What's new

Why U.S. rail travel is so expensive

Government is for people ? Hey ! You're now a third into democracy ...kudos. hopefully the by and of the people will follow soon. Tell Xiji to just get working vaccines for the people too.
Government for the people only means democracy? who told you this crap?

Yes, China is good with chopsticks while Americans are not. :enjoy:
So, you think Chinese HSR is just comparable to Chinese chopsticks ? You think America has something way better than HSR on the ground just as you have forks and knives compare to chopsticks ?

So, you think Chinese HSR is just comparable to Chinese chopsticks ? You think America has something way better than HSR on the ground just as you have forks and knives compare to chopsticks ?
You missed the point. No surprise there. :rolleyes:

The US is behind China on HSR because Americans were not too enthusiastic about rails in the first place, when China was still an agrarian society. Rail is excellent for bulk transport, but you cannot build tracks to individual homes, and that is where the automobile excelled. Rail tracks are monopolistic, meaning only one type of transport can use -- the train. But the street can accommodate small cars, large cars, trucks (or lorries), two wheels, and pedestrians. So by the time the car became loved by Americans, it is too late for rails to gain traction other than to transport mostly things instead of humans. This is basic social studies sub technology. Have you guys ever studied it? I guess not. :enjoy:

I recently bought a 2022 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe. Great bike by JPN. HSR train can get me from A to B much faster than my Cafe could, but never as fun because I will take the backroads, the scenic routes, take my time with the local great food, and will ended up twice or thrice as long to get there. But do I care? No. This kind of life the Chinese will never know.

You missed the point. No surprise there. :rolleyes:

The US is behind China on HSR because Americans were not too enthusiastic about rails in the first place, when China was still an agrarian society. Rail is excellent for bulk transport, but you cannot build tracks to individual homes, and that is where the automobile excelled. Rail tracks are monopolistic, meaning only one type of transport can use -- the train. But the street can accommodate small cars, large cars, trucks (or lorries), two wheels, and pedestrians. So by the time the car became loved by Americans, it is too late for rails to gain traction other than to transport mostly things instead of humans. This is basic social studies sub technology. Have you guys ever studied it? I guess not. :enjoy:
Yes, all the excuses, good old habits are difficult to change indeed.

Yes, all the excuses, good old habits are difficult to change indeed.
Not excuses, just knowledge you never knew existed. Just because China does something better, like chopsticks, means we have to follow? From the way things look for the past several decades, more like China have been following US, pal.

I recently bought a 2022 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe. Great bike by JPN. HSR train can get me from A to B much faster than my Cafe could, but never as fun because I will take the backroads, the scenic routes, take my time with the local great food, and will ended up twice or thrice as long to get there. But do I care? No. This kind of life the Chinese will never know.
Most beautiful highways are in China, not US, Besides, all Americans living in China love China's HSR so much, including US ambassodor to China, it's Americans wiill never know how good HSRs are, they never got a chance to try.

Chinese highway cutting through the mountains

Not excuses, just knowledge you never knew existed. Just because China does something better, like chopsticks, means we have to follow? From the way things look for the past several decades, more like China have been following US, pal.
I bet US is going to develop some form of high speed rail in the near future. Dont be so arogant think you are ahead in the past century will ensure your country will definitely be ahead in the world in every aspect.

Most beautiful highways are in China, not US, Besides, all Americans living in China love China's HSR so much, including US ambassodor to China, it's Americans wiill never know how good HSRs are, they never got a chance to try.

Chinese highway cutting through the mountains
Because China's roads are newer? Because America's infrastructures served the country really well and continuously since the Industrial Revolution when China was an agrarian society? Does the fact that Americans do not really care about rails bothered you that much? :lol:

Because China's roads are newer? Because America's infrastructures served the country really well and continuously since the Industrial Revolution when China was an agrarian society? Does the fact that Americans do not really care about rails bothered you that much? :lol:
Broken US infrastructure doesn't bother me the slightest, enjoy.

lOl, Indian goons?
No CCP makes better goons.

Seriously, u got me wrong. "...for / by / of people" is a famous statement.

And I actually happen to agree China has wonderful trains and while we do not need as many or as fast hsr in the US, do need a few in select routes.

Back
Top Bottom