What's new

Will declare Jihad to save Pakistan: Imran Khan

Why is he talking politics in an economic forum?

He is so starting off on the wrong foot man.

Perhaps because one is intrinsically linked to the other ! With Kashmir solved...we've got no other issue outstanding !

Jihad has several meanings in Islam and at several levels. Ignorant Muslims and people in the west unaware of teaching of Islam have exchanged the meaning of terrorism with jihad.

So what is the meaning here , apart from what he is doing.nowadays?.

What and how is he planning to do a Jihad on/in the nation?

Any ideaS? Forum elders..fanboys.. anyone??

Most in Pakistan don't buy into the Sunni-Shia schism till their religious sensibilities are vocally bruised & so you'd find many a Pakistanis who not only admire Iran but would have us to grow the same pair of nuts as our Persian counterparts have. The point being the influence or at least Iranian soft-power is there. On to them influencing segments of our society enough to start a sectarian war ! Well Pakistan, though being a predominantly Sunni country, is home to countless millions of Shias & you only need a handful of misguided souls to pick up a gun go to the nearest mosque (or Imam Bargha - the Shia Mosque) & put a couple of bullets in innocent people. Once the news of that goes out...anger seeps through & people start taking sides ! Sunni militants & Shia militants have killed each other countless times in Pakistan till a crack down was instigated. I've heard assertions flying about, assertions whose veracity I don't know but I won't be surprised if its true, that many an Iranian Cultural Centres in Pakistan were fronts for funding these Shia militant groups just as a lot of petrodollars funded some of Sunni militant groups.

And it goes without saying that sometimes I won't take help from you just because I share a common religion with you some other things factor in as well ! I'm cornered...you approach me & you offer me aid...I'd be a fool not to take it. Thats what happened in case of the Northern Alliance & the fact that most in the NA were Farsi speaking factored in as well. Also because the Taliban were particularly vicious on the Shias...anyone who opposed them by default fell in the other's side court (in this case the Iranians in the '90s) so it sort of transcended 'sect' as well whilst overlapping with it. I dunno...I think Icarus would be a better person to comment on this further. I was born in '90...mujhee koi ziyaadaa nahin pataa inn cheezooon ka !

Almost every ethnic group in Pakistan is predominantly Sunnis (including the Baloch) but they do have pockets of Shia presence in between them. For example the Bangash tribes amongst the Pashtuns are a predominantly Shia Tribe.

Absolutely right. No shia-sunni division in the society but is used by terrorists funded by God knows who, who use this academic divide to kill people of one sect or the other. It there was shia-sunni divide, it would have been at people level too.

So what is the meaning here , apart from what he is doing.nowadays?.

What and how is he planning to do a Jihad on/in the nation?

Any ideaS? Forum elders..fanboys.. anyone??

Jihad - Struggle !

As far as I know there is a 'Lesser Jihad - Fighting to end aggression' & a 'Greater Jihad - Overcoming a character flaw' ! Perhaps hes alluding towards the 'Greater' bit but then again in Pakistan this isn't much of a head-liner...we're more interested in his '90 Days - Zero corruption' proclamation than him using words of a 'distinctly religious connotation' as part of his political rhetoric.

Imran Khan is turning out to be the biggest fool ever, people should really stop taking him seriously. Lol how can one person disarm all these groups? does he have some kind of magic stick lol, he is a fool living in some kind of fantasy world. I use to be his biggest supporter, but now it is clear he is a fool and a tool of someone else

Jihad - Struggle !

As far as I know there is a 'Lesser Jihad - Fighting to end aggression' & a 'Greater Jihad - Overcoming a character flaw' ! Perhaps hes alluding towards the 'Greater' bit but then again in Pakistan this isn't much of a head-liner...we're more interested in his '90 Days - Zero corruption' proclamation than him using words of a 'distinctly religious connotation' as part of his political rhetoric.

Ok ..struggle how??? Fight how????

What is neW?

There is sufficient infiltration among the Taliban ranks but for a turf war, these groups need to be forced to migrate to an area under some other group's control, which requires a military push. Then another factor to consider is that fighting among such groups results in conscription going through the chart and it's the locals that are worst affected, so that's why it's best to avoid a territorial dispute between these groups, at least for the welfare of the people.

Well, then you are engaged at your western border for decades, with an uneasy peace.

Perhaps because one is intrinsically linked to the other ! With Kashmir solved...we've got no other issue outstanding !

Oh come on man.

Not you too.

Ok let me elborate.

Kashmir is not the root of the problem between us.

Us being Hindu is.

That's where it all started.

That's what you need to first finish.

Or convince the 180 million Muslims who are with us to come join you.

Kashmir came later. Kashmir will follow.

Well, then you are engaged at your western border for decades, with an uneasy peace.

Not really, as soon as an area is declared safe, the Army pulls out. It is then the FC's responsibility to maintain peace. Which is why we won't be engaged at the western border.

Ok ..struggle how??? Fight how????

What is neW?

How do you overcome a character flaw ? By putting a gun to the temple ? No...you sit down & try to think rationally to address the flaw & try to find a solution out of it even if it means going against your desires. That maybe something that hes alluding too - Build up Pakistan from grounds up ! Build the institutions, the economy, solve the law & order situation etc. & take it up as a righteous cause...!

It doesn't mean 'Ghazwa-e-Hind' or that the Taliban are taking over if thats how it is perceived to be ! A Pakistani would be able to understand the 'metaphorical implications' of the word much better & how, undeniably so, over here it doesn't point towards picking up the gun !

Do u even know what Jihad means. So let me En-lighten you. Jihad means to Struggle. And this struggle can be in any form. Best Jihad is against yourself means to make urself better human being. Jihad an-nafs (jihad against one’s self)

u have to take measures to improve and to make a better society. And to do this have to start with yourself and so on.

He is not talking here about Hollywood defined Jihad. And if any Muslim country is attacked by any other. Its the right of invaded country to initiate Jihad against aggressor. Because Allah Almighty dont like aggressors.

And if your forefathers fought for American Independence from Brits TELL ME WHAT WOULD U CALL IT.

I think this has been repeated 100s of time when a non-muslim brings up the word Jihad. no need to teach anyone what is what in Islam.

Oh come on man.

Not you too.

Ok let me elborate.

Kashmir is not the root of the problem between us.

Us being Hindu is.

That's where it all started.

That's what you need to first finish.

Or convince the 180 million Muslims who are with us to come join you.

Kashmir came later. Kashmir will follow.

Nah...we took care of that part in '47 ! We felt persecuted & felt that we'd have a rotten deal in a United India - We got ourselves another country for that exact reason. Thats it...thats done & dusted. Yes the memories of those times have lingered on & have helped shape our national narrative on why we went for a Pakistan ! But thats just about it.

We don't hate you guys...we needed a space & we got one ! Kashmir is the unfinished business of the Partition; we think that it being a Muslim majority area should have been given to Pakistan...you think otherwise ! Thats the only sore point remaining & thats what led to all those border skirmishes & wars that we've fought. Solve Kashmir & we would have put the Indo-Pak enmity to bed.

Nah...we took care of that part in '47 ! We felt persecuted & felt that we'd have a rotten deal in a United India - We got ourselves another country for that exact reason. Thats it...thats done & dusted. Yes the memories of those times have lingered on & have helped shape our national narrative on why we went for a Pakistan ! But thats just about it.

We don't hate you guys...we needed a space & we got one ! Kashmir is the unfinished business of the Partition; we think that it being a Muslim majority area should have been given to Pakistan...you think otherwise ! Thats the only sore point remaining & thats what led to all those border skirmishes & wars that we've fought. Solve Kashmir & we would have put the Indo-Pak enmity to bed.

Bro I do not blame you.

You are really very young.

And refreshingly naive.

How do you overcome a character flaw ? By putting a gun to the temple ? No...you sit down & try to think rationally to address the flaw & try to find a solution out of it even if it means going against your desires. That maybe something that hes alluding too - Build up Pakistan from grounds up ! Build the institutions, the economy, solve the law & order situation etc. & take it up as a righteous cause...!

It doesn't mean 'Ghazwa-e-Hind' or that the Taliban are taking over if thats how it is perceived to be ! A Pakistani would be able to understand the 'metaphorical implications' of the word much better & how, undeniably so, over here it doesn't point towards picking up the gun !

You havent described how he is planning to do the Jihad, apart from what he did/doing all these years.

Build up Pakistan from grounds up ! Build the institutions, the economy, solve the law & order situation etc. & take it up as a righteous cause

Is it this way, then he has to fight elections, win and start ruling... So is it preemptive words?

Back
Top Bottom