them on their own.

American put a man on the moon 40 years ago.How many countries can do that?

What about the engines?And if it was so easy,you would have already seen countries like Pakistan developing them on their own.

American put a man on the moon 40 years ago.How many countries can do that?

It's easy to make a jet engine. It's not like asking you to make a robot that can understand things. :p:

It's easy to make a jet engine. It's not like asking you to make a robot that can understand things. :p:

pehle jakar car ka engine bana......phir samajh mein aayge how difficult it is to make a jet engine........indians,chinese......we all have failed to do so.......

Aray bhai I never claimed that JF-17 was totally local made. Or even Al-Khalid tanks. Some parts are still needed from outside. It was the indian member here claiming that LCA was locally made after working on it for 30 years. I just showed him that it is not.
You should read all the posts.

he was american not Indian.......and its 23 years.....

Yeah right DSI fanboy...So easy to make them & more than a 100 countries have developed & operationalised their own jet engines..:omghaha:

Einstein can make a nuclear powered fighter jet. But Einstein cannot make artificial intelligence work. F-35 is easy to develop. It's practically a no brainer. :p:

pehle jakar car ka engine bana......phir samajh mein aayge how difficult it is to make a jet engine........indians,chinese......we all have failed to do so.......

No buddy,I think both have Indigenous car engines :)

F-35 is easy to develop. It's practically a no brainer.

WHAT THE FUDGE DUDE? Do you have any idea what kinda costs are you talking about, we are talking about countries pulling out of F-35 project because of it's development costs and you're saying it's a no brainer???:o:
On topic!
I don't think LCA can fare well in the international market because of the following reasons.
1-Because of it's outdated design.
2-Due to unnecessary delays in it's development.
3-Due to india being occupied by already existing orders.
4-Due to the absence of a good solid industrial base that can support the manufacture of not only the air crafts itself but also the components and subsystems while assuring proper QC.
5-Due to the absence of mature avionics package which can easily be outperformed by their western counterparts (i might be wrong on this one considering LCA has western avionics)

Last edited:
Einstein can develop F-35 at a cost of 10 bucks. 1,000 engineers at Lockheed spent 500 billion bucks and still cannot develop F-35. :p:

I don't think LCA can't fare well in the international market because of the following reasons.
1-Because of it's outdated design.
4-Due to the absence of a good solid industrial base that can support the manufacture of not only the air crafts itself but also the components and subsystems while assuring proper QC.
5-Due to the absence of mature avionics package which can easily be outperformed by their western counterparts (i might be wrong on this one considering LCA has western avionics)

1.No is not an outdated design.It was developed along same time as gripen,rafale,eurofighter
2.Thats not going to have impact on exports
4.Wrong again-Supply chain already exist & is capable of supporting Indian & Foreign manufacturers (boeing,lockheed,airbus etc )
5.already present

Any source Sir? because as far as i know LCA's development took decades....?

Every 4 /4.5 gen aircraft development took decades,The EF,Rafale,Gripen.And LCA design was finalised back only in 1990.Rafale design was finalised back in 1982.

So, that means HAL has restructured it's procedures which were a cause for the faulty manufacture of MiG parts? (correct me if i'm wrong though)

That has to do more with vendors and stuff.A company that can manufacture Su 30 MKI can easily manufacture LCA

We all agree Tejas holds the world record for having the longest time from start of development till flight of first prototype. :p:

Back
Top Bottom