What's new

Why pray in Arabic and not in a language we understand?

If I am not mistaken about the number there are between 10 to 15 million Hafiz (Quran memorizer) in the world: This by itself is a MAJOR SIGN for those who actually can think about it. How can they? Why? What makes them? Can anyone bring a similar analogy for ANOTHER book being memorized by just 100 people, or say even less 10 people memorizing a comparable length book??

Allah (C.C) has made Quran EASY to memorize and mentions that fact in Quran itself. I myself have witnessed a couple of little children (age ~7) that has completely memorized Quran and reciting it during Ramadan at a Mosque. As such, Allah has created us with many amazing and amply capabilities and catered us precisely for what we need in this life and our duties.

In order to pray, at a minumum, one has to memorize the chapter Al Fatiha ( which would take less than half a minute to recite ) and just a few more similar length verses. To learn the meaning of these verses together beside memorizing it would not take too much effort and time. Allah wants easiness for us not hardship. Allah tells us to recite what is easy from it. Thus the amount of effort to learn how to properly pray in Arabic is indeed very insignificant compared to capabilities we have been bestowed upon.

Secondly Quran is exactly Allah's divine word, but the translation it not. There might be similar but different translations for the same verse and besides as we know something always gets lost in translation from one language to another. What if that translator did not properly get what Allah meant in the verse?

Thirdly the message in Quran is POWERFUL but so magnificent is the DELIVERY of the message. The beauty and eloquence of the Quran is so high ,the Arabic Quran is the best literature present in the world.

In Quran, Allah asks those who reject Quran to bring something comparable to just a small portion of Quran if they can and seek whatever help while doing it. And tells that they will never be able to do that! When a very good reciter recites, it becomes mesmerizing to even those who do not understand its meaning; people literally cry listening to it. This is also one of the many paths that Christians and others take towards Islam, they hear some recitation of Quran and the journey starts there...

Finally, Quran itself is the foremost miracle that has been given to our beloved prophet Hz.Muhammed (sav). Other prophets have been given other miracles what Allah has ordained for them (Hz. Iysa, Hz. Musa, Hz Yusuf, etc ). So we should treat Quran as the miracle it is...

It seems you believe the Qu'ran to be corrupted and distorted?

Which parts do you believe then and which ones do you discard as false?

What about the verses in which Allah promises to protect and safe guard the Qu'ran from coruption till the End of Times? Do you also believe these to be forged?

Please elaborate.

We believe the part that says Jesus was no God :P - and obviously he was not white and with blue eyes thats just common sense we don't need any text for that

Jesus is one of the like Prophet Of ALLAH..
He Says that ALLAH,And ALLAH accommodate the pray of Jesus and ALLAH take the Aasman for alive And Jesus come back for special purpose in the world

Jesus is one of the like Prophet Of ALLAH..
He Says that ALLAH,And ALLAH accommodate the pray of Jesus and ALLAH take the Aasman for alive And Jesus come back for special purpose in the world

Also, refer to pages 57-62 of Dr. Bilal Philips' book: Quran's Numerical Miracle: 19 Hoax and Heresy. Hopefully, those who are followers of Rashad Khalifa will now open their eyes and abandon his innovated sect, and return to Orthodox Islam.

Refuting Rashad Khalifa's "Law Of Preservation" Concept

You think i haven't read the multiple refutations against the numerical structure?

I've done the required reading to come to the conclusion that the structure exists.

I've done the required reading to come to the conclusion that the structure exists.

Have you read this book?
islamic-replies.ucoz.com/2/Qurans_Numerical_Miracle_19_Hoax_and_Heresy.doc

If I am not mistaken about the number there are between 10 to 15 million Hafiz (Quran memorizer) in the world: This by itself is a MAJOR SIGN for those who actually can think about it. How can they? Why? What makes them? Can anyone bring a similar analogy for ANOTHER book being memorized by just 100 people, or say even less 10 people memorizing a comparable length book??

Allah (C.C) has made Quran EASY to memorize and mentions that fact in Quran itself. I myself have witnessed a couple of little children (age ~7) that has completely memorized Quran and reciting it during Ramadan at a Mosque. As such, Allah has created us with many amazing and amply capabilities and catered us precisely for what we need in this life and our duties.

In order to pray, at a minumum, one has to memorize the chapter Al Fatiha ( which would take less than half a minute to recite ) and just a few more similar length verses. To learn the meaning of these verses together beside memorizing it would not take too much effort and time. Allah wants easiness for us not hardship. Allah tells us to recite what is easy from it. Thus the amount of effort to learn how to properly pray in Arabic is indeed very insignificant compared to capabilities we have been bestowed upon.

Secondly Quran is exactly Allah's divine word, but the translation it not. There might be similar but different translations for the same verse and besides as we know something always gets lost in translation from one language to another. What if that translator did not properly get what Allah meant in the verse?

Thirdly the message in Quran is POWERFUL but so magnificent is the DELIVERY of the message. The beauty and eloquence of the Quran is so high ,the Arabic Quran is the best literature present in the world.

In Quran, Allah asks those who reject Quran to bring something comparable to just a small portion of Quran if they can and seek whatever help while doing it. And tells that they will never be able to do that! When a very good reciter recites, it becomes mesmerizing to even those who do not understand its meaning; people literally cry listening to it. This is also one of the many paths that Christians and others take towards Islam, they hear some recitation of Quran and the journey starts there...

Finally, Quran itself is the foremost miracle that has been given to our beloved prophet Hz.Muhammed (sav). Other prophets have been given other miracles what Allah has ordained for them (Hz. Iysa, Hz. Musa, Hz Yusuf, etc ). So we should treat Quran as the miracle it is...

Well said, Arabic and the flow and tune in Arabic talawat cannot be duplicated in any language.

@ PacificBeach
A very good post....

answering many questions....

one thing which people dont thik about when they say trastlation. whenever you translate from any language the translated part loses its charm its attraction and some times meanings as well.

@ PacificBeach
A very good post....

answering many questions....

one thing which people dont thik about when they say trastlation. whenever you translate from any language the translated part loses its charm its attraction and some times meanings as well.

Arabic is a beautiful language that Allah tallah has given to all Muslims.

I’m not talking about the people I’m talking about the language.

Muhammad (s.a.a.w) once said “Go in quest of knowledge even unto China.”

And we Muslims know that on the day of judgement we will be asked questions in Arabic.

That’s why we learn Arabic but reading Or listening in our own languages does not do any harm.

I would agree to an extent with your translation bits however it’s easier for some languages to be translated from Arabic and have the same meaning as in the original text such as Urdu, Persian etc

Peace

And we Muslims know that on the day of judgement we will be asked questions in Arabic.

Is there a source for this claim please?

Just an observation:

A lot of people have gone harping around how Arabic makes Quran easy to memorize and how its not possible in any different language.
My objection is that these people forget to differentiate between memorizing and understanding.What is better? I feel even if I can understand 2 pages of a book then its better than memorizing the whole lot and understanding zilch. I feel that there are very few people in the world that truly understand the meaning of Quran and if by translating it from Arabic to Urdu or Hindi or Sanskrit , people start understanding it then I guess that's better

Is there a source for this claim please?

Day of judgement and the coming of Dajjal (book from pak-search it up)
I do not have the book anymore so I do not remember the author only 1st name Haider .

The book is with my uncle in Pakistan, unless you want to wait a year longer when I go back and ask him for it!!!

You can search it up online and see for yourself or you can search it up among the long list of videos where it will be mentioned all the things that will happen on al qiyamah.

peace

Muhammad (s.a.a.w) once said “Go in quest of knowledge even unto China.”

That is a fabricated hadith according to Sheikh Albani, Ibn Jawzi and Ibn Habban. For more on this narration, read: muftisays.com/qa/question/1196/maudu-hadith.html

You could have mentioned ahadith that are stronger in their authenticity (i.e.

الراوي: أنس بن مالك المحدث : طلب العلم فريضة على كل مسلم

Day of judgement and the coming of Dajjal (book from pak-search it up)
I do not have the book anymore so I do not remember the author only 1st name Haider .

The book is with my uncle in Pakistan, unless you want to wait a year longer when I go back and ask him for it!!!

You can search it up online and see for yourself or you can search it up among the long list of videos where it will be mentioned all the things that will happen on al qiyamah.

peace

LOL! So mere fiction to back up your claim? Just as I thought.

Back
Top Bottom