What's new

With African market in the eye, JF-17 Thunder to roll in Morocco Air Show.

http://en.people.cn/90786/8421772.html

J-10 fighter not yet approved for export
(China Military Online) 09:21, October 11, 2013
Email|Print|Comments
icon21.gif
twitter
icon22.gif
facebook
icon20.gif
Sina Microblog
icon30.gif
reddit
share.jpg

BEIJING, October 10 (ChinaMil) --As global attention has been drawn to when China's in-service top-grade home-made J-10 fighter aircraft enters the international market, Ma Zhiping, vice president of the China National Aero-Technology Import and Export Corporation (CATIC), disclosed recently that many countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America had already enquired about price of J-10.

According to Ma Zhiping, many clients have contacted to enquire the price of J-10 series fighters. These clients came from various countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America and include those traditional users of Chinese military aircraft as well as those countries which previously used Russia's series fighters and French fighters.

2013 it was not cleared yet. Now it is

Last edited:
Morocco f5 ?? F-1 still operational ?? http://cfile212.uf.daum.net/attach/2176553658476ED41DC3C6

Where ever you see F7/mig 21 in Africa and South America is potential fc-1/jf customer ;)
Yes, it is. This where PAC needs to get their heads together and go for the following countries:
1. Zambia (existing K-8, Mig-21bis) - possible sale of 12
2. Namibia (Existing K-8, J-7NM) - possible sale of 12
3. Mozambique - possible sale of 6-12.
4. Tanzania - possible sale of 6-12

I am avoiding Zimbabwe as it is completely bankrupt and not worthy of investment until any foreseeable future. I know these countries very intimately having spent time counted in months/years and noting these in terms of priority and high probability of success plus a very strong Chinese investment presence for now 2 decades. In Zambia Yuan is 2nd most commonly used foreign currency after US Dollar and Bank of China has a presence there too.

I cannot comment on South American countries except if Venezuela gets itself out of the hellhole the chavistas have dug themselves in.

Africa and South America is a market that are KEEN TO GET OUT from AMERICAN & WESTERN WEAPONS market. JF-17 is an Opportunity for them....

Africa and South America is a market that are KEEN TO GET OUT from AMERICAN & WESTERN WEAPONS market. JF-17 is an Opportunity for them....

Not a lot of opportunities in South America.
Most countries only have some simple needs for COIN aircrafts.

Others are bankrupt like Venezuela, Argentina.

Brazil has chosen Gripen. Chile have F-16.

Leaves Colombia, Ecuador and maybe Peru.
Colombia and Peru has been looking at Gripen.

If You give JF-17 to Argentina, they will accept it.

Not a lot of opportunities in South America.
Most countries only have some simple needs for COIN aircrafts.

Others are bankrupt like Venezuela, Argentina.

Brazil has chosen Gripen. Chile have F-16.

Leaves Colombia, Ecuador and maybe Peru.
Colombia and Peru has been looking at Gripen.

If You give JF-17 to Argentina, they will accept it.
Agreed. Argentines are completely cut off from any credit. Dont forget Bolivia. Chinese have been making massive inroads across entire central and south america.

Agreed. Argentines are completely cut off from any credit. Dont forget Bolivia. Chinese have been making massive inroads across entire central and south america.
The Bolivian Air Force seems to lack combat aircraft altogether.
Not sure they are interested.

Yes, it is. This where PAC needs to get their heads together and go for the following countries:
1. Zambia (existing K-8, Mig-21bis) - possible sale of 12
2. Namibia (Existing K-8, J-7NM) - possible sale of 12
3. Mozambique - possible sale of 6-12.
4. Tanzania - possible sale of 6-12

I am avoiding Zimbabwe as it is completely bankrupt and not worthy of investment until any foreseeable future. I know these countries very intimately having spent time counted in months/years and noting these in terms of priority and high probability of success plus a very strong Chinese investment presence for now 2 decades. In Zambia Yuan is 2nd most commonly used foreign currency after US Dollar and Bank of China has a presence there too.

I cannot comment on South American countries except if Venezuela gets itself out of the hellhole the chavistas have dug themselves in.
Hello my presumably Saffer friend. You do realise that save for Tanzania, the remaining countries which you mentioned above have their heads stuck up so deep in the butt of the USA and the West that it's practically impossible for any country in the world to complete a defence sales agreement with them without the approval of the USA? Just ask your profile name if you don't believe me

Hello my presumably Saffer friend. You do realise that save for Tanzania, the remaining countries which you mentioned above have their heads stuck up so deep in the butt of the USA and the West that it's practically impossible for any country in the world to complete a defence sales agreement with them without the approval of the USA? Just ask your profile name if you don't believe me
Firstly, i dont umnderstand what Saaffer means and what you are implying by 'ask your profile name' - it is my former employer and have insights into various projects and changes which are occurring in the subcontinent; many of ex-colleagues are on secondment across these countries.

The remaining countries are within the sphere of China and deep ties. You need to come here to see for yourself. US has lost complete credibility long time ago from 30 years ago. We are here on the ground and get to meet several officials at various exercises.

China has transformed this entire region with massive infrastructure projects which US or any western countries snubbed their nose at.

Firstly, i dont umnderstand what Saaffer means and what you are implying by 'ask your profile name' - it is my former employer and have insights into various projects and changes which are occurring in the subcontinent; many of ex-colleagues are on secondment across these countries.

The remaining countries are within the sphere of China and deep ties. You need to come here to see for yourself. US has lost complete credibility long time ago from 30 years ago. We are here on the ground and get to meet several officials at various exercises.

China has transformed this entire region with massive infrastructure projects which US or any western countries snubbed their nose at.
SAffer. ..abbreviated name for my country South Africa. Great that you were formally employed by Denel. My dad's best buddy also works there in senior management. Clearly from the Mbeki era (even when Madiba was President) and from the arms scandal, South Africa was stuck to the west for its arms purchases. We aren't talking infrastructure and trade where the BRICS tie is or was making inroads. We're talking arms purchases and the fact remains that the countries you listed including SAFRICA are largely consumers of the west due to many factors

SAffer. ..abbreviated name for my country South Africa. Great that you were formally employed by Denel. My dad's best buddy also works there in senior management. Clearly from the Mbeki era (even when Madiba was President) and from the arms scandal, South Africa was stuck to the west for its arms purchases. We aren't talking infrastructure and trade where the BRICS tie is or was making inroads. We're talking arms purchases and the fact remains that the countries you listed including SAFRICA are largely consumers of the west due to many factors

Denel lost it way during the Mbeki era and corruption with the Guptas now trying to muzzle in. I was with Grinel as well.

Actually not so, take a drive up to Zambia, or even Botswana - I assume you are in jburg. Only country in addition to SA is Botswana which tends to get limited hardware from the west. All the rest of the equipment is russian. For Zambia only some of the equipment is british but it too is mothballed.

Denel lost it way during the Mbeki era and corruption with the Guptas now trying to muzzle in. I was with Grinel as well.

Actually not so, take a drive up to Zambia, or even Botswana - I assume you are in jburg. Only country in addition to SA is Botswana which tends to get limited hardware from the west. All the rest of the equipment is russian. For Zambia only some of the equipment is british but it too is mothballed.

Thanks for the info. I'm studying at UCT by the way but my home is in Durbs

Thanks for the info. I'm studying at UCT by the way but my home is in Durbs
uct is good which program? I was at rhodes, Potch, pretoria - got BSc, MSc, Phd respectively from there. Doing my 2nd doctorate.

uct is good which program? I was at rhodes, Potch, pretoria - got BSc, MSc, Phd respectively from there. Doing my 2nd doctorate.

UCT faculty of law. Lol ...now you've given me a new role model uncle ..you :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom