What's new

Why the time for a China-India water treaty is now

40 years wrong. China is behind India 20-30 Years.

IAF >> PLAAF, IN >> PLAN, IA > PLA

Misslies Overall China > India

but Indo-China Specific Missiles, India > China (brahmos, Agni 5, agni 4, Agni 3 etc better then comparative chinese ones)

Nuclear weapons, China >> India
But Number of fronts to defend against MUCH BIGGER POWERS -- Russia, US, Japan (and many other fronts so China cant use all weapons against India)

Number or weapons China > India

Economy China > India

that is as fair as it can get.!!

You are either completely mentally unhinged, or a false-flagger on a mission to embarrass India and Indians.

You are either completely mentally unhinged, or a false-flagger on a mission to embarrass India and Indians.

I respect you. You are entitled to your opinion but I believe in what I said FULLY and I have my own reasons and I believe we can live with any differences of opinion if we have on any points I mentioned. Cheers!

IAF (read MKIs and Super MKIs etc, Apache, LCH, Akash, C-130J Hercules, Future Rafael and the ultimate PAKFA) and IN (read the Akula, the ACCs, and the Stealth Frigates etc) are definately better then PLAAF and PLAN. IA is no way bellow PLA, and is slightly better or at par in worse case. China can never use all its strength (read numerical superiority against India) as it faces the two superpowers on other fronts. India's China specific missiles (read brahmos, and Nirbhay and Agni 5 and 4) are better then the comparative China's India specific Missiles.

China's advantage - Bigger Nuclear Arsenal, Bigger Economy, Higher Domestic Production of weapons, Higher number of weapons(but this one is nullified by more number of fronts against the superpowers).

This problem has an easy solution. Independence of North East states. If this can be accomplished then there will be no common river between India and China. Then it will be a concern of China, North East states and Bangladesh to work out water management for common international rivers. So for peace and stability of the region and to avoid a water war between China and India, it will be better for Asia and the world to have an independent North East states.

This problem has an easy solution. Independence of North East states. If this can be accomplished then there will be no common river between India and China. Then it will be a concern of China, North East states and Bangladesh to work out water management for common international rivers. So for peace and stability of the region and to avoid a water war between China and India, it will be better for Asia and the world to have an independent North East states.

That's probably the best idea in this thread.

China and India are rivals/enemies at this point (according to India's own defence minister), so the chances of a "Sino-Indian Water Treaty" are next to zero.

If the scenario above happens where India is no longer a party, that would make it much easier to come up with a Water Treaty based on the Yarlung Tsangpo. Since we could negotiate directly with Bangladesh and the new NE Union.

Nehru's long shadow

Nehru's idiotic land grab of Chinese territory with the Indian Forward Policy has poisoned Sino-Indian relations forever.

All Chinese hate Indian imperialists and your continual occupation of South Tibet and Sikkim. Like Chinese-Dragon said, the probability is zero for a Chinese concession of water rights to India.

You Indians have occupied Chinese territory for 50 years. When China needs or wants the water, we will shut it off some day.

You Indians can go and desalinate the water from the Indian Ocean to satisfy your water needs. It's not our problem.

One more idea..!Lets wipe out bangladesh...!So that the amount that will be used by bangladeshis will be saved and can be shared between NE States....!.Bravo..Good idea isnt it.

One more idea..!Lets wipe out bangladesh...!So that the amount that will be used by bangladeshis will be saved and can be shared between NE States....!.Bravo..Good idea isnt it.

still better idea... free Tibet and make it a part of Indian Union!! for Bangladesh, as we are a generous country we will have a water treaty with them. (we don't want to kill millions for want of water like some evil neighbour of ours)

Indians, you reap what you sow. You have been taking Pakistani water for some time now ,don't be suprised if China does the same to you.:chilli: Also if India keeps taking our indus water, we will have to consult uncle China to redirect the water from there through northern Gilgit Baltistan----that way India will not even get a drop. Should it really go to this or is India going to act like a Human being. I don't think Indian can, and sooner or later, you Indians will be begging at Chinas feet, and that time, your pleas won't be heard.

China cant hurt India through river water blackmail... India is not a country China can bully. The consequences for China would be devastating! So Chinese got some sense and I dont see them indulging in any such activity. Yes if India were to become weaker in future (due to some unforeseen reason which otherwise is highly unlikely) then China may try such misadventure. Otherwise China understands the language of power.

China cant hurt India through river water blackmail... India is not a country China can bully. The consequences for China would be devastating! So Chinese got some sense and I dont see them indulging in any such activity. Yes if India were to become weaker in future (due to some unforeseen reason which otherwise is highly unlikely) then China may try such misadventure. Otherwise China understands the language of power.

China's policy is called, "go find your own water."

I suggest India get started on its desalination plants. If you let these years go by, you will be in a pickle down the road.

China's policy is called, "go find your own water."

I suggest India get started on its desalination plants. If you let these years go by, you will be in a pickle down the road.

we will get the sources of our water from under your control... if you say so and desire it so !! No probs.

Yet another article by CNN to create trouble where there isn't any.

It's been this way for thousands of years. What's the change now? There's not gonna be much impact downstream as China as said.

Now if India pisses China off and becomes hostile, that's exactly when China may just cut off the water supply.

If we live in peace, then all is well and the rivers will flow.

Moral of the story: Don't piss off China.

Think of it this way, if India had the same relationships with China as Pakistan, China would be tripping all over themselves to give India water.

Instead, I propose an independent Bangladesh. Independent of crypto-Islamist hoodlums, and US-based loudmouths with excess time and access to the Internet.

That will solve at least one problem of an international scope and size: illiterate Internet Bangals, inflicting their trash-talk on all and sundry.

Please do whatever, this will be chinas response::azn:

Back
Top Bottom