What's new

Why the sikhs had no desire for a independent sikh state in the 1940s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you mean to say that Today There is Terrorism in Pakistan because they have
run out of Non Muslims to kill

SO they are killing each other

You do know what happened to Bangladeshis
And that too when they were 2000 KM away from West Punjab

Just One Division of Pakistani Army would have been enough to
Wipe out Sikhs in case you had merged with Pakistan

And do you think that Hindus would have allowed Pakistan's Borders
right upto Delhi

That is a massive and Serious Delusion

Well we did live together for centuries before the partition and got along just fine. The Bangladeshis were artifically forced into the union, tney had nothing in common with Pakistanis. We had Punjabiyat to bind us with the Pakistanis. And also what percentage of the British Indian Army were Sikhs and Punjabi HIndus? I'm pretty sure they would number close to Pakistani Army.

They are affected by regional conflict like everybody else but more because they are a minority. I'm sure they would do fine in Pakistani Punjab.

True, he did sleep with Lady Mountbatten and get India Amritsar though.

Our young boys who picked up arms after having their families abducted by Punjab Police are still labeled as terrorists..
I have said it on here before the center did alot of bad things.I was a young kid in punjab during the troubles.Personal vendettas were settled by people accusing others of being militants.Goverment forces abused their power in a massive way.

And do you think that Hindus would have allowed Pakistan's Borders
right upto Delhi

That is a massive and Serious Delusion

You're misunderstanding me. In the case where Hindus and Sikhs upto Delhi joined Pakistan, it would not have been Pakistan but a different country based on ethnic lines. I don't think we had much of a say in partition as common people otherwise Sikhs wouldn't have let Nankana Sahab go and of course Muslims majority areas (lets leave them unnamed for the sake of avoiding controversy) would have elected Pakistan.

Now don't tell me that's your mom. Even if it is, keep it to yourself and keep off my post.

What kind of imbecile scum you are- cant post a single post without getting offensive on personal account- What harm did that persons mother did to you ? I am sorry to say you look totally insecure person trying to compensate your weakness by being personally offensive- Get some self respect !

Well we did live together for centuries before the partition and got along just fine. The Bangladeshis were artifically forced into the union, tney had nothing in common with Pakistanis. We had Punjabiyat to bind us with the Pakistanis. And also what percentage of the British Indian Army were Sikhs and Punjabi HIndus? I'm pretty sure they would number close to Pakistani Army.

Religion is a Stronger cohesive force than Language

That is why Sikhs preferred India because Of the affinities and Similarities
between Hinduism and Sikhism

YET when it came to Power sharing with Bengalis ; it all unravelled and imploded

Today Sikhs have a Clear and well defined SPACE called Punjab in India to Rule

In any power sharing arrangement and agreement with West Punjab
ie Pakistan you would have been given crumbs and left overs

Hinduism is insulted here everyday, or are you saying that we need to give "special consideration" to sikhs ?
No. The difference is that the Sikhs are one of us. The Pakistanis are not.

You're misunderstanding me. In the case where Hindus and Sikhs upto Delhi joined Pakistan, it would not have been Pakistan but a different country based on ethnic lines. I don't think we had much of a say in partition as common people otherwise Sikhs wouldn't have let Nankana Sahab go and of course Muslims majority areas (lets leave them unnamed for the sake of avoiding controversy) would have elected Pakistan.

Such THEORIES and Hypothesis do not work in REAL LIFE

Such THEORIES and Hypothesis do not work in REAL LIFE

Who knows, we will never know :-)

Today Sikhs have a Clear and well defined SPACE called Punjab in India to Rule

Debatable, the Punjabi suba movement should never have happened and is a way for the Akalis to grab power by exploiting religious sentiment and also gain control over Gurudwaras by marginalizing Sikhs who do not wear turbans and Hindus who profess belief in Sikhism out of the power sharing agreement IMO. But I wouldn't expect a non Punjabi to understand, I get what you are saying. It is a better arrangement than they could hope for in a merger of just Sikhs with present day Pakistan.

Who knows, we will never know

Sikh Leaders of 1947 SIMPLY had to look at their HISTORY for
making a Decision ; which way to join

And The Sikh Muslim conflict spanning several centuries
is very well Documented

So it was a Very EASY choice for Sikhs of 1947

Sikh Leaders of 1947 SIMPLY had to look at their HISTORY for
making a Decision ; which way to join

And The Sikh Muslim conflict spanning several centuries
is very well Documented

So it was a Very EASY choice for Sikhs of 1947

Now you're diverging off topic. We were talking about whether a state that included people upto Delhi which Jinnah was trying to get would have worked out in our favor or not. I agreed with you that just the Sikhs joining Pakistan might have not worked in our favor because of the demographics.

Don't get it twisted snowflake, we refer to your kind as bhaiyya no matter if you are from the South or Bihar :lol: Madrasi is what other bhaiyyas call you when they want to insult you. You're just a darker, smellier, less intelligent and uglier bhaiyya from my perspective. In fact, I think so lowly of you that I'm not going to bother replying to your diarrhea. Cheers, go play some jallikattu now.
Cmon man why don't you both just agree to disagree and call it a day! No need to make personal remarks!

Who knows, we will never know :-)

He is somewhat correct- Pakistan was separated on religious lines not on regional lines- Which is why Minorities from both sides migrated- What you are hinting is perhaps a buffer North Indian state which could've allowed Muslims, Sikhs and Hindus co-exist- If that ever possible, there was no reason for Pakistan or partition in the 1st place- remember All Muslim areas like the Tribal regions of Pakistan were 50-50 on Pakistan- It were people who had lived with Hindus and Sikhs who were aggressively going for partition- Both in Punjab and Bengal- especially Bengal in the beginning-

No. The difference is that the Sikhs are one of us. The Pakistanis are not.

Hindus are one of us too and I have seen people pretending to be Hindus, abuse Hinduism while the sheeps looked on.

Nothing I have said is a lie.

Only uncomfortable truths which even sikhs have to learn to face one of these days. They can no longer be fanatical and threaten anyone who speaks their mind, even about sikhism.

Its time they become less like the Islamist's and revert back to the Dharmic culture that encourage doubt and promotes truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom