What's new

Willing to work with India for peace in S Asia: China

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

China on Tuesday underlined its role in South Asia, saying that as an "important member" of Asia it is willing to work with India for peace and stability in the sub-continent.

Seeking to downplay the purported remarks of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh that Beijing "would like to have a foothold in South Asia," Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Jiang Yu said China is committed to safeguarding peace and stability of Asia, including South Asia.

"I would like to say that China is one of the important members of Asia and we are committed to safeguarding peace and stability of Asia, including South Asia, with other countries to seek common development and this is in the common interest of all of us," she told a media briefing here.

Her remarks came in response to a question on Singh's purported remarks in New Delhi yesterday.

Jiang also said China and India as emerging powers could work together for the common development of both the countries.

"China and India as neighbours and newly emerging powers, good neighbourliness and friendship in pursuit of common development serve the common interests of both the parties," she said.

"We are willing to see a peaceful, stable and prosperous South Asia and we are willing to work on the basis of the five principles of peaceful coexistence to work along with South Asian countries, including India, to develop good neighbourliness and cooperation," she said.

guys arguing unnecessarily will not take us anywhere. sino-indian relations are quite complex and will not improve because of one or two actions, it will take time and a concerted effort both on govt and public level. lets not provide an opportunity to common enemies to drive a wedge between us.

they r very much welcome here if they wish peace,I dont see any problem,IOR is like our backyard,in complete striking range of our navy and air force,China will not try for any intimidation here

they r very much welcome here if they wish peace,I dont see any problem,IOR is like our backyard,in complete striking range of our navy and air force,China will not try for any intimidation here

agreed. cautious engagement is the way forward, pointless paranoia will land us in conditions similar to what pakistan is facing today.

There's no pleasing you folks...

No point beating a dead horse, but pray tell me if denying Visas to Generals will please a neighbor.

Everything was going fine, no noise about Arunachal/South Tibet or Sikkim, planned military exchanges and diplomatic visits and then suddenly the bombshell from the Chinese. What do you make of that except unnecessary provocation?

Maybe the incident wasn't according to the exact wishes of the Politburo heads. Maybe overzealous visa dept. of the foreign ministry screwed up but you can't seriously deny that Sino-Indian relations have taken a step back. And both the countries could have done without it.

No point beating a dead horse, but pray tell me if denying Visas to Generals will please a neighbor.

Everything was going fine, no noise about Arunachal/South Tibet or Sikkim, planned military exchanges and diplomatic visits and then suddenly the bombshell from the Chinese. What do you make of that except unnecessary provocation?

Maybe the incident wasn't according to the exact wishes of the Politburo heads. Maybe overzealous visa dept. of the foreign ministry screwed up but you can't seriously deny that Sino-Indian relations have taken a step back. And both the countries could have done without it.

i think we all agreed on it earlier. That moved caused more harm than good, but talking/diplomacy is the only way forward

Actions speak louder than words. Action - visa denial's & unnecessary provocations. Word's - we will cooperate with India.

Now go figure if you are really trying to please us.

Lets rewind the tape!

Limited nuclear war!
Cold start!
2 Front war!
International reports tht indians consider china there Top enemy just like Pakistan!
Dalai Lama!
Killings in Kashmir etc

Heck!! Canada also denied visa to indian general on the basis of Human right violations!!

Go Figure!

Lets rewind the tape!

Limited nuclear war!
Cold start!
2 Front war!
International reports tht indians consider china there Top enemy just like Pakistan!
Dalai Lama!
Killings in Kashmir etc

Heck!! Canada also denied visa to indian general on the basis of Human right violations!!

Go Figure!

limited nuclear war, WTH are you smoking boy. Anyway our 60yrs of offense has led us nowhere, I think both pakistan and india should know this very well by now. the only other option is sit down at the tea stall, have some kurkure and sort out the issues like grown men.

Lets rewind the tape!

Limited nuclear war!
Cold start!
2 Front war!
Dalai Lama!
Killings in Kashmir etc

Go Figure!

Canada apologizes to India - Go read!!

Canada apologizes for visa 'language' - The Times of India

BTW, Cameron refuses to apologise for Pakistan terror remarks - go read!!

Terrorism row: David Cameron refuses to back down on Pakistan terrorism remarks - Telegraph

limited nuclear war, WTH are you smoking boy. Anyway our 60yrs of offense has led us nowhere, I think both pakistan and india should know this very well by now. the only other option is sit down at the tea stall, have some kurkure and sort out the issues like grown men.

Not me kiddo ... looks like ur deaf n dumb General Kapoor was high on some crappy cheap russian vodka while giving out such moronic statements!

There's no pleasing you folks...

think about it india gives chinies living in tibet and disputed territories under china a stamped visa and indian army infiltrate in ur territory........ will u keep quite trust me we are making less noise if it was u in our shoe there would have been a more than what it is now...

and more over u need to build up the confidence by stopping the infiltration and helping our enemy country..........u can do it economically and militarily as a sovereign nation but helping them to suppress india................ that's where the confidence should be built and it cant be done over night and all of sudden willing to cooperate with india......... well i think the chinies polite bureau has a major mood swing.....................:china::china:

Not me kiddo ... looks like ur deaf n dumb General Kapoor was high on some crappy cheap russian vodka while giving out such moronic statements!

the last time i checked IA still has a no first use (nuclear weapon) policy.

edit: we are getting off-topic. lets focus on the current issue at hand.

Back
Top Bottom