What's new

Willing to work with India for peace in S Asia: China

One of the reasons that the corrupt officials are so rampant today is because they are using lethal injections instead of a bullet in the head in public. I think they should reimplement that... those bastards deserve it.

They do deserve a bullet to the back of the neck but it won't be the solution. What is needed is more experience and a better system of accountability. Beijing is far away from most places and as they say Heaven is High and the Emperor is Far away.

^^^^

If you expect people to read your article (which is tangential anyways), at least have the courtesy to format it into a readable version.

and for your information China does do better than India in terms of corruption.

79th place China
84th place India

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-index-the-full-ranking-of-180-countries.html

78th place China
88th place India

Corruption by country. Definition, graph and map.

i can very well understand why china is having so much corruption--it is a dictatorship + without free medias to do their due diligence checks on gov.
but then i very much failed to understand why india is having even worse corruption than china? isn't india a democracy country with their so much proud free medias in place?
based on my observation on this forum, many indian members have tendency to always blame every bad thing to their gov./politicians as if they themselves have nothing to do with their own gov./politicians...

i can very well understand why china is having so much corruption--it is a dictatorship + without free medias to do their due diligence checks on gov.
but then i very much failed to understand why india is having even worse corruption than china? isn't india a democracy country with their so much proud free medias in place?
based on my observation on this forum, many indian members have tendency to always blame every bad thing to their gov./politicians as if they themselves have nothing to do with their own gov./politicians...

well there is an obvious reason for such a situation......while china being a relatively closed society due to curbs on freedom of expression, curbs on public criticism of its administrative policies etc....has no "checks " as you put it on govt corruption....the stricter laws and rapid , relentless action on the perpetrators deters corrupt practices being openly carried out with impunity.........whereas in the case of India.....even if the "independant" media uncovers a hundred cases of corruption .....the punishment of the perpetrators would be
merely social stigma , condemnation from certain quarters....worst case scenario---a resignation of the respective administrative post by the official concerned
........No strong action whatsoever like life imprisonment, capital punishment, other strictures etc.....

this is basically a catch 22 situation......where democracy and free media sometimes become a double aged sword.....any attempt to punish a corrupt official with execution etc....will draw the flak of both the general public as well as hoards of human rights activists in India......

I agree on the bold part though Indians in general tend to be excessively self critical....and blame the politicians...however we exert our powers of voting very very judiciously and you simply have no idea how much stigma a taint of corruption can cause to a politician ( in any state) in indian internal politics as of today.....enough to ruin a politician's reputation and political career for life in some places.....for example even in my state of West Bengal run by a grass root corrupt CPM govt for over 3 decades the Chief minister is a person whose incorruptibility is attested and vouched for by even the bitterest of his political opponents
in their election campaign.
....regards.........

We are willing to work China on peace with Taiwan as well. Perhaps even with Tibet if we are in a generous kind of mood.

well there is an obvious reason for such a situation......while china being a relatively closed society due to curbs on freedom of expression, curbs on public criticism of its administrative policies etc....has no "checks " as you put it on govt corruption....the stricter laws and rapid , relentless action on the perpetrators deters corrupt practices being openly carried out with impunity.........whereas in the case of India.....even if the "independant" media uncovers a hundred cases of corruption .....the punishment of the perpetrators would be
merely social stigma , condemnation from certain quarters....worst case scenario---a resignation of the respective administrative post by the official concerned
........No strong action whatsoever like life imprisonment, capital punishment, other strictures etc.....

this is basically a catch 22 situation......where democracy and free media sometimes become a double aged sword.....any attempt to punish a corrupt official with execution etc....will draw the flak of both the general public as well as hoards of human rights activists in India......

I agree on the bold part though Indians in general tend to be excessively self critical....and blame the politicians...however we exert our powers of voting very very judiciously and you simply have no idea how much stigma a taint of corruption can cause to a politician ( in any state) in indian internal politics as of today.....enough to ruin a politician's reputation and political career for life in some places.....for example even in my state of West Bengal run by a grass root corrupt CPM govt for over 3 decades the Chief minister is a person whose incorruptibility is attested and vouched for by even the bitterest of his political opponents
....regards.........
I think some people did not understand China's Internet and Chinese media, so you do not talk about certain things that you completely ignorant.

You are right. Most are thugs. We've kind of learned to live with it as far as they do their job.

....regards.........
I think some people did not understand China's Internet and Chinese media, so you do not talk about certain things that you completely ignorant.

http://news.163.com/special/00013C0B/shiyongxw.html

Use GOOGLE translation, if you do not know Chinese.

"Did not check" , that is your own imagination, in fact, sometimes the Chinese people dissatisfied with the speed of the trial. why? You speak for do not understand things, so confident?

Last edited:
"Did not check" , that is your own imagination, in fact, sometimes the Chinese people dissatisfied with the speed of the trial. why? You speak for do not understand things, so confident?

Apologies sir....but I dont understand what you are trying to tell me.....It wasnt me who claimed that China has no" media checks" on corruption....it was the Chinese gentleman i was responding to.....

why? You speak for do not understand things, so confident?

what does this statement mean ??? are you by any chance implying that I dont understand what goes on in my country , in India ???

I am explaining the Indian Situation in response to the query by a chinese member as to why " corruption in India is relatively more than China" ......hope this clarifies ....regards......

I agree that many middle class Indians rationalize corruption by saying that is the the "politicians" who are the cause of all problems, while ignoring their own occasional brush with bribes!

In general though, China and India are both corrupt, and both countries need to change. Whether it is 79th place China and 84th place India, or 78th place China and 88th place India, it does not mean much. Both are more or less the same, and we have a long way to go before we reach Western standards!

well there is an obvious reason for such a situation......while china being a relatively closed society due to curbs on freedom of expression, curbs on public criticism of its administrative policies etc....has no "checks " as you put it on govt corruption....the stricter laws and rapid , relentless action on the perpetrators deters corrupt practices being openly carried out with

Well, precisely, you also have. Merilion is a Singaporean, he may not be exactly right to know China. I do not have any satisfaction with the Chinese government, is still a lot of problems, but you can not say "no check".

As to the other part, I can only say that India is a deformity democracy, only the form, not substance.

Its best if China played NO role in South Asia as her role so far has been anything but positive. If they were so concerned with peace in SA, they would not have repeatedly blocked UN's move to proscribe JUD and their assorted terrorists. They only gave in after the Mumbai attacks when it was difficult for even Pakistan (temporarily) to keep shielding these terrorists.

Despite the association of the JuD and these individuals with terrorism, their designation as terrorist by the UN Security Council has not been easy. At least three attempts at labeling them terrorists were blocked by China. According to a note distributed by the Sanctions Committee among representatives of its 15 member states, over the past two years, China stalled the world body's move for a Saeed-specific ban on two occasions.

Asia Times Online :: South Asia news, business and economy from India and Pakistan

This is not from history, this is a recent example.

^^
Whoa didn't know about that.

I remember a xinhua report claiming the 26/11 terrorists were homegrown and had saffron bands

The myopic, illiterate or otherwise ill-informed in India knows there exist only mouth pieces in China. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:cheesy:

When there is nothing other than mouthpieces how a brainwashed can know that he is reading are all party mouthpieces???!!!! lol If there is no criticism of the party is possible how can one have a freelance media!!!! Its funny that someone called the Indians 'ill-informed', when there is no 'information' in there in China!!! :lol:

What a freeking joke! :lol:

what is more freaking you know? you just cannot spell the word 'freaking'!!!! :rofl:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom